G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
XERXIES_333

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
Decided to go back to having some night time contrast at the front end. I've been running 5k vleds v3 triton switchbacks for a while now in place of the amber halogen turn signal bulbs. Recently swapped to the morimoto led fogs that I've had sitting around since their sale in December of 2015(?). So with the switchbacks, led fogs, and the factory hids I got a little tired of the amount of ~5k illumination up front and swapped in some amber/amber v3 tritons today. They're quite bright, obviously the 5k switchbacks have more lumens but the amber switchbacks are significantly brighter than the amber halogens. For now, I'm happy with something different.
Can you post a picture please ?

On a side note, with the morimoto box sitting in your house can you tell me what country these product's are made in ?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks like you did a nice job with the vinyl diffuser. Turned out great, but the back-up camera looks odd and is covering up your license plate.

I'm curious to know what you think of the Zmotering under-tray. How's the fitment? Does it seem solid? How's the placement of the "oil filter door" and will the oil changes be easier with the door? Etc... Inquiring minds want to know...
I'll have an answer for you by tomorrow on the oil door since my oil maintenance reminder just popped up. As for the fitment, I ordered the wrong tray first - for a G37x. Fitment was waaaaaay off and I let the company know it with a nice email and pics. After they corrected me, they sent me a new tray for my car. I had to pay shipping twice (there and for the replacement), but the fitment now is spot on. It'll save me 10-15 mins for sure of just taking off the plastic tray. I'll get better pics later.

BOT...
Painted the engine cover. My painting skills aren't really that good but it turned out decently. Anodized yellow

​​​​​

Last edited by Saltman; 03-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
I'd love to see pics of this
Originally Posted by XERXIES_333
Can you post a picture please ?

On a side note, with the morimoto box sitting in your house can you tell me what country these product's are made in ?

Thanks
Let me know what kind of pictures you're hoping to see and I'll see what I can conjure up in the future. As far as the morimotos go, the box says made in taiwan. They carry a nice build and feel solid and have good output. Just wish the aim was adjustable for the sport bumper. But I'm not dissatisfied.

I'm curious to know what you think of the Zmotering under-tray. How's the fitment? Does it seem solid? How's the placement of the "oil filter door" and will the oil changes be easier with the door? Etc... Inquiring minds want to know...
I know you asked saltman, but figured I'd chime in since I also have a zspeed belly pan/splash shield/under tray, whatever you want to call it as it seems different by person. I have an AWD so I opted for the V3 and it is SOLID. The first winter I had the car in my ownership after lowering it, the OEM tray got completely annihilated and that same winter I ordered the zspeed tray and as soon as I could get it on I did. I'm glad I did because this last winter (the following winter after I had put it on) some jack wagon plowed a cantaloupe sized Boulder into a two lane road and I couldn't switch lanes or avoid it due to traffic and sadly I thought it was a snow ball or wheel well pack from another car. I have never had my butt pucker so hard in a long time. The zspeed tray has a decent sized dent in it but man if I had the OEM tray or no tray, pretty sure I'd need a new oil pan and possibly new sway bar. Long story short, I can vouch for the zspeed tray. If you're considering it I'd do it. Plus it looks good under the car. Also the oil filter opening is a plenty.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 PM
XERXIES_333

Let me know what kind of pictures you're hoping to see and I'll see what I can conjure up in the future.

Front of vehicle so I can see how it look with the multi colour set up and view from drivers seat so I can see how it lights up the road please.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:22 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Front of vehicle so I can see how it look with the multi colour set up and view from drivers seat so I can see how it lights up the road please.
Same thing I'm looking for. I have a cracked fog light lens and trying to decide whether to just spend $120 on 2 replacements or spend $200 on Morimotos
Old 03-28-2017, 05:43 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltman
I'll have an answer for you by tomorrow on the oil door since my oil maintenance reminder just popped up. As for the fitment, I ordered the wrong tray first - for a G37x. Fitment was waaaaaay off and I let the company know it with a nice email and pics. After they corrected me, they sent me a new tray for my car. I had to pay shipping twice (there and for the replacement), but the fitment now is spot on. It'll save me 10-15 mins for sure of just taking off the plastic tray. I'll get better pics later.

BOT...
Painted the engine cover. My painting skills aren't really that good but it turned out decently. Anodized yellow

​​​​​
Let me know what kind of pictures you're hoping to see and I'll see what I can conjure up in the future. As far as the morimotos go, the box says made in taiwan. They carry a nice build and feel solid and have good output. Just wish the aim was adjustable for the sport bumper. But I'm not dissatisfied.

I know you asked saltman, but figured I'd chime in since I also have a zspeed belly pan/splash shield/under tray, whatever you want to call it as it seems different by person. I have an AWD so I opted for the V3 and it is SOLID. The first winter I had the car in my ownership after lowering it, the OEM tray got completely annihilated and that same winter I ordered the zspeed tray and as soon as I could get it on I did. I'm glad I did because this last winter (the following winter after I had put it on) some jack wagon plowed a cantaloupe sized Boulder into a two lane road and I couldn't switch lanes or avoid it due to traffic and sadly I thought it was a snow ball or wheel well pack from another car. I have never had my butt pucker so hard in a long time. The zspeed tray has a decent sized dent in it but man if I had the OEM tray or no tray, pretty sure I'd need a new oil pan and possibly new sway bar. Long story short, I can vouch for the zspeed tray. If you're considering it I'd do it. Plus it looks good under the car. Also the oil filter opening is a plenty.

Thank you both for the feedback on the ZSpeed under-tray. Sounds like it's a nice solid piece! The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I think I'd need to make a small notch in the under tray to clear my intake tube which now sits where my factory window washer fluid bottle was. I would also need them to move the oil door to the driver's side since my oil filter was located to that side with my super charger install. I've already discussed this with ZSpeed and they said they could just add a fuel door to the driver's side as well, so I would have them on both sides.

Looks like you did a nice job with the paint on your engine cover, Saltman. Any specific reason that you went with gold/yellow for that? Just curious.

Originally Posted by hexotic
Hotchkis sway bars installed..... holy crap.... the difference is waaaaaaaaaaaay more than I expected. Its like a different car. Cant believe i've been putting this off for so long.

Definitely the best "bang for your buck" mod that I've done on the G so far... and also one of the first mods I did to the car (I was actually a test car for Hotchkiss)... Can't believe you've waited this long to replace your sway bars, Andy! Better late than never I guess.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts

Definitely the best "bang for your buck" mod that I've done on the G so far... and also one of the first mods I did to the car (I was actually a test car for Hotchkiss)... Can't believe you've waited this long to replace your sway bars, Andy! Better late than never I guess.
It was a large expense. With the Canadian dollar where it is, this is a very expensive upgrade. Only reason I ended up pulling the trigger is because a friend was parting his car out, and he had these new, traded them for my stock exhaust and a few $$. Otherwise, I'd still be driving on that straw Infiniti calls a sway bar.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Sounds like you made out well with that deal! Did you install them yourself? If so, just make sure to keep the bushings well lubed. I lube mine bushings about every 5K miles (around once a year for me) otherwise they start to get noisy.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:48 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Sounds like you made out well with that deal! Did you install them yourself? If so, just make sure to keep the bushings well lubed. I lube mine bushings about every 5K miles (around once a year for me) otherwise they start to get noisy.
My friend installed them for me. He's the foreman at an Infiniti dealership, one of the top Infiniti techs in the country . So it didn't really cost me much, and I know it was done right.

I did 40k last year, this year probably going to do another 20... Poor girl... (kilometres, not miles) I figure every other oil change should be good. I change every 5k km. Lubed them up with the supplied grease, and then topped off with a grease gun (silicone based).
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

My friend installed them for me. He's the foreman at an Infiniti dealership, one of the top Infiniti techs in the country . So it didn't really cost me much, and I know it was done right.

I did 40k last year, this year probably going to do another 20... Poor girl... (kilometres, not miles) I figure every other oil change should be good. I change every 5k km. Lubed them up with the supplied grease, and then topped off with a grease gun (silicone based).
By "in the country" do you mean in Canada or in the U.S? Because if you mean in Canada... that's like saying he's one of the top Infiniti tech in the "county" here...
Old 03-28-2017, 08:28 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

By "in the country" do you mean in Canada or in the U.S? Because if you mean in Canada... that's like saying he's one of the top Infiniti tech in the "county" here...
Canada lol. He is one of the main go to guys for the new VR engine in the q60, and has 15 years of custom VQ work under his belt, on top of being the head mechanic overseeing 13 dealerships
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
XERXIES_333

More ****. Decals added, and clearcoated. Rear decals were too big, need to order new ones.

Hey did you buy those around the GTA ? or import them ? If so where did you get them ? I have been looking around the GTA and can't find anything for the BBK without ordering from the states or Japan
Old 03-28-2017, 08:52 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Hey did you buy those around the GTA ? or import them ? If so where did you get them ? I have been looking around the GTA and can't find anything for the BBK without ordering from the states or Japan
Came up on Kijiji. You might even know the source car. Seen the bagged white q50 on Vossens? But yeah, GTA. Friend of mine also just sold a set of 4 yellow ones for $700. Posted it on the VQ north FB page, and sold within minutes lol.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:19 PM
XERXIES_333

Came up on Kijiji. You might even know the source car. Seen the bagged white q50 on Vossens? But yeah, GTA. Friend of mine also just sold a set of 4 yellow ones for $700. Posted it on the VQ north FB page, and sold within minutes lol.
I have been watching kijiji as well, if you hear of some can you let me know please ?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2017, 09:21 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

I have been watching kijiji as well, if you hear of some can you let me know please ?

Thanks
sure, they come up in the VQ north group from time to time, anywhere from $650-1000

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?