G37 Sedan
View Poll Results: How do you feel about modding your car?
I would never mod my car. You're all idiots.
5.88%
I regret modding the car, and wish it were stock again.
2.94%
I modded the car, but now I'm done. No regrets.
19.61%
I'm going to mod this car for as long as I own it.
71.57%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Who regrets modding their car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:23 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
^^Is that a multipurpose mod?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
^^Is that a multipurpose mod?
more of a life-hack! I hope that image wasn't inappropriate.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
My in appropriate threshold is quite high
Old 03-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
BTW, are those Vossen's back there?
LOL. Pretty sure you're going to have to link to that image, and not embed it.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
LOL. Pretty sure you're going to have to link to that image, and not embed it.
Agreed! I've replaced it.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:02 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I've had a few gutter ***** along with my strikes, so it's kind of a natural progression.
No regrets at this point and have respect for just about anyone that tries to do things that sets their car apart.
Wheels are something that I've learned a lot about since my time starting on G35driver, I have a couple dream sets that I would like to aquire at some point, will it happen, not real likely but something to shoot for.

One thing that I ask for others to consider is don't be too harsh on newer members putting on fugly wheels or trying their hand at plastidip. I know it's not something most of us approve of but it is someone trying to do more than just drive their car, and that is a lot of what makes these forums such a useful place.
The following 5 users liked this post by blnewt:
dwb993 (03-15-2016), ETrev (03-15-2016), guy from norcal (03-17-2016), TannerG (03-14-2016), VIVID (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:50 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
As much as I like my front grille, should have it professionally installed...I did it and it doesn't quite line up right (which sucks because it's front & center)

Vinyl wrap on window trim, again really like the look, but I started on the driver side front door... should have started on the passenger rear, to better manage the learning curve.

Regret neither though, just wish I was better at stuff.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:58 PM
JeffG37x

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
No regrets. Every mod seems to renew my interest in the car and prevent me from prematurely selling it for a different car. Here's a bold statement: Modding my car probably saves me money in the long run.
I like the way you think. I am going to use this one on my wife haha. Btw I have friends in Frankfort so you may see me cruisin your hood
Old 03-14-2016, 09:27 PM
tscani
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
No regret what so ever im driving hard every single day now thinking about new mod...all though can't think of new stuff...maybe 2 piece rotors...
Old 03-14-2016, 09:37 PM
NSH PREDS

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
No regrets here. Other than the sway bars I've only done cosmetic's. Front lip (two hours ago), rear spoiler, midnight grille, window tint, radio/ac *****, LED lights inside the cabin and on the license plate.

Like anything, the fun is in the chase. Once the mods are done I get used to them and then think what can I do next to scratch the itch.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'll be honest, even though my 6MT is the most luxurious car I've ever owned, I never looked at my G and considered it a Luxury Car. Not once.

In any event, my vote is #4... I started in on the car as soon as I bought it (four years ago), and have plans to continue for the next five or six years before moving on. Since I only drive about 5,000 miles per year, I think this is actually a reasonable plan.

Plus, I'm old. So I'm pretty patient about stuff like this. Unless I'm waiting 14 weeks for an exhaust to show up, LOL.
This is the most luxurious car i've ever owned as well. The newest most luxurious car i owned prior to this was a 2003 Altima where you were surrounded by hard plastics. So i've looked at this car as luxurious from day 1 of ownership but i can see where you're coming from.

I also voted #4. I haven't really had my G long enough to have any regrets modding it. Plus i haven't really done much to it yet either.

I plan on keeping this car as a DD for quite awhile so my mod list isn't as long as a lot of others. I have zero plans on doing any mods to the interior which helps keep the list shorter. I really like it just the way it is.

The few other mods i plan on doing i know i won't have any regrets doing. It's getting the wheels (mainly offset and color) right that i might have the possibility of regretting. But i'll be sure and take my time and research it till my finger tips bleed before pulling the trigger....
Old 03-14-2016, 11:29 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Seeing this is my first car, it was nice to modify something that wasn't in Forza on my Xbox... I've learned so much since I bought my G back in September. I should get several years out of this thing, and then I'll probably move on to an ISF which should keep me happy with that V8.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:37 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
I'm not sure which to answer, but I chose "I modded the car, but now I'm done. No regrets."
My situation is different from others since I no longer have my G37xS.

All I can say is that I've had no "regrets" modding it up to the point of returning it back to Infiniti. The only negative about modding is the loss and hassle of returning it back to stock.
The past 3+ yrs of driving the G37xS was a joy and modifications definitely was a part of it.
I'm a researcher. I made sure whatever I did, I found out as much information as possible regarding the mod before I went ahead with it.
Being a member of myG37.com has been a great part of it and I'm greatful for being one of the family.

If it isn't known, my current ride is a leased 2015 Q50S.
My plans are minimal and keeping it as stock as possible...learning from my past experience regarding mods.
The only additions that have made is having my windows tinted with Suntek Carbon 35% Tint and swapping out the interior lighting with Diode Dynamics LED interior Kit.
I'm having the rear valence vinyl wrapped in gloss black on Wednesday and I just purchased the Infiniti Sport Muffler Kit from a member on InfinitiQ50.org.
The next step is to add the Infiniti rear lip spoiler and possibly a roof spoiler...still undecided.

I guess I would never be happy with a "stock" car...well one that I could afford that is.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 12:38 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
I've been hit with the mod bug since buying the car but hit me really hard recently and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon lol But the best part is doing most of the modifications myself with a few friends gives me a sense of pride as its owner, even more then when it was just stock.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:08 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
I don't think that I could ever keep a car 'stock'....only if it's a beater LOL.

Quick Reply: Who regrets modding their car?