G37 Sedan

Worst luck ever

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by micafd3s
hate to say it.. she might change her mind once she sees that bill...
Originally Posted by Epiphany
I'd bet the same, she probably expects it to be under $1000. You're probably going to be looking over $2000 for this.
omg over $5000 so far, I almost had a heart attack. I wonder if we would of gone through the insurance if they would of wrote it off.

Originally Posted by the93owner
Your wheels lol
Yes I am lol
its cold and lots of snow here, trying to save the summer rims from this Canadian weather lol
Old 02-23-2016, 10:29 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007
Yes I am lol
its cold and lots of snow here, trying to save the summer rims from this Canadian weather lol
Haha I don't think I've ever seen a G on steelies. Got any full body pics?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
I've seen plenty of them up here, can't help with pics though.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:54 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Wait till I get the car back, your eyes will be amazed lmao
Old 02-26-2016, 06:30 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Someone pls shoot me lmao

First the girl said she was going to pay for the damage now she changed her mind saying she want to go with the insurance, she texted me the insurance paper and to my big surprise the paper show that it was expired..

I called the garage and said they were waiting for a front bumper it was on back order and they should be here on monday. I notify them of the change and he said its too late because they have to send a claim adjuster there to check and he was getting mad too. I wonder if they are scared because they were lying about the headlights....

The cost of everything came to $5085.00

I called the insurance, they told me the garage cant be telling me that its too late because they are not the claim adjuster.

god dammmmm
Old 02-26-2016, 06:34 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Someone pls shoot me lmao

First the girl said she was going to pay for the damage now she changed her mind saying she want to go with the insurance, she texted me the insurance paper and to my big surprise the paper show that it was expired..

I called the garage and said they were waiting for a front bumper it was on back order and they should be here on monday. I notify them of the change and he said its too late because they have to send a claim adjuster there to check and he was getting mad too. I wonder if they are scared because they were lying about the headlights....

The cost of everything came to $5085.00

I called the insurance, they told me the garage cant be telling me that its too late because they are not the claim adjuster.

god dammmmm
You can go ahead and try to see if she can give you restitution for not having insurance with proof of what she did, you should of made a police report I'm getting restitution right now monthly from a drunk that totaled my car without insurance
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 07:13 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Sorry to hear that hope you're ok, but mine happen in the parking lot at the school when I was in class with the kids. Apparently my wife told me that 2 of her friends got into an accident while they were in their car in the parking lot at the mall and they had to pay for their whole thing, there is no fault in parking lot accident.

Because I was not in the car then it change everything.
My insurance did tell me that they had spoken to her insurance so basically she send me an expired copy but the real one is in her wallet I suppose.

Last edited by flipmode007; 02-28-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-28-2016, 10:36 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

This whole experience is getting from bad to worst.

The garage does not want to go through insurance because they apparently started to work on the car even though nothing has been done to the car, the front bumper is on back order.

The insurance won’t pay for my previous car rental (had to return it last week on Wednesday cuz Avis was calling me to return it. Since then I had no rental took the bus for 2 day to work. Because the car was drivable even if the car is in the garage, they will only pay for the rental when the car is actually been repaired even if it take 2 weeks to get the front bumper. The insurance said that the girl would have to pay for all my rental cost and I'm getting tired to take the bus even though my workplace is only a 10 min drive by car but it take me 40 min by bus.

What I learned in all that, never believe someone who said they will pay for the accident, look in what kind of mess I'm in now.
This is what happen you're too nice to ppl. FML once again.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:42 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Update on my incident.

I have been out of a car since Wednesday, the rental company told me that the insurance send them a fax stating that I was able to get a car today that's why they were calling me since this morning. So I went ahead and got a rental.

During this evening I was talking to the claim department and they told me that I was not approved for a rental, WTF, are they expecting me to take the bus to work for the next couple of days. Guess I have to return the car tomorrow after my physio.

The claim adjuster told me that they will not pay for a new bumper, they will use aftermarket bumper on my car which mean they will find a crash 2009 g37 that has a good bumper and install in on my car, WTF to them. The only way for them to put OEM parts I would have to pay a premium on my monthly cost.

My question is: if the claim department approve the repair would it be possible for me to pay some of the cost of the upgrade for the OEM parts?

Sorry for venting my frustration
Old 02-29-2016, 10:32 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry about all your trouble. I was hit while parked and currently my damages are about $5200. I will be getting an alignment from a suspension shop that charges about $200.

The other insurance was/is slow to act so I am just going through my own (State Farm). My deductible is only $100 and I will be asking for loss of use (don't need rental) as well as diminished value.
flipmode007 (03-02-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Update on my incident.

I have been out of a car since Wednesday, the rental company told me that the insurance send them a fax stating that I was able to get a car today that's why they were calling me since this morning. So I went ahead and got a rental.

During this evening I was talking to the claim department and they told me that I was not approved for a rental, WTF, are they expecting me to take the bus to work for the next couple of days. Guess I have to return the car tomorrow after my physio.

The claim adjuster told me that they will not pay for a new bumper, they will use aftermarket bumper on my car which mean they will find a crash 2009 g37 that has a good bumper and install in on my car, WTF to them. The only way for them to put OEM parts I would have to pay a premium on my monthly cost.

My question is: if the claim department approve the repair would it be possible for me to pay some of the cost of the upgrade for the OEM parts?

Sorry for venting my frustration
Most insurance companies won't pay for new OEM parts unless you're paying a premium for it, OEM is crazy expensive. They'll use a refurbished OEM bumper or a new aftermarket bumper. As for upgrading to pay the cost to upgrade to OEM, that will likely end up between you and the body shop.
flipmode007 (03-02-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 08:02 AM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Research the laws in your state. Read the fine print before your next interaction. In the Great, Big State of Texas, you can make justification for OEM and the insurance company must comply. This is where it pays to be assertive. They will not fold easily. Be matter-of-fact and adamant about your demands. I have to deal with a couple insurance adjusters in my life. I'm failry confident neither one would say they like me. However, both repairs were approved for OEM replacement of all parts I requested, and all work was accomplished to near perfection before the claim was closed. It took multiple attempts. So, be patient.

Granted my experience was with my own insurance company and I have full coverage out the wazoo. YMMV. Good luck!
flipmode007 (03-02-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 12:26 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

decided to pay the difference to the collision center
Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

decided to pay the difference to the collision center
How much extra do they want for OEM?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:51 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
How much extra do they want for OEM?
I will be getting new headlights and they will put new brackets total is $3080,
insurance will cover new OEM bumper and dents paint which is close to $2000.

Quick Reply: Worst luck ever