G37 Sedan

Stolen G

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Tommyzors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stolen G

Just needed to vent here, been a stressful ordeal.

My 2013 G was stolen between Sunday night and Monday afternoon in NYC. Went to pick up my car a block from my house to find it missing with glass on the floor. Had a police reported filed and all that jazz. Car turns up 2 miles from where I live less than 24hrs later. Now I am waiting for my insurance adjuster to check it out.

And yes that is a parking ticket that they decided to slap on around the same time I was filing the police report.
The following users liked this post:
Miguel Flores (10-09-2019)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:26 AM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommyzors
Just needed to vent here, been a stressful ordeal.

My 2013 G was stolen between Sunday night and Monday afternoon in NYC. Went to pick up my car a block from my house to find it missing with glass on the floor. Had a police reported filed and all that jazz. Car turns up 2 miles from where I live less than 24hrs later. Now I am waiting for my insurance adjuster to check it out.

And yes that is a parking ticket that they decided to slap on around the same time I was filing the police report.
Holy crap bro. These people were savage!!! Definitely keep us updated. Im wondering how they started the car guess the hotwired.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Tommyzors

Originally Posted by TannerG
Holy crap bro. These people were savage!!! Definitely keep us updated. Im wondering how they started the car guess the hotwired.
The steering column and ignition switch was in good shape so I don't think it was hot wired. My guess is they reprogrammed the car with their transponder.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommyzors
The steering column and ignition switch was in good shape so I don't think it was hot wired. My guess is they reprogrammed the car with their transponder.
Sorry to hear that hope it gets fixed soon, it's the crazy the technology they have to do those things I don't think they hot wired it either
Old 02-24-2016, 10:42 AM
jomama22
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
As simple as it may sound. Check
Craigslist and other sale sites for your parts in all areas around NYC. Not that your gonna go guns blazing or anything if you do see them for sale, but you can tip it off to the cops. The back crome lip is almost guaranteed to be put up for sale somewhere, the other chopped parts are probably being put on a totaled g37 somewhere in NYC and sold as a barley used car.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:04 AM
greco65
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry bro, I can not think that happens to my baby. At least you find it and now think the bright side, brand new front end which you can put the sport bumper with the sport lip.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:34 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
The same thing happened to my friend a few years back, in his building valet parking too. But he got lucky since all they took were cigarettes and unopened boxes of CK boxers.

Sorry to hear about that...at least they didn't take your wheels?
Old 02-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Tommyzors

No parts have shown up on craiglist yet but I have been checking.

I have the coverage under insurance so I'm pretty sure I won't be getting the sport bumper. Speaking to my insurance agent, they might call this a total loss, even if most of the major internals are still there. We shall see when the adjuster gets there.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:45 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Bight side is not you get the hood, grill, bumper, fogs, etc that you WANT instead of what you had. Upgrraayyd!
Old 02-24-2016, 12:54 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 275 Posts
Very sorry to see this. I hope you are doing OK. Keep in mind, it is only a car and can be easily replaced. Be grateful they didn't try to take the car with you in it.

BUT, Wow, they stripped off a lot of parts! The entire front end, other trim items and airbags.
I suspect the insurance company will write the car off.

You really don't want your car back after this, who knows what was slashed and cut for quick removal.
It could be a long term headache of weird issues that are expensive to fix.

It may be time to go car shopping. What would you replace it with?

Last edited by SonicVQ; 02-24-2016 at 01:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Miguel Flores (10-09-2019)
Old 02-24-2016, 01:20 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Holy crap, they totalled gutted that thing. How did they even take it though? I thought the smart key thing was pretty secure... I had read somewhere that if somebody tries to "hack" the car it'll shut down totally and only the dealer can re-enable it.

That's pretty scary if now somebody has a device which can just go around and open and steal cars.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Tommyzors

From the time I last saw it to when it was towed was less than 48 hours, under 24 hours from police report. There was a parking ticket made at 9:09PM on Monday. Now if the cop who wrote the ticket saw it was gutted and still wrote the ticket, that's messed up. If the car was intact then that meant they did it overnight Monday into Tuesday.

I'm not sure if what car to get, as I took out a loan with Infiniti for this G 7 months ago. Haven't really shopped for replacements yet, I just want to get this whole ordeal over with.

If anyone here knows, what can you do with registration papers apparently they stole that too?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
My guess is they stole the papers to make it harder for the car to be identified? i dunno. Did they steal your plates also?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
My guess is they stole the papers to make it harder for the car to be identified? i dunno. Did they steal your plates also?
Looks like the front plate was taken with the bumper. Back plate is still on.
But this is irrelevant, you can always look up the VIN number.

If you somehow find out that the ticket was issued after the incident, I would try to fight it saying that the cop failed to report the theft and didn't make an effort to contact the owner of the vehicle. Were you illegally parked when you last drove it?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Tommyzors

Originally Posted by iCrap
The took the front plate with the bumper, back plate still on.

Quick Reply: Stolen G