Mak34
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Pic of my ARK Grip Exhaust..
Old 10-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Dang
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
This thread is torture... I'm 8 weeks into an 8-12 week delivery time frame for a Fast Intensions CBE.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Dang
This thread is torture... I'm 8 weeks into an 8-12 week delivery time frame for a Fast Intensions CBE.
Worth the wait, Dang. Totally. Worth. The. Wait.

Mine took 14 weeks, but I did this over Winter, so it didn't hurt as much. When your FI exhaust does finally show up, figure you'll have at least a couple of weeks before it starts snowing... LOL.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:18 PM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mak34
Pic of my ARK Grip Exhaust..
Where would I find a CF diffuser like this for my sedan?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Q.Gsxr
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by James Harden
Where would I find a CF diffuser like this for my sedan?
Both nextlevelperf.com and outcastgarage.com sell that diffuser.
The following users liked this post:
James Harden (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 02:58 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
This is by far one of the best sounding exhausts I have heard on a V36 sedan... Custom true dual/resonator delete, and Magnaflow mufflers.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

So... No resonators, assuming OEM cats (because not said otherwise), custom bent with no x-pipe, and a pair of Magnaflow cans... right? Pretty inexpensive setup, too.

That really does sound fantastic in that video.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
So... No resonators, assuming OEM cats (because not said otherwise), custom bent with no x-pipe, and a pair of Magnaflow cans... right? Pretty inexpensive setup, too.

That really does sound fantastic in that video.
Pretty much nailed it! He had stock cats in the video, but he said he swapped them in for some HFC and that he'll be uploading a new video soon. Depending on how it sounds with the HFC, I'll be debating this as my next setup sometime next year.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Without an x-pipe, and absent any resonators, the sound will be somewhat crude and bumpy, for lack of a better word. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's never going to level out and you might tire of it pretty quick.

You do a lot of driving, Z. Remember, whatever you do here is something you're going to gave to live with 24/7. That's the thinking that made me build my exhaust with 18" resonators and resonated cats, but 2.5" pipes. Loud and low and very modulated. At least, that's what's in my head, right or wrong.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:25 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Without an x-pipe, and absent any resonators, the sound will be somewhat crude and bumpy, for lack of a better word. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's never going to level out and you might tire of it pretty quick.

You do a lot of driving, Z. Remember, whatever you do here is something you're going to gave to live with 24/7.
I forgot to mention, no matter what I'll be adding a Magnaflow resonated X-pipe. I can't do drone, especially with an automatic.

I also contacted Sebring Tuning, they quoted me me $179 shipped per muffler. (Same ones used on the FI cat-back.)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:38 AM
James Harden
Registered Member

Ive got a question that I believe has already been answered to me a while back when I first posted about what exhaust set up I should get. I was just looking for a nice little upgrade from the stock exhaust note. Went with Tanabe Medalions, but now im still looking to get a little more. Somebody mentioned pairing with the 12" vibrant resonators.

My question is just for clarification, because I am not familiar with these. From what I read on their website, plus what the salesman at the tuner shop I purchased the Tanabes from, these are only going to make things quieter. Is this incorrect, and pairing them with my current set up will add to the sound or make it better? They are super affordable and would definitely be something I would be interested in purchasing.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Rennies5

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
The vibrant resonators will make the tanabe mufflers deeper and add alittle volume. Nice upgrade in my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
James Harden (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

You do a lot of driving, Z. Remember, whatever you do here is something you're going to gave to live with 24/7. That's the thinking that made me build my exhaust with 18" resonators and resonated cats, but 2.5" pipes. Loud and low and very modulated. At least, that's what's in my head, right or wrong.
Do you have any videos or sound clips of your exhaust, Rochester? I was going to post a response almost identical to what you just said. Although I have smaller piping, stock cats, smaller resonators, and different mufflers - I think our idea of what "sounds good" is the same.

And after all of my experimenting, I probably would have spent less just getting a custom FI exhaust hahaha!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by James Harden
Ive got a question that I believe has already been answered to me a while back when I first posted about what exhaust set up I should get. I was just looking for a nice little upgrade from the stock exhaust note. Went with Tanabe Medalions, but now im still looking to get a little more. Somebody mentioned pairing with the 12" vibrant resonators.

My question is just for clarification, because I am not familiar with these. From what I read on their website, plus what the salesman at the tuner shop I purchased the Tanabes from, these are only going to make things quieter. Is this incorrect, and pairing them with my current set up will add to the sound or make it better? They are super affordable and would definitely be something I would be interested in purchasing.
If you take out the factory resonators and replace them with the Vibrant resonators, the exhaust will be louder and deeper. That's the setup I have. Although I have 2.25" piping from the cats back, not sure if yours is still stock? Either way, you'll get a drastic improvement swapping the OEM's for the Vibrants.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:03 PM
James Harden
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Furlow
If you take out the factory resonators and replace them with the Vibrant resonators, the exhaust will be louder and deeper. That's the setup I have. Although I have 2.25" piping from the cats back, not sure if yours is still stock? Either way, you'll get a drastic improvement swapping the OEM's for the Vibrants.
Nice! Yea im stock except for the Tanabes. I will probably get this done in the next week or so then. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread