The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 06:39 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37

Here's a picture for WellNotExactly to compare how low his resonator is:

Maybe a few other MD owners can chime in and see if they have any tinny noise as well.

Wow! That sits really low! If my resonators sat that low I would scrape them over every speed "hump" in my neighborhood.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:57 PM
situasian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much did you MD owners pay for the CBE? Any of you actually pay the $1800 or $1900 listed on sites?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by situasian
how much did you MD owners pay for the CBE? Any of you actually pay the $1800 or $1900 listed on sites?
Nope, if you call them I’m sure they will work with you Tony’s Wife was nice enough to cut me a deal but I paid full price on the Long tubes because it’s a brand new piece they just came out with
Old 12-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by situasian
I paid around $1800 not including tax. With tax it was around $19-something.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by cptn_barbosa
So hopefully im posting this in the right place. Im still getting used to the forums.

Hello all, so i recently purchased a 13 sedan g37 and i am not regretting the purchase. First mod i wanted to do is of course an exhaust mod. Now i wanted to pay for a good exhaust when i started digging into what i should buy. Well financially some of the "good" ones are priced pretty high. So i opted in a local custom exhaust shop that i had taken a previous car to and well i was happy with what they did then. The following is the exact set up of exhaust i have installed on my sedan. The car in the video is not mine nor do i own the shop or am promoting yall to go the shop. I can post the exhaust on my sedan on a later time.

Chime in and let me know what yall think.

http://youtu.be/JEiSEGGlpMU
Interesting setup here..looks like A Frankenstein project took place here because someone wanted components from different systems. I see what look like 18” resonators, an x-pipe, and a straight through system after that. The drone in this system must be ridiculous, no?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Wellnotexactly

After looking through my messages, I paid $1329 shipped from Charles with b2autodesign for a new ARK grip with stainless tips for the g37 sedan . B2 mentioned that ARK was having a sale so that's what they quoted me. I'm sure during black Friday , you would be able to get that price. But as of now, I'm not too sure as ark could've raised their MSRP. But yeah, I ordered mine from B2

This was last year
ordered mine through a forum vendor and paid $1400 pre-tax, not too shabby as long as I make up the difference from the MD lol.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:55 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
I paid around $1800 not including tax. With tax it was around $19-something.
I thought MD was based in CA. Why did you pay tax? Did you choose to use a IL based vendor for some reason?

ordered mine through a forum vendor and paid $1400 pre-tax, not too shabby as long as I make up the difference from the MD lol.
Did you also have ark? You should really quote things out with multiple vendors... $1400 sounds like the one of the higher rates on the forum. Tax also sounds sketchy since ark is based in CA. I got my CBE + installed at ark for less.

If you're buying solely from a IL based vendor, I really suggest you do some shopping. Feels like you're paying 10-20% more than you need to. For one thing, there's very little reason to buy from a local vendor when you won't even save on shipping.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:19 AM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry Well for the late response. Been so busy with finals for college that I've been just taking a quick peek on this thread every now and then.

As for the ARK, you're gonna love it. It's not going to have that banshee wookie noise like the MD does. But I think you would enjoy it more with some type of HFC. My option would be RHFC yo eliminate some hiss I got with my ARK + Z1. It can also help with the rasp but there wasn't that much to begin with (from what I remember).

As for the price I paid for, I think I didn't have to pay tax EVEN though I'm in CA cause I ordered through a vendor on the east coast. Thus that's why I paid 1329 shipped across the states. I think the price you paid is ok, but as kroy mentioned, you could have gotten it cheaper probability. Or kroy and I are both wrong and they raised the price on the exhaust. I know they did that with the GTHAUS . I also bought my ark early last year. So it's been about 18+ months.

Comparing my MD with my ARK , I can say the ARK is more refined for everyday driving. People will be able to tell you have an aftermarket exhaust by the tone but only when you are accelerating / downshifting / higher rpms. While cruising, it's barely there.

When is it arriving? Regardless congratulations and I know there's a 98% chance of you actually being happy this time when you hear the ark. With oem cats though, it's gonna sound quiet due to the MD. That's why I think you would be happier with a pair of RHFC, or even HFCs. I was thoroughly happy with my ark + z1
Old 12-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by kroy
I thought MD was based in CA. Why did you pay tax? Did you choose to use a IL based vendor for some reason?

Did you also have ark? You should really quote things out with multiple vendors... $1400 sounds like the one of the higher rates on the forum. Tax also sounds sketchy since ark is based in CA. I got my CBE + installed at ark for less.

If you're buying solely from a IL based vendor, I really suggest you do some shopping. Feels like you're paying 10-20% more than you need to. For one thing, there's very little reason to buy from a local vendor when you won't even save on shipping.
I did a fair amount of shopping around but in IL we have a tax for basically everything, and when estimating shipping for parts that kind of kills most things. The vendor just happened to have a warehouse in IL, but I still have to pay the taxes any way you slice it.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Wellnotexactly

Sorry Well for the late response. Been so busy with finals for college that I've been just taking a quick peek on this thread every now and then.

As for the ARK, you're gonna love it. It's not going to have that banshee wookie noise like the MD does. But I think you would enjoy it more with some type of HFC. My option would be RHFC yo eliminate some hiss I got with my ARK + Z1. It can also help with the rasp but there wasn't that much to begin with (from what I remember).

As for the price I paid for, I think I didn't have to pay tax EVEN though I'm in CA cause I ordered through a vendor on the east coast. Thus that's why I paid 1329 shipped across the states. I think the price you paid is ok, but as kroy mentioned, you could have gotten it cheaper probability. Or kroy and I are both wrong and they raised the price on the exhaust. I know they did that with the GTHAUS . I also bought my ark early last year. So it's been about 18+ months.

Comparing my MD with my ARK , I can say the ARK is more refined for everyday driving. People will be able to tell you have an aftermarket exhaust by the tone but only when you are accelerating / downshifting / higher rpms. While cruising, it's barely there.

When is it arriving? Regardless congratulations and I know there's a 98% chance of you actually being happy this time when you hear the ark. With oem cats though, it's gonna sound quiet due to the MD. That's why I think you would be happier with a pair of RHFC, or even HFCs. I was thoroughly happy with my ark + z1

No worries! Yeah my Ark came in last night and I’m going to be putting it on shortly. Figured I would just do it myself. Hilarious point though, I’ve babied the car EVERY time I drove it and somehow still scraped the center resonator. I plan on getting coils soon so I’m happy that I made the decision to get something a bit less low hanging, even if only enough to clear most bumps and cracks. I’m going to be taking a gigantic L from the MD system with respect to money lost, but oh well! Kind of one of those trial and error situations. I’m totally OK with a quieter exhaust than the MD though, I guess we will see! I’ll have pics up when I finish.

Thanks again for weighing in, I just finished finals myself so I know the struggle lol
Old 12-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Wellnotexactly

So here it is. Got the Ark catback on and all I can say is wow, a huge difference from the MD. So much more quiet, which is exactly what I wanted. I don't mind the cans/tips as much as I thought I would, which is always good.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:28 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 243 Likes on 167 Posts
Yeah Ark is perfect for my family daily, not too annoying lol.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:27 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
So here it is. Got the Ark catback on and all I can say is wow, a huge difference from the MD. So much more quiet, which is exactly what I wanted. I don't mind the cans/tips as much as I thought I would, which is always good.

Looks great. Ive always had the stainless steel tips but those don't look bad at all with the black. What's your initial thoughts on it? It's like you went from a screaming tiger to a purring lion.

But it should sound more refined and a little deeper I feel like. Let it break in. Are the thoughts of RHFC cross your mind at all ? Overall, congratulations on the exhaust as well as completing your final. My last one is Monday
Old 12-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Wellnotexactly

Looks great. Ive always had the stainless steel tips but those don't look bad at all with the black. What's your initial thoughts on it? It's like you went from a screaming tiger to a purring lion.

But it should sound more refined and a little deeper I feel like. Let it break in. Are the thoughts of RHFC cross your mind at all ? Overall, congratulations on the exhaust as well as completing your final. My last one is Monday
Thank you! One more semester and I get my second masters, so it’s been stressful to say the least. Hang in there!

The exhaust is is perfect in my opinion, not loud at all but comes to life above 3k rpm. I do notice the in-cabin “boominess” that people have mentioned, and it only occurs in lower gears but isnt really a problem imo. I have been thinking about HFC but want to let this system break in fully before I start messing with it. As to the burnt tips, I actually like them and thought I wouldn’t, it adds a nice flair to the rear of the car. Next mod for me will be a paint correction, it looks so bad.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:08 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Ark sale still going on!

-Josh

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread