G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
will post pics when I get home... at work now I think they look amazing !! do they cut down on noise on the highway?? I will let you know as soon as I get on the highway lol lucky my jobs two miles from my house. bought the car back before Halloween have yet to put 1600 miles on it.. ha!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
My wife hit a dead deer last night. No visible damage, but lots of deer pieces stuck to under carriage. Been through the car was 3 times, and not much luck

Any better ideas for cleaning this up other than putting it up on ramps and pressure washing it in my driveway. IDK that a self serve car wash will give me enough room to get up under it, although they usually have the foaming brush
Old 01-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,723 Likes on 3,528 Posts
Those touchless "laser wash" places usually have a strong undercarriage spray as you enter. And if you enter the bay as a crawl, it should just keep blasting away underneath until you're all the way in.

But yeah, you should probably look underneath. And the best way to really figure out if you've a problem is to get it up on a lift.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:40 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Those touchless "laser wash" places usually have a strong undercarriage spray as you enter. And if you enter the bay as a crawl, it should just keep blasting away underneath until you're all the way in.

But yeah, you should probably look underneath. And the best way to really figure out if you've a problem is to get it up on a lift.
Thanks. I tried that under carriage trick last night. I need to get rid of the fur and parts and pieces to get a better look. This isn’t how I want to spend my Monday evening lol
Old 01-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Thanks. I tried that under carriage trick last night. I need to get rid of the fur and parts and pieces to get a better look. This isn’t how I want to spend my Monday evening lol
That sucks! Hopefully there is no damage. Let the meat dry out to make jerky
Old 01-22-2018, 11:38 AM
LssThanThree
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I have an extra clock.... I need to test it but pretty sure it works. Bought it to do a custom blue LED one but never did it.
Is that the clock I sent you? If so, I've been meaning to ask you what you did with it. Post pictures once you have it setup!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Entcee
Let the meat dry out to make jerky
When I was a kid, my Mom killed a deer in front of a house of hunters, who scooped up that deer in minutes. We had venison in the freezer for the rest of the year.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:56 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
When I was a kid, my Mom killed a deer in front of a house of hunters, who scooped up that deer in minutes. We had venison in the freezer for the rest of the year.
I have heard of people doing that, and probably the only upside to the whole situation. How bad was her car?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Entcee
I have heard of people doing that, and probably the only upside to the whole situation. How bad was her car?
IDK. I was just a kid, and it was an early 70's AMC Ambassador station wagon. So, American Tank. I'm sure if there was damage, my Dad would have just ignored it as long as the car was functional and passed inspection. He was a very practical man, and not really into cars.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
Do that in Texas and get caught, you go to jail. Besides, our deer are a bit small.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

My wife spent at least an hour trying to find a detail company to clean up her mess. Shockingly, nobody was interested

So....DIY car wash or put the car on ramps on the driveway and hit it with the pressure washer.

The car wash has the foam brush option and cleanup would be easier.

Home has a larger assortment of tools, lighting and lifting options, as well as beer. Tough decision
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
My wife spent at least an hour trying to find a detail company to clean up her mess. Shockingly, nobody was interested

So....DIY car wash or put the car on ramps on the driveway and hit it with the pressure washer.

The car wash has the foam brush option and cleanup would be easier.

Home has a larger assortment of tools, lighting and lifting options, as well as beer. Tough decision
Was going to tell you to bring the ramps to the car wash..... until you said beer. At home wins.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Lego...I'd personally take it to the car wash first and see if you can get the foam brush under the carriage. Most times they have the drain in the middle of the bay so it should create some additional room. I'd want as much or all of the deer pieces to go into their drain and not may driveway at my house...but thats just me. Or can bring the ramps to the car weash as stated above.

If after that still not clean then I would leave my house as the last option...
Old 01-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
gonna wrap the chrome and the roof and get the windows tinted soon gonna look real flush then. still no wind noise test will update.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:41 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Just picked up some Motordyne ART pipes for the sedan. They're used so no hardware or gaskets were included. Anyone know a good place to pick up gaskets/nuts/bolts at a fair price or at least supply the nut/bolt sizes so I can source them through my Fastenal rep. Z1 wants $74.00 for gaskets and hardware I was hoping to find these at about half that price.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?