G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
I have the Tekeda's, dropping the bumper is quick but not a necessity with the elbow tubes. Word of advise though, you may want to dremel out a small portion of the rad support so that the elbows arent pinched.

Youll see what I mean once your in there, but just take off the grille rad cover and you'll have no issues at all.
Thanks for the advice. I might give it a shot with the bumper on.

Did you use a cutting disk or grinder attachment?
Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
suggestions for the strap...
Sand off the corrosion and get a matching race-spec Ti bolt, M6-15mm.

Like I'm one to talk... I've had a broken bolt from the relay box bracket that's been stuck in the fender and mocking me for two years now.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Sand off the corrosion and get a matching race-spec Ti bolt, M6-15mm.

Like I'm one to talk... I've had a broken bolt from the relay box bracket that's been stuck in the fender and mocking me for two years now.
What about this in the interim?

Sean
Old 03-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Sweet!

Now don't let anyone tell you to start polishing and waxing the accessible painted surfaces in the engine bay, because that would be crazy... right? LOL
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Thanks for the advice. I might give it a shot with the bumper on.

Did you use a cutting disk or grinder attachment?
Yea should have no probs with the bumper on, I just used a flapwheel sander as it was very minimal that I needed to sand off. But you can use the cutting disck np, just be sure to smooth out the edge once done so that it doesnt tear in the hose.

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Update - don't do this!!

Sean
Quick note:

Those fasteners pictured DO NOT create a reliable ground. I'm back to OEM for the time being. Live and learn...

Sean
The following 2 users liked this post by VIVID:
Nico-derm (03-30-2017), Rochester (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Quick note:

Those fasteners pictured DO NOT create a reliable ground. I'm back to OEM for the time being. Live and learn...

Sean

lol, I was just about to post asking how the aluminium washers (not sure what the bolts are made of) affect the ground. but they do look good...I wonder if you could tuck a stainless steel washer behind them with the same circumference to get the ground and maintain the pretty.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:25 AM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
The easy fix to that is polishing the paint underneath the connection to bare metal then use dielectric grease between the cable and body of the vehicle. I have done that many times in the past and years went by without any corrosion. I live in the south though which may have something to do with it.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:36 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by Hashim
lol, I was just about to post asking how the aluminium washers (not sure what the bolts are made of) affect the ground. but they do look good...I wonder if you could tuck a stainless steel washer behind them with the same circumference to get the ground and maintain the pretty.
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
The easy fix to that is polishing the paint underneath the connection to bare metal then use dielectric grease between the cable and body of the vehicle. I have done that many times in the past and years went by without any corrosion. I live in the south though which may have something to do with it.
Thanks guys. I'm gonna leave it where it lays for now. I had to clear two SES errors from that little stunt. lol

Sean
Old 03-30-2017, 05:40 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Oh but I did finally switch back to my warm weather wheels/tires.

And like any good wheel *****, I'm gonna ditch my coupe 19's finished in sunken treasure for something new...not sure what yet though.

Goodbye it was a nice ten months...lol:

Sean
Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm gonna leave it where it lays for now. I had to clear two SES errors from that little stunt. lol

Sean
My mechanic buddy drilled out a bunch of pennies and put it under the aluminum washers lol.
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 09:19 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Must have been american pennies, seeing as we no longer use them, and the most recent versions were not made of copper anyways.... if he did have some old ones lying around this would be the only practical use for a Canadian, props!

Last edited by Nico-derm; 03-31-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:49 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
Must have been american pennies, seeing as we no longer them, and the most recent versions were not made of copper anyways.... if he did have some old ones lying around this would be the only practical use for a Canadian, props!
Canadian, but old ones. He has a bag of old pennies just for this kind of stuff, it's kind of funny. My neg battery terminal is a bit damaged and loose, right now 'fixed' with a penny haha.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:06 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by Nico-derm
Must have been american pennies, seeing as we no longer them, and the most recent versions were not made of copper anyways.... if he did have some old ones lying around this would be the only practical use for a Canadian, props!
Originally Posted by hexotic
Canadian, but old ones. He has a bag of old pennies just for this kind of stuff, it's kind of funny. My neg battery terminal is a bit damaged and loose, right now 'fixed' with a penny haha.
I know this is off topic, but the ingenuity of car people is truly fascinating . BTW, I don't think US pennies are all copper anymore either...IIRC they're zinc with a copper skin.

Sean
Old 03-31-2017, 09:32 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
My negative battery terminal is stretched too. to the point that its come off after driving over really bad roads a few times... I got these lead shims for 3 about dollars the other day, but I've been contemplating just replacing the cable ...I wonder if this is a common issue with these cars.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?