G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 AM
LssThanThree
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
All these posts get me excited for my exhaust from Fast Intentions to be ready. It's been 16 weeks since I placed my order, but given my ETA, I only need to wait about 2 more weeks for it. I'm getting it installed at FI too!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Can anyone answer the elusive Y Pipe question ??.....Is the Y
pipe on all G'z universal or it it different for AWD ??? Agency makes a sweet Y pipe for the G 35 and Z, and G37 but I'm reading that the Agency Y pipe fits and flows better on the G....anyone?? anyone??...Buehler??....Buehler ??....there is a thread for this product and in the post there is a "argument" over this fitting AWD....nobody seems to have the YES or NO answer
Old 06-21-2017, 05:29 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich11G37xS
Can anyone answer the elusive Y Pipe question ??.....Is the Y
pipe on all G'z universal or it it different for AWD ??? Agency makes a sweet Y pipe for the G 35 and Z, and G37 but I'm reading that the Agency Y pipe fits and flows better on the G....anyone?? anyone??...Buehler??....Buehler ??....there is a thread for this product and in the post there is a "argument" over this fitting AWD....nobody seems to have the YES or NO answer
The OEM Y pipe is universal, but on aftermarket, it depends. Some don't clear the transfer case on the AWD G.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by LssThanThree
All these posts get me excited for my exhaust from Fast Intentions to be ready. It's been 16 weeks since I placed my order, but given my ETA, I only need to wait about 2 more weeks for it. I'm getting it installed at FI too!

Looking forward to your update once you get the exhaust installed. I've actually been talking to Kevin at FI about making a custom set up with round Carbon Fiber mufflers with quad tips, but he is reluctant to do the quad tips for some reason.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
The OEM Y pipe is universal, but on aftermarket, it depends. Some don't clear the transfer case on the AWD G.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:26 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice. Those little pops and burps make for a very aggressive sound, far more exotic that you would expect from a car like this. My exhaust doesn't share that characteristic. It's note is equally deep, but consistent. Seems your choices in cats and cans has created something unique.

Never understood the value of "cold start" videos, but once it tamped down to normal idle, it sounded fantastic, Z.
Do you think those burps and pops are also due to his Ecutek Tune? Having the ARK + Z1 HFC, I would love to replicate how his FI CBE + AAM sounds. Now, I don't need it to be like a JAG F-Type, but few tiny pops on downshift would be nice I came across a 2012 6MT G37 but unfortunately, I couldn't sell my G and purchase his in time. So I a thinking of doing an ECUTEK tune since I am keepin my 11 7AT but 800$ is quite a bit as I don't even have an intake but only those two performance mods listed above. You think the tune will enhance my exhaust sound to create a few pops as well as maximize performance? Thanks guys and nice sounding setup
Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Yes, good point, SkyG37. Another reason to look forward to getting tuned.

My only personal experience here was three years ago, when another forum member let me roll around with his 6MT Sedan that was tuned with a full ARK exhaust, cats and catback. Certainly the unique double Helmholtz design of that setup made for an exotic sounding exhaust, but there was this crazy random pop and crackle going on that blew my mind.

Z, are you reading this? Did the tune change your exhaust note?

Last edited by Rochester; 06-22-2017 at 07:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SkyG37 (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yes, good point, SkyG37. Another reason to look forward to getting tuned.

My only personal experience here was three years ago, when another forum member let me roll around with his 6MT Sedan that was tuned with a full ARK exhaust, cats and catback. Certainly the unique double Helmholtz design of that setup made for an exotic sounding exhaust, but there was this crazy random pop and crackle going on that blew my mind.

Z, are you reading this? Did the tune change your exhaust note?
I had the AAM HFC isntalled and the car tuned the same exact day so I wouldn't really be able to tell. I do think having your tuner adjust AF ratios will definitely add more crackles, providing your exhaust is free flowing enough. The Z1 HFC should definitely crackle/pop.
The following users liked this post:
SkyG37 (06-22-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 06:37 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
I don't recall any change in the exhaust note when I first had my car tuned many, many years ago. There definitely weren't and pops/crackles added from the tune. But mine is a 3.5HR, so maybe the VHR motors are affected differently by the tune.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:41 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
I can attest to experiencing crackling and popping from my FI exhaust after the Ecutek tune. Loved it!
Hoping for the same once the Z get's her exhaust and tune.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:49 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
About to add my motordyne xyz pipe with resonator to my top speed y back and ART Pipes and see how it goes! Got a deal and just received it! Can't wait to have it installed!
Attached Thumbnails The Sedan Exhaust Thread-photo534.jpg  
Old 06-28-2017, 11:59 PM
LssThanThree
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
About to add my motordyne xyz pipe with resonator to my top speed y back and ART Pipes and see how it goes! Got a deal and just received it! Can't wait to have it installed!
Can't wait for a sound clip!
Old 06-30-2017, 01:19 AM
EquinoxVoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently have art pipes and an hks axleback, tomorrow I will be experimenting by taking off the resonators . Will post a before and after if anyone is interested in hearing
Old 07-02-2017, 01:16 AM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Just had a custom exhaust finished up...

2 xlerator 2.25"x18" resonators (where OEM resonators typically are located)
2 vibrant ultra quiet resonators 2.25" (where OEM mufflers typically are located)
HR ypipe with y cut off and 2" x pipe welded in (HR y pipe is slightly bigger than the factory sedan y pipe)

Car sounds great. From 3500 rpm up it sounds like a super car. Love driving under overpasses with the windows down! Lmao

Best thing is that during my previous dyno sessions the car showed an 11whp and 9wtq increase over a 2" dual exhaust with x pipe into OEM mufflers (which flows better than OEM sedan exhaust) so I would be at least a solid 15whp over OEM sedan and maybe close to that in wtq as well. Untuned as of current
Old 07-02-2017, 12:00 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by EquinoxVoid
Currently have art pipes and an hks axleback, tomorrow I will be experimenting by taking off the resonators . Will post a before and after if anyone is interested in hearing
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
Just had a custom exhaust finished up...

2 xlerator 2.25"x18" resonators (where OEM resonators typically are located)
2 vibrant ultra quiet resonators 2.25" (where OEM mufflers typically are located)
HR ypipe with y cut off and 2" x pipe welded in (HR y pipe is slightly bigger than the factory sedan y pipe)

Car sounds great. From 3500 rpm up it sounds like a super car. Love driving under overpasses with the windows down! Lmao

Best thing is that during my previous dyno sessions the car showed an 11whp and 9wtq increase over a 2" dual exhaust with x pipe into OEM mufflers (which flows better than OEM sedan exhaust) so I would be at least a solid 15whp over OEM sedan and maybe close to that in wtq as well. Untuned as of current
Let's get some sound clips for both!

My DC Sports headers should be installed next weekend. It seems I will be the only one with this combo ---> DC Headers, Motordyne ART Pipes, Motordyne E370. I will definitely get some sound clips.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread