G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 09:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Damn, leave the forum for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:53 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
So Lego, no more free speech or honest opinions from you! YOU MUST HAVE THE SAME TASTE AS EVERYONE ELSE or be quiet Haha. We better ourselves through criticism, and while it sucks when others don't agree with our choices, best is to stand for your choices and give your reasoning instead of busting out the "your mom" card. Anyways, perhaps if the car sat a bit lower, those wheels would look fine. I think it's just an unflattering angle. Not my cup of tea either, don't like two tone painted wheels, but to each his own

Last edited by hexotic; 08-30-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
So Lego, no more free speech or honest opinions from you! YOU MUST HAVE THE SAME TASTE AS EVERYONE ELSE or be quiet Haha. We better ourselves through criticism, and while it sucks when others don't agree with our choices, best is to stand for your choices and give your reasoning instead of busting out the "your mom" card. Anyways, perhaps if the car sat a bit lower, those wheels would look fine. I think it's just an unflattering angle. Not my cup of tea either, don't like two tone painted wheels, but to each his own
I definitely agree. Besides, when you post any picture on the internet in a forum or discussion, etc. you open it up for criticism (not bashing) or praise. Sometimes we don't get the one we prefer.

As for the car, I'm not a fan of wheels painted that way, but it is a clean design reminiscent of the Accord wheel posted.

@Dumoncer - In photography the angle you take a picture means all the difference - then lighting, etc. Kneel down and take the pic at the front or rear 3/4 of the car with the front wheels slightly turned. I'm sure you'll get a better response. If not, accept that others don't share your taste. The important thing: Does it make YOU turn back and look at it as you walk away? If so, you've done your job
The following 2 users liked this post by r2dmax:
hexotic (08-30-2017), Rochester (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Dumoncer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels

Originally Posted by r2dmax
I definitely agree. Besides, when you post any picture on the internet in a forum or discussion, etc. you open it up for criticism (not bashing) or praise. Sometimes we don't get the one we prefer.

As for the car, I'm not a fan of wheels painted that way, but it is a clean design reminiscent of the Accord wheel posted.

@Dumoncer - In photography the angle you take a picture means all the difference - then lighting, etc. Kneel down and take the pic at the front or rear 3/4 of the car with the front wheels slightly turned. I'm sure you'll get a better response. If not, accept that others don't share your taste. The important thing: Does it make YOU turn back and look at it as you walk away? If so, you've done your job
Just to be clear, I'm totally fine with the criticism, no problem. What I took issue with was the comment from Lego comparing the wheels on my G to a Honda. I took it as a flat out low blow, which I now realize it was not (but hearing my G compared to a Honda in any context is unflattering, so hopefully you can see at least a bit of reasoning in my over reaction). I was only responding to the previous specific post asking for a straight-on angle and tint law wuestion. So apologies for the angry reply.

Btw planning to get it lowered this fall. I love them and have received many comments fr passerbys, so all good with me. Feedback welcome. For $950 were a huge improvement fr stock 17's.

Direct apologies to Lego.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:59 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
Would feel upset if someone compared your car to an Acura?
Old 08-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Dumoncer

Wheels

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Would feel upset if someone compared your car to an Acura?
I get your point, but to your thinking... you wouldn't think twice if someone said 'nice Altima' to you about your G37, because there is no difference between a company's base and luxury brand? Then why aren't we all idiots for not simply buying Nissan instead of paying more for an Infiniti?
Old 08-30-2017, 03:18 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
so u guys really cant have any tint in the front windows? thats fked up and looks ridiculous but i guess if everyone's car looks like that its become normal to see lol. must get hot lol. and i thought we had it bad with only allowing 35% for all windows for all passenger vehicles.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Dumoncer

Tint

Originally Posted by saywat?
so u guys really cant have any tint in the front windows? thats fked up and looks ridiculous but i guess if everyone's car looks like that its become normal to see lol. must get hot lol. and i thought we had it bad with only allowing 35% for all windows for all passenger vehicles.
Yep, none allowed at all on fronts. It sucks. But ya, fully used to it because thats all you see. Any front tinted car that drives here from somewhere else sticks out like a sore thumb. Especially to police.

I could see it looking ridiculous if you weren't use to it.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:55 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Dumoncer
Just to be clear, I'm totally fine with the criticism, no problem. What I took issue with was the comment from Lego comparing the wheels on my G to a Honda. I took it as a flat out low blow, which I now realize it was not (but hearing my G compared to a Honda in any context is unflattering, so hopefully you can see at least a bit of reasoning in my over reaction). I was only responding to the previous specific post asking for a straight-on angle and tint law wuestion. So apologies for the angry reply.

Btw planning to get it lowered this fall. I love them and have received many comments fr passerbys, so all good with me. Feedback welcome. For $950 were a huge improvement fr stock 17's.

Direct apologies to Lego.
Very sporting of you. I understand not appreciating the comment based on perspective, but I will say this is a pretty good group that doesn't act like the Civic or 3 Series guys. Everyone has been pretty genuine though honest in their comments. Keep modding and keep posting and most of all ENJOY YOUR G!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?

No different than California. By law we're not allowed to have any tint on the front windows here in California, but I'd say around half the population out here doesn't abide to this law. Its kind of like the front license plate law or even the speed limits out here... If you get caught you pay the fine (and have to pull your tint) and if you haven't gotten caught then you can consider yourself lucky.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Anything over 35% in MD (and a lot of others) require removing the tint and getting the car inspected at the local barracks. The only work around to this is a Dr.'s note. My fiance is prone to migraines and was prescribed medication for them. The darker interior helps reduce the chances of a migraine since she isn't required to squint in order to see quite as much. I have her registered on the car as a 'just in case' but I've been pretty lucky so far.

I think the light interior color also makes the car not appear as dark as a black or red interior would so that helps. Been pulled over twice since I've had the 20% tint applied and the officers never mentioned it.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:06 AM
MetalHead7075

The chrome was peeling off my shifter,so I decided to do a Carbon Fiber wrap on it.Have a couple small places that are not perfect,so I will redo it later.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
^Actually looks pretty good. Don't even want to discuss how long it took me to do my grille and rear emblem...
Old 08-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
^Actually looks pretty good. Don't even want to discuss how long it took me to do my grille and rear emblem...
I completely feel your pain. I tried doing bluebats vinyl overlay for the chrome finisher on the trunk. Gave up and threw it away after 2 hours with a hairdryer and a pissed off girlfriend (not a good helper).
Old 08-31-2017, 11:08 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
I still want to see someone try that leather wrap for the shifter. I may buy it just to see how it looks in person lol.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?