G37 Sedan

Trunk organization options

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Trunk organization options

I work outside sales and generally have a trunk full of demo equipment. Currently things are in boxes and crates but I'm looking for a better solution to keep thing from shifting when i'm driving. Some items are heavy as well as oddly shaped. Boxes tip and spill. I'm not looking for a permanent install as i'd still like to be able to put luggage in there as well, but something that will at least section things off well and keep them from bouncing around the trunk.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:55 PM
EG Ryan
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I use one of these things, mainly just when hauling groceries:

Amazon.com - FloridaBrands Cargo Trunk Organizer, Collapsible and Foldable - Black - Storage And Organization Products Amazon.com - FloridaBrands Cargo Trunk Organizer, Collapsible and Foldable - Black - Storage And Organization Products

It may not be big enough for your needs, but worth a look.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Might be helpful to let you know what I'm hauling. I sell law enforcement equipment. If you looked in my trunk you'd see body armor, rifle plates, breaching tools, various duty gear, occasionally firearms (deliveries, I don't keep those in the trunk, obviously). So, one bulky odd shaped items, some heavy items. I'm not sure sonething like that would hold up
Old 03-05-2016, 12:51 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts
I have something like this and it works well...much cheaper than the Infiniti brand one.

New Collapsible Cargo Compartment Carrier Car Trunk SUV Organizer | eBay
The following users liked this post:
guy from norcal (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Victory
Might be helpful to let you know what I'm hauling. I sell law enforcement equipment. If you looked in my trunk you'd see body armor, rifle plates, breaching tools, various duty gear, occasionally firearms (deliveries, I don't keep those in the trunk, obviously). So, one bulky odd shaped items, some heavy items. I'm not sure sonething like that would hold up
If you have one in your area, go take a look at an offroad supply shop, a lot of guys with their overland rigs will have some pretty crazy organization stuff in the back of their vehicles.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:05 AM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Costco has some collapsible plastic totes that look pretty useful. They are hard plastic so they should hold up to heavier items. Almost picked some up yesterday but our cart was full and she-who-controls-the-purse was already giving me the evil eye over some of the crap I had in the cart.

Edit:

Found them on the website:

http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.co...100260385.html

Amazon has them too. Again...I don't own these, but I think I want one.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by brizey
Costco has some collapsible plastic totes that look pretty useful. They are hard plastic so they should hold up to heavier items. Almost picked some up yesterday but our cart was full and she-who-controls-the-purse was already giving me the evil eye over some of the crap I had in the cart.

Edit:

Found them on the website:

Instacrate Collapsible Storage Bin, 12 Gallon

Amazon has them too. Again...I don't own these, but I think I want one.
I have a lighter duty one of these that I keep all my winter supplies in, definitely works well for what I need.