G37 Sedan

Is this an Appearance Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 06:22 PM
jKreu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this an Appearance Edition?

Hey everyone 1st post!

I'm looking at a 2011 G37x NAV 7AT 2 owners (57k miles listed for $18.5 GOT THE DOWN TO $17000 SALE PRICE tomorrow that isn't a sport model where the dealer is claiming it is the Appearance Edition.

I have not came across any that are not G37 SPORT Appearance Editions tho...How do I know if it is actually the Appearance Edition?

Thx!

Is this an Appearance Edition?-6wvddxy.jpg

Is this an Appearance Edition?-nukym3j.jpg

Is this an Appearance Edition?-z9dmuym.jpg

Last edited by jKreu; 01-22-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:30 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
I think that only applied to the xS because it lacked the VLSD , BBK, steering pinon etc. It just had the bumper, wheels, and seats. That looks like a standard Journey, could have nav w/ bose though.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:33 PM
jKreu

Ok I should have mentioned that it is the NAV with 10 Bose system
Old 01-21-2016, 07:07 PM
jKreu

Could it be the Limited Edition instead and that's what they meant? It's at a mini Cooper dealer so they aren't that informed on them.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Maximus12105
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jKreu
Could it be the Limited Edition instead and that's what they meant? It's at a mini Cooper dealer so they aren't that informed on them.
That is definitely not a limited edition. '11 LE's are Malbec Black with Monaco Red interior.

Hey everyone 1st post!

I'm looking at a 2011 G37x NAV 7AT (57k miles listed for $18.5k) tomorrow that isn't a sport model where the dealer is claiming it is the Appearance Edition.

I have not came across any that are not G37 SPORT Appearance Editions tho...How do I know if it is actually the Appearance Edition?

Thx!

You'll learn that most websites rarely list the "Sport Appearance Package", "Limited Edition" and "Anniversary Edition" correctly. That right there is a generic G37x by the looks of it. The Sport Appearance Package had a front chin spoiler and a rear deck lid spoiler. I'm not sure if they were all Sport models but I know everyone I saw was an xS. Hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:28 PM
jKreu

Originally Posted by Maximus12105
That is definitely not a limited edition. '11 LE's are Malbec Black with Monaco Red interior.

You'll learn that most websites rarely list the "Sport Appearance Package", "Limited Edition" and "Anniversary Edition" correctly. That right there is a generic G37x by the looks of it. The Sport Appearance Package had a front chin spoiler and a rear deck lid spoiler. I'm not sure if they were all Sport models but I know everyone I saw was an xS. Hope that helps.
Great man thanks for the info. Any fuel I can use to lower the price is awesome. It does have wood grain on the dash which i have not seen at all yet.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:29 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
That's not wood grain. It's called high gloss maple. It was a extra option. The brushed aluminum is the standard trim
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Carboy37
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
As far as I know for the G37x, there were two appearance packages available:

The Performance Tire and Wheel Package:

and the Sport Package (not to confused with the RWD model package, which also included mechanical upgrades). It comes with different front and rear bumpers and a "G37xS" designation

There were also Limited Edition and/or Anniversary models offered depending on the year. For 2011, the Limited Edition was offered in Malbec Black and Red/Black interior.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Its just a base model AWD Sedan with Nav. These are a dime a dozen.

The G is a fine car, but this dealer is lying to you. Shame they couldn't just be honest and honorable. And if you decide to make an offer anyway, you have to ask yourself, what else are they lying about?

Last edited by Rochester; 01-22-2016 at 07:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
ANMVQ (01-22-2016), claudiohv (01-26-2016)
Old 01-22-2016, 12:58 PM
jKreu

Thanks for the replies guys. Went in there today and drove it! First time driving a g37! Nice!!!!!

Told them that it wasn't an "Appearance Edition" and got a call back after walking out that they would meet me at $17,000 which I think I could walk away with feeling like I got a great deal.

Do I pull trigger or wait? I have some time. It will be a non winter vehicle.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

It will be a non winter vehicle.
If you're not going to drive the car in the snow, then what's the point of getting AWD?

Find yourself a RWD-Sport. Out of the box, it's a better driver's car.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:59 PM
jKreu

Originally Posted by Rochester
If you're not going to drive the car in the snow, then what's the point of getting AWD?

Find yourself a RWD-Sport. Out of the box, it's a better driver's car.
Potential resell value in my area. Also I am under the impression that and is faster from a stop and some claim to like the handling better. I don't know necessarily if i would want to pay more for a sport model.

This is just my approach to the G37.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Potential resell value in my area. Also I am under the impression that and is faster from a stop and some claim to like the handling better. I don't know necessarily if i would want to pay more for a sport model.

This is just my approach to the G37.
You're right that the RWD-Sport has a FMV which is higher than the base AWD by about $1500. Unrelated to that, it's the same amount the dealer of this car just reduced down to. $17k is FMV for an excellent condition 2011 G37x Sedan... give or take. All I did was poke into KBB.

And if you're researching the car, you should know the AWD Sedan is only faster off the line on snow or mud, otherwise it's the exact same car in a drag. The only thing that will make a difference is the tires. The RWD Sport has a limited slip rear diff, and wider summer-only tires... so really, it's the RWD-sport that should be faster, but just barely.

Also, the AWD certainly is a softer ride, which unfortunately compromises its handling. But I get that most people value having a "smooth ride". That's been a marketing win for decades.

Anyway, good luck. There's lots of info available here on this forum to help you to research the car.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-22-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:31 PM
jKreu

Originally Posted by Rochester
Actually, the 2011 RWD-Sport has a FMV which is higher than the base AWD by about $1500... which is still peanuts either way, and in a few years it will be even less.

And the AWD Sedan is only faster off the line on snow or mud, otherwise it's the exact same car in a drag. The only thing that will make a difference is the tires.

However, the AWD certainly is softer, and I get that most people value having a "smooth ride". That's been a marketing win for decades.

Anyway, good luck. There's lots of info available here on this forum to help you to research the car. Hope this helped influence your impressions.
Oh yes well I would think that rwd sport is an enthusiast's car. I'm not here to debate stats I don't know much about but I just want to wait until I find one where I can walk away after purchasing thinking to myself "I got a good deal".

I'm debating if this car is that car.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Roger that. Understood.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
indowanksta88 (01-25-2016), jKreu (01-22-2016)

Quick Reply: Is this an Appearance Edition?