Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Installed my wheels today.

More pics and specs [in this thread]

Old 07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Finally blacked out the fog light housings and chrome window trim.

Looks great, Andy. Did you use a matte look vinyl for those or did you paint them?
Old 07-05-2017, 08:00 PM
tank99
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks great, Andy. Did you use a matte look vinyl for those or did you paint them?
Also interested...love the look of my black window trim but unsure what to do with the fog rings.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 PM
tank99
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Installed new rotors and pads this weekend. Went with centric blanks and stop tech pads. I had severe wheel shake under minimal pressure. The inside of the rotors were rusted so bad it was eating into the top and bottom of the pads, I'm guessing they were factory rotors.
Obviously braking feels 100 percent better, but General driving feels much improved as well since I think it was causing vibration even when I wasn't on the brakes. I also have much improved pedal feel and more confidence driving. Amazing what even a good set of factory brakes can do...
Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Nah, was too lazy. Just plastidip. Still want to wrap it eventually, but I just wanted to switch things up a bit, and had a can laying around.
The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Started a project that, if it works, will save me $600.

This is very early in the process. More to come. I'll post a more detailed update in my build thread when I get a little further along.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Blocks of wood?

They look to be about the same shape as your fog light bezels.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:37 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Dembflyr
Started a project that, if it works, will save me $600.

This is very early in the process. More to come. I'll post a more detailed update in my build thread when I get a little further along.

I'm assuming you will be mounting LED's in those? I like where this is going so far... But if your going through all this effort to make something custom then maybe you should change the position of the LED's to something different than the OEM LED DRL's... like maybe do a line of LED's the follow the outer curve of the mounting bezel... Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Blocks of wood?

They look to be about the same shape as your fog light bezels.
Block of wood for now.

I'm assuming you will be mounting LED's in those? I like where this is going so far... But if your going through all this effort to make something custom then maybe you should change the position of the LED's to something different than the OEM LED DRL's... like maybe do a line of LED's the follow the outer curve of the mounting bezel... Just a thought.
I hear ya about making it a little more custom but there isn't a whole lot of room to move things around. I had thought of doing 6 LED's per side but I think I've settled for something close to the OEM look.

I am going to try to angle them a little more than the OEM ones.

This is what I hope they will look like when done.

Its close but a little more angled.

The hardest part so far has been trying to make sure all of the LED's are going to be pointing in the same direction.
2GoRNot2G (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 09:57 AM
carguy95

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yesterday, my new grille came in, all the way from Japan (thanks extended to JDM Parts Ninjas, great customer service all-around, even sent me a bunch of Japanese goodies). I have yet to decide if I want to put an Emblem on the front, but more than likely, I will be. Want it to look alittle more closer to OEM.

This is the only pic I have at this moment, it looks better up close.
Also, you cant see it, but there is a thin line of carbon fiber along the bottom and edges of the grille. Fitment is good, the bottom of the grille bows out a tad, and strangely, there is a screw hole in the bottom-side of the grille, as if someone wants me to drill down into the crossframe (it's that bar you can see through the grille in the middle of the car). Not sure if possible or a good idea, more research is needed.

Opinons/feedback/help welcome, just wanted to try something new as I haven't seen a grille of this style on this forum yet.
STownSaint (07-10-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I like the grill but now you need a CAI to have something besides the radiator support to look at
Old 07-07-2017, 10:14 AM
carguy95

Originally Posted by r2dmax
I like the grill but now you need a CAI to have something besides the radiator support to look at
I actually have the R2C Black Hex Series intake with the nickel-plated tubes. Is it a true cold air intake? No. Maybe Ill consider selling it, but I'm not a fan of the Stillen CAI.

Takeda?
Old 07-07-2017, 01:40 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by carguy95
Yesterday, my new grille came in, all the way from Japan (thanks extended to JDM Parts Ninjas, great customer service all-around, even sent me a bunch of Japanese goodies). I have yet to decide if I want to put an Emblem on the front, but more than likely, I will be. Want it to look alittle more closer to OEM.

This is the only pic I have at this moment, it looks better up close.
Also, you cant see it, but there is a thin line of carbon fiber along the bottom and edges of the grille. Fitment is good, the bottom of the grille bows out a tad, and strangely, there is a screw hole in the bottom-side of the grille, as if someone wants me to drill down into the crossframe (it's that bar you can see through the grille in the middle of the car). Not sure if possible or a good idea, more research is needed.

Opinons/feedback/help welcome, just wanted to try something new as I haven't seen a grille of this style on this forum yet.

Never been a big fan of mesh style grills on the G, but with the painted surround it seems to work on your car. Now you just need to paint that rear support piece black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. FYI... My support piece has several holes drilled in it to help hold the hoses in place for my Rotrex fluid cooler that's mounted behind the grill... 6+ years like that and no issues for me.
carguy95 (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 02:25 PM
carguy95

Never been a big fan of mesh style grills on the G, but with the painted surround it seems to work on your car. Now you just need to paint that rear support piece black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. FYI... My support piece has several holes drilled in it to help hold the hoses in place for my Rotrex fluid cooler that's mounted behind the grill... 6+ years like that and no issues for me.
I like the idea of painting it black, rather than me trying to replace my current intake with a whole new one, when it would primarily be just for looks.

I was trying to think of what else I could put behind the grille, for appearence and for performance, and this could be an option:

Mishimoto Performance Radiator for 2007+ Nissan 370Z/Infiniti G37 [Z34]

Once again, not that I need a new radiator, as there a lot of other more important mods to be done at the moment (i.e. rear diff bushings, pretty sure mine is blown), but it would look cool, IMO.

My project for the weekend is to paint the support piece black, and find an Infiniti emblem to put on there. I need a better solution than simply sticking an adhesive Mt. Fiji on the mesh, as I dont want to ruin the grille if I change my mind. I had something like this in mind, but I dont know how I could get the emblem to hold using the prongs.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
JB Weld will hold most anything if you give it the 24 hr. cure. Nice looking grill BTW.
carguy95 (07-07-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?