G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Revs around the 1:20 mark. Will get some type of drive by video later.

Last edited by Baby Jumpman; 10-28-2017 at 12:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
the93owner (10-30-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 11:06 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice video Jumpman. Definitely still has that signature ark tone to it.

Also, I received my exhaust today. Waaaaay faster than my ARK. Shipped on Thursday, delivered today. Regardless, I got it and I'll upload some teaser pics in a few. From the first look of the welds / packaging, top notch quality
Old 10-28-2017, 11:09 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
Nice video Jumpman. Definitely still has that signature ark tone to it.

Also, I received my exhaust today. Waaaaay faster than my ARK. Shipped on Thursday, delivered today. Regardless, I got it and I'll upload some teaser pics in a few. From the first look of the welds / packaging, top notch quality
Damn, you're a very lucky soul.. I wonder if Jake got his too.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:13 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
Damn, you're a very lucky soul.. I wonder if Jake got his too.
I think our good friend Jake went through a lot more .... Difficulty than most of us to get his exhaust. On other another note, if GSO doesn't find the exhaust, we should keep an eye out for a brand new MD exhaust for AWD for sale... Not one person I can think of would order a MD exhaust for the AWD and wait the build time just to sell it . But hey, who knows.

I'll post pics in 20-30.
The following 2 users liked this post by SkyG37:
Calg37USMC (10-30-2017), Jake85 (10-31-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I think our good friend Jake went through a lot more .... Difficulty than most of us to get his exhaust. On other another note, if GSO doesn't find the exhaust, we should keep an eye out for a brand new MD exhaust for AWD for sale... Not one person I can think of would order a MD exhaust for the AWD and wait the build time just to sell it . But hey, who knows.

I'll post pics in 20-30.
Anxiously awaiting pics/videos
Old 10-30-2017, 04:27 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
Anxiously awaiting pics/videos
LOl I totally forgot. Im still waiting on the tips to come in today but not sure if I will be home to sign for it. Regardless I'll take pics of the beautiful exhaust taking up my living room for you guys in a few hours when I'm back from classes. Has yours arrived yet ?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Wellnotexactly

LOl I totally forgot. Im still waiting on the tips to come in today but not sure if I will be home to sign for it. Regardless I'll take pics of the beautiful exhaust taking up my living room for you guys in a few hours when I'm back from classes. Has yours arrived yet ?
Hahaha all good! My tips actually arrived at the shop first but my exhaust is delivered as of this morning!!!! So now I just have to wait until Friday to get it installed. This is going to be a VERY long week.

I was was hoping to hear what it would sound like on HFC because part of me wants to overnight a set of HFC and install everything at once.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:34 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Hahaha all good! My tips actually arrived at the shop first but my exhaust is delivered as of this morning!!!! So now I just have to wait until Friday to get it installed. This is going to be a VERY long week.

I was was hoping to hear what it would sound like on HFC because part of me wants to overnight a set of HFC and install everything at once.
Ill probably have my exhaust installed Thursday if it works out. It would save you money to do it all at once but it's up to you. Im going all out as I already have the Z1s, and apparently Jake is too with his Berks haha. I would to be honest, would save some money in doing it in 1 trip . What were you looking at getting ? And congrats on getting everything as well as good luck on a long ... ***.... Week to come
Old 10-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Wellnotexactly

Ill probably have my exhaust installed Thursday if it works out. It would save you money to do it all at once but it's up to you. Im going all out as I already have the Z1s, and apparently Jake is too with his Berks haha. I would to be honest, would save some money in doing it in 1 trip . What were you looking at getting ? And congrats on getting everything as well as good luck on a long ... ***.... Week to come
Nice! Looks like we’ll be uploading everything around the same time if we do. Yeah I thought about that too but my only real concern was noise increase. I hear it’s a night and day difference when you start messing with the cats in terms of sound. Like, I want loud and burbley but not “plane taking off” loud.

I originally wanted to go with invidia test pipes purely because someone I follow on IG has the MD catback with them and it sounds orgasmic. However, I won’t be getting a tune right away and live in IL and have to pass emissions relatively soon. Im leaning towards Z1 HFCs now.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:46 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Nice! Looks like we’ll be uploading everything around the same time if we do. Yeah I thought about that too but my only real concern was noise increase. I hear it’s a night and day difference when you start messing with the cats in terms of sound. Like, I want loud and burbley but not “plane taking off” loud.

I originally wanted to go with invidia test pipes purely because someone I follow on IG has the MD catback with them and it sounds orgasmic. However, I won’t be getting a tune right away and live in IL and have to pass emissions relatively soon. Im leaning towards Z1 HFCs now.
For my ARK grip, adding Z1 HFC increased the noise and sound from say, a 6/10 to maybe a 7-7.2/10. Test pipes might be at about 8-8.5/10. For the motordyne though, I'm not sure as I have never heard the MD exhaust in person. The first time will be with my Z1s. But yeah it will increase the noise for sure. That being a good or bad thing is purely up to you.

But also, z1 came out with the new HFCs which are now 100 cell count. Im running the older ones which were 200 cell count just like Berk. If I remember correctly , FI RHFC are 300 cell count. Something to keep in mind as well
Old 10-30-2017, 04:48 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
My Topspeed y-back gets installed on Wednesday. I already have FI RHFC's, so the only think left stock will by the y-pipe. I agonized a little over replacing it, but enough people have indicated that it's not really the constriction point and/or been happy with just the y-back as far as performance goes that I'm going to wait and see. Maybe if I don't like the sound I'll mess with that. It bugs me a little knowing it won't look as good under the car as it could....

I'm looking forward to finally having a car that sounds closer to how it performs, but to be honest I'm probably more geeked about the improved look of the back of the car with some decent looking tips, at least until I get my tune done, which was waiting mostly on the exhaust.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Wellnotexactly

For my ARK grip, adding Z1 HFC increased the noise and sound from say, a 6/10 to maybe a 7-7.2/10. Test pipes might be at about 8-8.5/10. For the motordyne though, I'm not sure as I have never heard the MD exhaust in person. The first time will be with my Z1s. But yeah it will increase the noise for sure. That being a good or bad thing is purely up to you.

But also, z1 came out with the new HFCs which are now 100 cell count. Im running the older ones which were 200 cell count just like Berk. If I remember correctly , FI RHFC are 300 cell count. Something to keep in mind as well
Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. My g/f drives the car during the week bc I take the train and while she’s just as into cars as I am, we have very different tolerances for “loud”. I could probably handle cold starts with test pipes, her not so much. Thanks for the heads up on that, I’ll have to do some research for sure. Optimally I would go with RHFC from FI but I don’t feel like waiting another 6 weeks for an exhaust component lol.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:40 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by woofersus
My Topspeed y-back gets installed on Wednesday. I already have FI RHFC's, so the only think left stock will by the y-pipe. I agonized a little over replacing it, but enough people have indicated that it's not really the constriction point and/or been happy with just the y-back as far as performance goes that I'm going to wait and see. Maybe if I don't like the sound I'll mess with that. It bugs me a little knowing it won't look as good under the car as it could....

I'm looking forward to finally having a car that sounds closer to how it performs, but to be honest I'm probably more geeked about the improved look of the back of the car with some decent looking tips, at least until I get my tune done, which was waiting mostly on the exhaust.
Congratulations on getting your topspeed exhaust. All you need is a MD XYZ Y pipe. Resonated or straight piped, it's up to you. Do you plan to go full bolt on first than tune, or tune after you install the exhaust.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. My g/f drives the car during the week bc I take the train and while she’s just as into cars as I am, we have very different tolerances for “loud”. I could probably handle cold starts with test pipes, her not so much. Thanks for the heads up on that, I’ll have to do some research for sure. Optimally I would go with RHFC from FI but I don’t feel like waiting another 6 weeks for an exhaust component lol.
Has your gf seen videos of the MD on YouTube? If she thinks it's too loud through video, maybe stock cats or RHFC is your best option. I think a member ToXiC was trying to run his MD with FI RHFC. Not sure if he actually bought them but if he did, you can ask him how loud it is. I would avoid TPs (unless ARTs) if you do not want stupid loud
Old 10-30-2017, 07:26 PM
Wellnotexactly

Has your gf seen videos of the MD on YouTube? If she thinks it's too loud through video, maybe stock cats or RHFC is your best option. I think a member ToXiC was trying to run his MD with FI RHFC. Not sure if he actually bought them but if he did, you can ask him how loud it is. I would avoid TPs (unless ARTs) if you do not want stupid loud
She has no idea I’m even switching exhausts haha. She’s used to me having modded cars and the G is the tamest one yet. I think just to be safe I’m going to run stock cats for a week. And yeah! ToXic was one of the people who swayed me to go MD! I think he currently has ART pipes and while it sounds amazing, it’s loud af.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:32 PM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by woofersus

I never thought exhaust tips mattered until I realized how much I didn’t like the stock tips. Looking forward to how it sounds!

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread