G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Jake85

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Just received an update from Mariela at Motordyne saying the new estimated completion date is 10/23. Not happy.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:35 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
9/25 became 10/23?

Are you guys sure these are made in the USA? This is starting to sound like the time it takes to manufacture and ship from China. Starting to think maybe fabrication is done overseas and just welding is finished in USA. Or something along those lines.

The fact that delays are usually 3+ weeks makes me feel like they're waiting on something from overseas. Shipping from China to Long Beach, CA typically takes 2 weeks. Then there's the custom clearance time which adds up to about a week.

Last edited by kroy; 09-28-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake85
Just received an update from Mariela at Motordyne saying the new estimated completion date is 10/23. Not happy.
And you ordered yours in June?!?! How have you not cancelled your order yet? I'm assuming this update pushes mine back as well and to be honest I'm considering canceling my order. For all of this I could have easily sourced a regular RWD sedan E370 and modified the y-pipe on my own time (probably would cost me a lot less too).

I know I've waited this long, but to me at least it's about principle. Fast Intentions openly tells you about the wait and what to expect, so your expectations are tempered from the get go. But this "oh next week, nvm next month" situation is a little much. Is it just Tony making these exhausts himself in his garage on weeknights? Have they replaced the welders with apes? For one of the most expensive exhaust systems for our cars, I expected more.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Jake85

Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
And you ordered yours in June?!?! How have you not cancelled your order yet? I'm assuming this update pushes mine back as well and to be honest I'm considering canceling my order. For all of this I could have easily sourced a regular RWD sedan E370 and modified the y-pipe on my own time (probably would cost me a lot less too).

I know I've waited this long, but to me at least it's about principle. Fast Intentions openly tells you about the wait and what to expect, so your expectations are tempered from the get go. But this "oh next week, nvm next month" situation is a little much. Is it just Tony making these exhausts himself in his garage on weeknights? Have they replaced the welders with apes? For one of the most expensive exhaust systems for our cars, I expected more.

Thats exactly how I feel. It’s worth the wait and I’ll regret if I cancel the order but I’m definitely disappointed. No, I ordered mine August 8. I don’t think I would have any patience left had I ordered back in June. I left a sharp email. It’s like we are getting strung along. Staying true as possible to estimated completion dates clearly is not a priority for them and that’s what I said.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Wellnotexactly

Thats exactly how I feel. It’s worth the wait and I’ll regret if I cancel the order but I’m definitely irked. I ordered mine August 8.
Ah okay so we ordered around the same time I guess. I ordered mine around the 16th or so. I know it's worth the wait too but I'm conflicted. I ordered through a vendor and I'm waiting on the "update" email to officially tell me that you and I are in the same boat here. Until then I'm quietly eyeballing GT Haus systems.....
Old 09-30-2017, 01:07 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Ah okay so we ordered around the same time I guess. I ordered mine around the 16th or so. I know it's worth the wait too but I'm conflicted. I ordered through a vendor and I'm waiting on the "update" email to officially tell me that you and I are in the same boat here. Until then I'm quietly eyeballing GT Haus systems.....
Funny you say that, I think I am going to sell my ARK for the GTHAUS
Old 10-01-2017, 02:05 AM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear man. I did get mine this week and got it installed today. I got a weird deal and ended up with a prototype, still sounds good though.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:58 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
To all of you Motordyne guys waiting on your setup...be patient. It's worth the wait.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 AM
kc_pig
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My decent exhaust on a budget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teaa...ature=youtu.be

2.5" true duals into Super44 series Flowmasters, 4" painted tips.

Last edited by kc_pig; 10-04-2017 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by MaQG37
To all of you Motordyne guys waiting on your setup...be patient. It's worth the wait.
Youre totally right and it is. The GT Haus idea came and went very quickly. Unfortunately, now I’m having thoughts about going single (nothing to do with waiting times). I’m giving it time to see if I’ll like the idea when the initial spark passes.

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
Sorry to hear man. I did get mine this week and got it installed today. I got a weird deal and ended up with a prototype, still sounds good though.
No worries! Stuff happens. Great to hear dude, post up some pics and sound clips! A prototype eh? Now that is odd, what did you order?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:18 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Youre totally right and it is. The GT Haus idea came and went very quickly. Unfortunately, now I’m having thoughts about going single (nothing to do with waiting times). I’m giving it time to see if I’ll like the idea when the initial spark passes.

No worries! Stuff happens. Great to hear dude, post up some pics and sound clips! A prototype eh? Now that is odd, what did you order?

Yea, not the final version, my blue tips don't even fit, i gotta call Motordyne to see if i can get another one. I got the one for the AWD. I'll get some pics when i can get her on a lift for a better view
Old 10-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1E6kkshEi4

Yea, not the final version, my blue tips don't even fit, i gotta call Motordyne to see if i can get another one. I got the one for the AWD. I'll get some pics when i can get her on a lift for a better view
I wonder if they sent you mine?! Lol I’ve been waiting on an AWD version. It sounds absolutely beastly man and I am glad you are happy with it!

Let me get this straight though, you were waiting since June and they sent you a prototype that had parts that didnt fit and now you’ve got to call them and have them ship (possibly another wait) you the right stuff? Discount or not (unless it was practically free), that just seems incredibly sloppy to me.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Jake85

Yea, not the final version, my blue tips don't even fit, i gotta call Motordyne to see if i can get another one. I got the one for the AWD. I'll get some pics when i can get her on a lift for a better view[/QUOTE]

Oh my, that sounds so good. Thanks for the video. I needed that as I impatiently wait for the next estimated completion date.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:13 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

I wonder if they sent you mine?! Lol I’ve been waiting on an AWD version. It sounds absolutely beastly man and I am glad you are happy with it!

Let me get this straight though, you were waiting since June and they sent you a prototype that had parts that didnt fit and now you’ve got to call them and have them ship (possibly another wait) you the right stuff? Discount or not (unless it was practically free), that just seems incredibly sloppy to me.
Only my blue exhaust tips didn't fit, i got an extra stainless steel tip, but i like the painted tips more though. I haven't even called Motordyne yet, i'm hoping it's as simple as just getting new tips.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Jake85

Wow, yeah that seems outrageously irresponsible. I would be pissed. I didn't pay almost 2 grand for an effin prototype. Not exactly confidence inspiring as Motordyne has already shown to be unreliable.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread