G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 01:36 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Yes. I think Stillen is a quieter, subtler set-up compared to what else is out there. Plus, it has a very OEM look to it
Old 04-28-2017, 01:55 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad A
So you are saying the Stillen is quieter than Invidia and Ark? I am trying to get better flow with the least amount of added sound possible.
In terms of volume

ARK > Stillen > Invidia.

I've owned the Stillen and Invidia. I've heard the ARK in person.
The following users liked this post:
Mad A (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Mad A
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
In terms of volume

ARK > Stillen > Invidia.

I've owned the Stillen and Invidia. I've heard the ARK in person.
Thank you, I've got my answer then. Invidia is what I need.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Stachuu
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Is there any difference between sedan RWD and AWD, Y pipe?
Seems like I'm getting some mixed results and they look the same?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:05 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
IMHO, after I heave heard in person the Stillen CB, Nvidia CB, ARK CB.

The Ark takes the crown for deep growls and healthy engine sound. Hopefully soon I'm going to throw on Fast Intentions HFC, it will def sound a lote more aggressive on the lower gears and RPM. Some members around here have that setup already, originally I fell it love with the setup because of the Drew Evans G37xS setup he had on his moonlight build.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by c1utchh
IMHO, after I heave heard in person the Stillen CB, Nvidia CB, ARK CB.

The Ark takes the crown for deep growls and healthy engine sound. Hopefully soon I'm going to throw on Fast Intentions HFC, it will def sound a lote more aggressive on the lower gears and RPM. Some members around here have that setup already, originally I fell it love with the setup because of the Drew Evans G37xS setup he had on his moonlight build.
Interesting...Taking notes! Lol
Old 05-02-2017, 05:50 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Buddy filmed my TopSpeed. G37 Sedan Topspeed Catback Exhaust $540 Shipped - YouTube
Vid is before wheels were fitted properly lol.
I'm really liking the sound of that, and the price is certainly attractive. Can anybody tell me if there is a performance disadvantage to leaving the stock y-pipe and it's smaller diameter? What about if I think I may get a tune at some point? Is there an inherent disadvantage with leaving in configured as a y-pipe in general? I've read some say the post-cat exhaust isn't really a restriction point for this car. I already have FI RHFC's.

There's one video on the topspeed website that combines this setup with an exhaust depot y-pipe. Are there others I should look at? I don't see any other y-pipes discussed in this thread.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:56 PM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
About to install the TopSpeed axleback muffler delete here in about 3-4 hours. I am curious to see how it sounds with my 12" vibrants.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 PM
King 0din
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ARK GRIP exhaust with FI resonated test pipe?

Has anyone got this build? Also, Stillen Gen3 DAI. Been looking @ youtube all day and haven't found one which is weird. If you do, upload a vid? Or someone who has better searching skills. Thanks y'all.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:46 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by James Harden
About to install the TopSpeed axleback muffler delete here in about 3-4 hours. I am curious to see how it sounds with my 12" vibrants.
Post a clip when you can.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
FrankRoshi
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's makes a difference sometimes... helpful, huh?

Originally Posted by Stachuu
Is there any difference between sedan RWD and AWD, Y pipe?
Seems like I'm getting some mixed results and they look the same?
There is a difference. I have the AWD, and the transfer case bulges on the passenger side enough to potentially get in the way of a Y-pipe. That being said, I put a Megan Y-pipe on my xS with no problem, as well as a Q300 Invidia, both without issue. So, is there a difference? I think in some cases. That's probably your cause for mixed results.

For or anyone interested in that Frankenstein MeganVidiaManzo mashup... its finished. I just need a chunk of time to take the invidia CB and Kinetix HFC off and install Berk HFC's and the the red monster... I painted the exhaust with red 550 deg enamel to deter rusting, as that's what I heard I'd get using a flux core wire welder to weld stainless.

Here's pics.

From asthma to athlete, I say... we shall see how she sounds soon...
Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by woofersus
I'm really liking the sound of that, and the price is certainly attractive. Can anybody tell me if there is a performance disadvantage to leaving the stock y-pipe and it's smaller diameter? What about if I think I may get a tune at some point? Is there an inherent disadvantage with leaving in configured as a y-pipe in general? I've read some say the post-cat exhaust isn't really a restriction point for this car. I already have FI RHFC's.

There's one video on the topspeed website that combines this setup with an exhaust depot y-pipe. Are there others I should look at? I don't see any other y-pipes discussed in this thread.
My friend had the Manzo Y-pipe with his. Its almost the same size as the stock one. Besides the cats, the main restriction in the OEM exhaust on the X sedan is right at the mufflers where the pipe diameter shrinks to a shocking 1.5". The thing you read is probably more related to coupes. Infiniti figured the sedan being more of a family car, they muted the exhaust as much as they could.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 AM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Post a clip when you can.
https://*******/M2Ar

Here is a quick clip. I ran into an issue on the install and have to take them off and grind off about 1/4" on the piping connecting to the oem pipes. They dont fit all the way over and the slits on the ends are exposing small holes. Also had trouble with the fitment on the left side as you see in the video it sits higher than the right. I was just super anxious to hear it so installed anyways. Not sure if the video does much justice but it is pretty loud.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:21 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

James,I can't get the video to play.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

That is a red monster you got there Frank. You should do a clip with the kinetix and then a clip of the berk HFC's. if you have time.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread