G37 Sedan

Exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:19 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Wow, I'll definitely take that as a compliment! Haha, thanks. And test pipes would definitely be louder but they might introduce more rasp. I'd run HFC just to avoid the raw fuel smell, gains between the two are neglible. If you insist on running test pipes, I highly recommend ART pipes if you have a RWD G37. That will sound great.

Also peeped the username, rah
Definitely not trying to have ANY rasp. I want to throat punch civic drivers when I hear it. Just figured if the sound increase was negligible and pipes were cheaper than HFC it may work better. But I don't plan on staying in this crappy town I live in forever either so good point. I'm likely going to copy your setup Exactly. Thanks!

You must be USMC?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:22 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by IracknBack
Definitely not trying to have ANY rasp. I want to throat punch civic drivers when I hear it. Just figured if the sound increase was negligible and pipes were cheaper than HFC it may work better. But I don't plan on staying in this crappy town I live in forever either so good point. I'm likely going to copy your setup Exactly. Thanks!

You must be USMC?
You'll enjoy the setup, I'm still trying to borrow someone's GoPro so I can grab a video of it under loud. My gas mileage has been terrible this past week since incsng stop going WOT.

And yep, going onto my 3rd year lol
Old 03-24-2016, 08:28 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
You'll enjoy the setup, I'm still trying to borrow someone's GoPro so I can grab a video of it under loud. My gas mileage has been terrible this past week since incsng stop going WOT.

And yep, going onto my 3rd year lol
Thought so. We army boys say it the right way! Lol. Got out in '08. Thanks for your service. . . And sorry to OP for clogging your thread.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:58 AM
FriendlyArab816

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update

thanks for the comments and recommendations guys, so far i have went with the k&n 69 series short ram intake and ark grip catback exhaust. tinted my car windows and now dont know whether to add wheels and sport front and rear lip or go for a performance chip and a tune. i will post pics and videos soon showing the build so far and i am quite happy. plz feel free to suggest any sport kits or lips that would help boost the look of the car. and also on a side note 1st and 2nd gear have nice torque but shifting into 3rd doesnt seem as aggressive and it dies out a little. would a performance chip allow you to add the necessary power to help or how would i go about in adjusting my gear ratios or final drive to help with this problem. its not a technical issue its just how the cars gearing is.