G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 02:44 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Quick cold start + 1 quick rev with Ark GRIP + z1 HFC. Sorry for the ****ty video. Had to led it warm up before rev as well as I was late to class already but thought Ill record it really quick.

Start up 0:05
Quick Rev with pops / crackles 1:12
Old 10-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
If I am correct, you just removed the resonators on the Ark Grip Axle Back? And the X-Pipe still has the resonators and the midpipe is still straight piped? Is it alot more raspy? Higher pitched? I recorded sort of cold start / quick rev with my ARK + Z1 HFC . I will try and post it in a little to get an idea of how the crackles and pops sounds on the ARK. Regardless, It is still a bad video but I will post it and then record another when I get a better time. I did it really quick before my college class.
That’s correct. Basically straight piped the back end of it. It’s a little louder than a standard ark exhaust but when I really get on it or downshift you can tell it’s been modified.

Originally Posted by MaQG37
You have ART pipes too, right?
Yes I do, modified to fit awd.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:12 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman
That’s correct. Basically straight piped the back end of it. It’s a little louder than a standard ark exhaust but when I really get on it or downshift you can tell it’s been modified.

Yes I do, modified to fit awd.
Make a video / take pictures of it! Must sound crazy, especially with ARTs
Old 10-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Jake85

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
[QUOTE=SkyG37;4165144]At least you get yours this week Mine is hopefully shipping out today HOPEFFUULLLLLLY. lol.

But on the bright side, I already have the ARK grip while you have that quiet, un-appealing, OEM exhaust So I guess I can manage the wait while you may be more antsy. Regardless, cant wait till you get yours installed and post a sound clip. If I remember correctly, you already have the Berk HFC?

LOL. Oh shoosh, you received a shipping email within a week of ordering yours. I’m picking up the exhaust this afternoon from the shipping facility since they pushed back the delivery date to tomorrow. Yes, but the Berk HFCs aren’t installed yet. It’s going to go from muffled, strangled, constructed OEM to rabid, free flowing, eargasmic banshee come Saturday. Sound clips are a coming in hot Saturday afternoon after I pick her up. Expect a few teaser pics this evening.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:39 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Jake85;4165230]
At least you get yours this week Mine is hopefully shipping out today HOPEFFUULLLLLLY. lol.

But on the bright side, I already have the ARK grip while you have that quiet, un-appealing, OEM exhaust So I guess I can manage the wait while you may be more antsy. Regardless, cant wait till you get yours installed and post a sound clip. If I remember correctly, you already have the Berk HFC?

LOL. Oh shoosh, you received a shipping email within a week of ordering yours. I’m picking up the exhaust this afternoon from the shipping facility since they pushed back the delivery date to tomorrow. Yes, but the Berk HFCs aren’t installed yet. It’s going to go from muffled, strangled, constructed OEM to rabid, free flowing, eargasmic banshee come Saturday. Sound clips are a coming in hot Saturday afternoon after I pick her up. Expect a few teaser pics this evening.
LOL oh yeah I forgot. How long in total did you wait. Damn I forgot. You ordered back in like 93 huh?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Jake85

[QUOTE=SkyG37;4165232]
Originally Posted by Jake85

LOL oh yeah I forgot. How long in total did you wait. Damn I forgot. You ordered back in like 93 huh?
92 actually, it was an especially hot summer
Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Jake85

The package is missing. The 95 f*cking pound package went missing on its way from being picked up in California on its way to Oregon. What an amazing adventure getting this damn Motordyne exhaust is continuing to be. I wish you guys could hear the phone calls I've been having with the shipping company, GSO. Hopefully it shows up at the warehouse tonight. Unbelievable.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:31 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

The package is missing. The 95 f*cking pound package went missing on its way from being picked up in California on its way to Oregon. What an amazing adventure getting this damn Motordyne exhaust is continuing to be. I wish you guys could hear the phone calls I've been having with the shipping company, GSO. Hopefully it shows up at the warehouse tonight. Unbelievable.
Wtf.... Did you email Mariella ? Not to rant at her, but just to see if she was aware, etc? My package got picked up today and is set to deliver on Saturday. I'm using FedEx though. Wow. That's unbelievable. Did they say any details on how it went missing ? Craaazy
Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Jake85

I just did. I just became aware of this bull**** upon driving excitedly to the shipping hub after work to pick it up myself per the information I received from talking to someone at GSO earlier.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

I just did. I just became aware of this bull**** upon driving excitedly to the shipping hub after work to pick it up myself per the information I received from talking to someone at GSO earlier.
Im sorry to hear. Just remember , it's not MDs fault. Hope you get it worked out ASAP.

Paging @WellNot... How's your shipping process going ?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Jake85

Im sorry to hear. Just remember , it's not MDs fault. Hope you get it worked out ASAP.

Thanks Sky. I know but after this long and something like this happens with the shipping I cant help but be left with a negative impression. None of that will matter when I'm driving around with big ol sexy exhaust boner, but until then Im going to mope and complain.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Jake85

Motordyne is shipping out a new exhaust today through UPS this time. It’s the last AWD sedan one they have. So glad they didn’t have to make another. Sorry to anyone that was planning on ordering one and hoping to get it quickly like Sky.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Motordyne is shipping out a new exhaust today through UPS this time. It’s the last AWD sedan one they have. So glad they didn’t have to make another. Sorry to anyone that was planning on ordering one and hoping to get it quickly like Sky.
Glad you got it settled and didn't have to wait for another one. Did GSO ever tell you where the exhaust went ..? Still weird af how a huge box can jus disappear. But as mentioned, glad your new exhaust is on the way.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Jake85

Glad you got it settled and didn't have to wait for another one. Did GSO ever tell you where the exhaust went ..? Still weird af how a huge box can jus disappear. But as mentioned, glad your new exhaust is on the way.
They still had no idea where it was as of last night. Yeah, how a box that big and heavy just goes “missing” when it only has to travel a state away is beyond me. I’m thinking someone may have snagged it.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

So far so good! My tips arrived at the tuner shop and the system is set to be delivered by this coming Tuesday. I’ve already made an install appointment for next Friday and oh my gosh I can’t wait. I’ve been debating on getting HFC or RTP and having it all done at the same time. Part of me wants to say screw it, especially after hearing MaQ’s video he posted, but I feel like I should see how loud it is in person with stock cats before I take the plunge.

Jake, holy crap man, I’m so sorry your exhaust got lost/stolen. I feel like by the time we’ve got these things installed they’ll be like damned badges of honor. “Oh, you ordered your exhaust online and got it and installed it in 3 days? That’s cute.” Your posts made me nervous so now I’m checking the tracking data on mine as we speak LOL.

Last edited by Wellnotexactly; 10-28-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread