What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:23 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
What are you trying to say? Did you finally go gloss black instead of bronze on those late-model sport-coupe rims? Good. It suits the car so much better with the roof, front grille, window trim and tint.

Unless that's not what I'm seeing, in which case... um, nevermind.

Or are you complaining that we're going to get 12" of snow tomorrow?
No. Actually, last week I put my forged Rays on and....with the drop in temperature and pending snow, I went back to the late model coupe wheels. Which are still finished in sunken treasure. They look black sometimes and when the light hits them right, some gold peeks through.

Good luck in the snow!!

Sean
Old 03-15-2017, 09:01 AM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Back in 2013, I bought a single, 4" HPS coupler spec'd at 70mm. (Then I cut it in half, one for each side.) IDK if 70mm represents ID or not, but that's what I've got.
Any idea what the chances are that my Z1 post-MAF tubes are around the same thickness as that HPS coupler? I can't seem to find any specs on size for those. (or any other similar products)

They fit tightly enough that I've been running clampless for a clean look, but those aluminum clamps look nice enough I may add them anyway.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by woofersus
Any idea what the chances are that my Z1 post-MAF tubes are around the same thickness as that HPS coupler? I can't seem to find any specs on size for those. (or any other similar products)

They fit tightly enough that I've been running clampless for a clean look, but those aluminum clamps look nice enough I may add them anyway.
There's no way for me to know that. I suspect the Z1 tubes are a thicker material than typical couplers, simply because of the more substantial nature of their application.

I wouldn't run "clampless", regardless of fitment. That doesn't seem right at all.

As for these P2M clamps... they're really inexpensive. You've got nothing to lose except $7 each, time and effort.
The following users liked this post:
woofersus (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Tail-as-Turn modules showed up today, looks like I have something to do while I have a beer after work lol
Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
Tail-as-Turn modules showed up today, looks like I have something to do while I have a beer after work lol
Want a tip? Use a strip of indoor/outdoor mounting tape to adhere the unit to the car so it isn't loose behind the trunk liner. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get into it.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
They're so easy to do that you'll only have time for a few sips while working on them. So easy and yet such a nice change from them.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:39 AM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Want a tip? Use a strip of indoor/outdoor mounting tape to adhere the unit to the car so it isn't loose behind the trunk liner. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get into it.
This is a great tip. I may just have to open mine back up to apply a little tape to them.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks John, I'll have a roll on hand.

Originally Posted by Epiphany
.. you'll only have time for a few sips while working on them....
You may be underestimating my love for beer.... I may have one per side!
2GoRNot2G (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
There's no way for me to know that. I suspect the Z1 tubes are a thicker material than typical couplers, simply because of the more substantial nature of their application.

I wouldn't run "clampless", regardless of fitment. That doesn't seem right at all.

As for these P2M clamps... they're really inexpensive. You've got nothing to lose except $7 each, time and effort.
They look a little thicker to me as well, but I had a distant hope that somebody might know that those various silicone tube products are basically all the same thickness, or some such thing. I suppose I'll just order a couple different sizes and see what works.

I guess it's possible that leaving off the clamps is still bad, but they really are quite snug, and without the accordion segments there's certainly no way for the tube to move around or come off. Despite the simple mechanics and easy access of the job, it turned out to be a fair PITA to get them on the car with the need to significantly deform the tubes and then wiggle them back and forth onto the throttle bodies.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
Finally blacked out the trim thanks to the handy DIY instructions from Blnewt.

Before...
After....
now I just need to do the rear valance. Any suggestions to make it easier?
The following 2 users liked this post by Saltman:
blnewt (03-16-2017), Kaykoose (03-17-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 06:57 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltman
Looks great! Goes very well with the blacked out coupe 19s.

I, on the other hand, installed my Carsmo ***** today. They should have come like this from the factory!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltman

now I just need to do the rear valance. Any suggestions to make it easier?
Looks like you did a great job, really completes the overall look

As far as the valance area. I did mine in Carbon wrap, and what I did was~

use a piece of celophane plastic wrap (just laid down, not stretched at all) on half the valance (be sure to measure an accurate halfway point), I then used a sharpie and made dots every inch or so to outline the outside perimeter including about 3" under the bumper. You then lay this onto your vinyl and do that half, flip the half over onto the rest of the vinyl to get cut an identical opposing half, You might want to cut just a hair over what you "sharpied" then you can do a final exact cut, better to have a bit more than not enough prior to final fit.

You will need to drop your muffler cans to get up into the exhaust cutouts. Here's a couple pics of mine for reference, been on for four years and still looks as day one~

Saltman (03-17-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
^ I did mine without dropping the mufflers. I ended up not liking the wrap look on blue slate... peeled it off not long after.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 PM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
Looks great! Goes very well with the blacked out coupe 19s.

I, on the other hand, installed my Carsmo ***** today. They should have come like this from the factory!

Thanks! I agree the ***** should've come like that from factory. Adds so much more class with that simple upgrade.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looks like you did a great job, really completes the overall look

As far as the valance area. I did mine in Carbon wrap, and what I did was~

use a piece of celophane plastic wrap (just laid down, not stretched at all) on half the valance (be sure to measure an accurate halfway point), I then used a sharpie and made dots every inch or so to outline the outside perimeter including about 3" under the bumper. You then lay this onto your vinyl and do that half, flip the half over onto the rest of the vinyl to get cut an identical opposing half, You might want to cut just a hair over what you "sharpied" then you can do a final exact cut, better to have a bit more than not enough prior to final fit.

You will need to drop your muffler cans to get up into the exhaust cutouts. Here's a couple pics of mine for reference, been on for four years and still looks as day one~
You are DA MAN! I never would have thought of that. It's gonna make it so much easier. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2017, 02:10 AM
R1cky
Registered Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?