G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
Same thing I'm looking for. I have a cracked fog light lens and trying to decide whether to just spend $120 on 2 replacements or spend $200 on Morimotos
Well Morimotos are $170 STYD and at $50 more than OEM....should be a no brainer
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Calidoso
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Installing Berks HFCs this morning. Can't wait to feel the difference.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:06 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Well Morimotos are $170 STYD and at $50 more than OEM....should be a no brainer
Sorry, I'm not a "follow the crowd" type person. I won't buy it just because people do. I haven't personally seen the Morimotos in action or in person to see a reason to buy them over the standard ones. Are they brighter, more focused? What is it that makes them so desirable?

No offense, but it's like buying a Tommy Kiara clock - I really like it, but would I pay $200 (just grabbed a number) more for it because of that? No, but I respect the person that sees the value in it themselves

So for me it's not a no brainer. If I don't have a solid reason to buy the Morimotos, I'll get the stock replacements and a set of Carsmo ***** for the same money
Old 03-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
r2dmax, the Morimoto LED fog lights are much more appealing than OEM.

Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith. I want to say "trust me on this one", but I'm just some guy on a car forum, and trust is a personal commodity.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:16 AM
r2dmax

This is true... We shall see. So much I WANT to do, not sure where to start... SMH
Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith. I want to say "trust me on this one", but I'm just some guy on a car forum, and trust is a personal commodity.
You say the same thing about swaybars and the RJM clutch pedal
Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Many will attest to these being "must haves". Simply the two best driving mods for any 6mt car
Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Calidoso
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This is true... We shall see. So much I WANT to do, not sure where to start... SMH
Most of us feel this way, this forum has been an amazing tool for getting great feedback on products out there for the G and other models. I can speak from experience that all of the suggestions made to me have not let me down. With that being said, ive heard nothing but good things about the XBs but I personally Like the yellow Fogs look and the fact that it will actually help with the fog so I went with 2300k PIAA Ion Yellow Bulbs.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Hindsight certainly doesn't make you a genius, but it does lend credibility to advice.

That said, every person who owns a G37 should upgrade their swaybars. And every G/Z 6MT owner should get the RJM Pedal.

Oh man, I am so full of philosophical BS today. LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Calidoso (03-29-2017), VIVID (03-30-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Hindsight certainly doesn't make you a genius, but it does lend credibility to advice.

That said, every person who owns a G37 should upgrade their swaybars. And every G/Z 6MT owner should get the RJM Pedal.

Oh man, I am so full of philosophical BS today. LOL
Sways were my first mod

RJM is on the short list, if only for the claim it reduces premature CSC replacement.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 PM
r2dmax

I want to say "trust me on this one", but I'm just some guy on a car forum, and trust is a personal commodity.
Don't misunderstand - I do take ques from those who are more familiar with a platform than myself (such as yourself and a couple of others) otherwise I never would have joined the forum before I even bought the car. I just don't automatically complete a modification based on "everyone has it"
Old 03-29-2017, 12:40 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Sorry, I'm not a "follow the crowd" type person. I won't buy it just because people do. I haven't personally seen the Morimotos in action or in person to see a reason to buy them over the standard ones. Are they brighter, more focused? What is it that makes them so desirable?

No offense, but it's like buying a Tommy Kiara clock - I really like it, but would I pay $200 (just grabbed a number) more for it because of that? No, but I respect the person that sees the value in it themselves

So for me it's not a no brainer. If I don't have a solid reason to buy the Morimotos, I'll get the stock replacements and a set of Carsmo ***** for the same money
Well this comment right there just told me everything I need to know

By all means at this point, please just spend the money on the OEM and forget all else. Only thing I'll tell you is theres probably a good reason why most on this forum have alot of the same mods....and its NOT from "following the crowd"
Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 PM
r2dmax

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Well this comment right there just told me everything I need to know

By all means at this point, please just spend the money on the OEM and forget all else. Only thing I'll tell you is theres probably a good reason why most on this forum have alot of the same mods....and its NOT from "following the crowd"
It sounds like I have offended and that was never the intent. Don't assume I'm a stock only person or whatever. The TK clock was just an example. There are a lot of JDM items I really like but wouldn't personally spend the money on because I would put the money into a different mod. I love seeing the JDM items on people's cars though.

I also have to say my view and place in life is probably different than it was as I would have done much of that in years past. I'm a little older with a family (wife, 2 older children) one of which has recently finished college and the other is in college, so my $$ don't stretch the same. PLus my car is the one driven most for the family and I regularly carry 4 adults. Thus I am more particular about what I do
Old 03-29-2017, 12:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

It sounds like I have offended and that was never the intent. Don't assume I'm a stock only person or whatever. The TK clock was just an example. There are a lot of JDM items I really like but wouldn't personally spend the money on because I would put the money into a different mod. I love seeing the JDM items on people's cars though.

I also have to say my view and place in life is probably different than it was as I would have done much of that in years past. I'm a little older with a family (wife, 2 older children) one of which has recently finished college and the other is in college, so my $$ don't stretch the same. PLus my car is the one driven most for the family and I regularly carry 4 adults. Thus I am more particular about what I do
Fog lights will have zero impact on your adult passengers, in the same way that another $50 won't impact your expenses. It's just for you, and your perception of your ride. Just go for it, man. I promise there will be no regrets.

And Father Fat Sac obsessively loves his little turtle, so those were fighting words, LOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Daddy Fat Sacs (03-30-2017), r2dmax (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM
r2dmax

Fog lights will have zero impact on your adult passengers, in the same way that another $50 won't impact your expenses. It's just for you, and your perception of your ride. Just go for it, man. I promise there will be no regrets.

And Father Fat Sac obsessively loves his little turtle, so those were fighting words, LOL.
Yeah, I probably will. I would like them to shine yellow though. Can you do that with bulbs? or do I have to wrap the lenses?

Like I said, the turtle was just an example. Sorry to offend Mr Fat Sacs

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?