Info in his Build Thread ^^^
The following users liked this post:
QuinnDEskimo (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

An Infiniti Skyline with 4DSC window stickers. It's officially a hot mess of branding elements.
Nicely done sir. I can't imagine how much of a pain that was to get lined up perfect. Especially for you and how much of a perfectionist you are.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:10 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Does this count as doing something to your sedan?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Does this count as doing something to your sedan?

I'd say it does, but WTF, is with those prices? did you order that stuff from a Canadian dealer?(I know we have it bad up here and have bitten the bullet a few times myself) ...but if you can cancel the order, you can have those hardware kits shipped to your door including duties and taxes pre-paid and everything quoted in Canadian dollars from rock auto starting around $5USD a corner and maxing out around $20.00 a corner..last time I ordered one it took less than a week to get it...

Edit: Just did a shopping cart on the site: CAD$22.69 including taxes, duties and upgraded shipping for all the parts..I'm sorry this jsut bothers me that the charges are so high hup here....I remeber when sherway nissan gave me quote on these exact parts and i was like WTF... hell NAPA has the hardware kits for about $20.00 plus taxes per corner (if they have stock)

Last edited by Baadnewsburr; 04-04-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:50 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by Hashim
I'd say it does, but WTF, is with those prices? did you order that stuff from a Canadian dealer?(I know we have it bad up here and have bitten the bullet a few times myself) ...but if you can cancel the order, you can have those hardware kits shipped to your door including duties and taxes pre-paid and everything quoted in Canadian dollars from rock auto starting around $5USD a corner and maxing out around $20.00 a corner..last time I ordered one it took less than a week to get it...

Edit: Just did a shopping cart on the site: CAD$22.69 including taxes, duties and upgraded shipping for all the parts..I'm sorry this jsut bothers me that the charges are so high hup here....I remeber when sherway nissan gave me quote on these exact parts and i was like WTF... hell NAPA has the hardware kits for about $20.00 plus taxes per corner (if they have stock)
Its not just the regular hardware Im ordering, Its the full kit with pins and stuff. The regular kit is a lot cheaper. I had a friend who works in the parts department at nissan look up OEM pricing for all the components I need, with his 25% discount, it ended up at like $410 cad. I ended up ordering from z1 motorsports. They seem to be one of the only companies that carries the full kit, most others just have shims and tension springs.

I also had a 20% discount coupon for Z1, so the final price wasn't as bad as whats shown here, this is just a screenshot of the order screen.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Its not just the regular hardware Im ordering, Its the full kit with pins and stuff. The regular kit is a lot cheaper. I had a friend who works in the parts department at nissan look up OEM pricing for all the components I need, with his 25% discount, it ended up at like $410 cad. I ended up ordering from z1 motorsports. They seem to be one of the only companies that carries the full kit, most others just have shims and tension springs.

I also had a 20% discount coupon for Z1, so the final price wasn't as bad as whats shown here, this is just a screenshot of the order screen.
I'm glad you got a discount, but the ones I quoted come with the pins too. I have ordered it before more than once...the rock auto sets are so cheap I don't even clean them anymore I just replace them.

like i said i went to sherway nissan and got the crazy $3-400 quote for the same hardware and couldn't believe it... I went to NAPA but they only had one package in all of the GTA and it was missing a part inside (still 4 times the rock auto price) when I bought it...then ordered off rock auto...done.

Sometimes i'm appalled at the price differences up here... in particular for smaller things like bolts and clamps...the markup is like 500% and up....I have ordered a lot of my parts from the dealership in buffalo and picked up the parts there because of this...I once price the rear axle bolts to the diff at like 100CAD or something and the american dealer had them for about 20 dollars or something...these were jsut standard high grade automotive bolts> oddly bigger parts seem to be on par its the small stuff they really gouge us with up here.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:40 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs

Loving the no steering wheel look, DFS. Very Spartan and uncluttered, but a little impractical!

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Man John your age must be getting to you ....no sir...those are real CF pieces that were gel coated. Had those on since the 7at, hence everything fit over with the exception of the bottom 3 pieces around the shifter and I have yet to find anyone local to do the work to match up the lay of the carbon.

+100 on the real CF over the factory pieces. This is the only way to do CF IMO! Just make sure it is clear-coated after the gel coat, since the gel coat doesn't offer any real UV protection. Otherwise the parts will eventually start to discolor and turn a bit brown overtime. Obviously not as important with interior parts (as opposed to exterior parts), but still a must IMO.

Coincidentally Carbon Fiber Elements just shipped me a few more interior pieces today!

Incidentally, Tony at Carbon Fiber Elements tells me that he has a CF trunk for the G37 sedan sitting around collecting dust. So if anyone is interested in a CF trunk for their G sedan, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Tony.
blnewt (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Those OEM Brake Hardware kits are so outrageously priced, the Centric version which is virtually identical is about dimes on the dollar vs. those OEM kits
Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Oh well, Ill know for the future. I got the callipers fairly cheap with fresh powdercoat, guess you win some and lose some.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Oh well, Ill know for the future. I got the callipers fairly cheap with fresh powdercoat, guess you win some and lose some.
You didn't know there were other options and you didn't pay full price, nothing wrong with that Looking forward to seeing those installed, going to look

FWIW here's those brake kits at rockauto~
This is just cut from this thread~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...the-cheap.html

the price may have changed a bit from when this was posted~

Also the brake hardware kits can be ordered from www.rockauto.com (these are just over $6 a kit, about $80 less than Infiniti prices) *****YOU ONLY NEED ONE HARDWARE KIT FOR THE FRONT AND ONE FOR THE REAR***** ALSO SOME PADS INCLUDE THE HARDWARE KIT SO VERIFY WHEN YOU ORDER (IF POSSIBLE)

Front kit Centric # 11742053
Rear kit Centric # 11742054
hexotic (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:48 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by blnewt
You didn't know there were other options and you didn't pay full price, nothing wrong with that Looking forward to seeing those installed, going to look

FWIW here's those brake kits at rockauto~
This is just cut from this thread~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...the-cheap.html

the price may have changed a bit from when this was posted~

Also the brake hardware kits can be ordered from www.rockauto.com (these are just over $6 a kit, about $80 less than Infiniti prices) *****YOU ONLY NEED ONE HARDWARE KIT FOR THE FRONT AND ONE FOR THE REAR***** ALSO SOME PADS INCLUDE THE HARDWARE KIT SO VERIFY WHEN YOU ORDER (IF POSSIBLE)

Front kit Centric # 11742053
Rear kit Centric # 11742054
Well, damn, thats like a 80% discount.... Ill see if I can still cancel my order... spend that money on better rotors instead. Any idea if they have the shims for the bake pads? finding it hard to find stuff not knowing the part numbers.

$170 cad for hardware kits and ss lines..... wow... with shipping...
Old 04-04-2017, 10:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Well, damn, thats like a 80% discount.... Ill see if I can still cancel my order... spend that money on better rotors instead. Any idea if they have the shims for the bake pads? finding it hard to find stuff not knowing the part numbers.

$170 cad for hardware kits and ss lines..... wow... with shipping...
I've only used two different pads w/ my G, the Stoptech Street Pads have integrated shims on the backers and my Wilwoods aren't required.
Might contact the company that you're buying your pads from or check w/ KNSbrakes.com for that info.
hexotic (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:59 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Hmm, I have hawk pads ordered from a local place with free shipping. Ill send them a message I guess. Any idea if the banjo bolts that come with those SS lines fit? or would I need to order some? Lol, sorry for all the questions, you've opened a whole new world for me.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Hmm, I have hawk pads ordered from a local place with free shipping. Ill send them a message I guess. Any idea if the banjo bolts that come with those SS lines fit? or would I need to order some? Lol, sorry for all the questions, you've opened a whole new world for me.
Yeah, those Stoptech banjos work just fine. Haven't used Hawks but here's a thread on 35driver, looks like they have integrated shims
http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-s...questions.html
hexotic (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 11:40 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

You saved the day once again wow... So I ordered the hardware kit, ss lines, and paid $200 less than I paid for the hardware kits alone... I really hope I can cancel that Z1 order...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?