G37 Sedan

2012 G37x Sedan Possible Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Zking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 G37x Sedan Possible Upgrades

Trying to find out what if any upgrades are available (aftermarket) for the G37X. I have searched a few websites for parts, but none have been specific. Since it is still under warranty I am looking for interior mods, specifically, the automatic shift ****. Any sites or ideas? Thanks
Old 01-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Search B2 Auto Designs on here they have one available for the automatic and what other mods are you tying to look for the x? Lowering springs by any chance? They shouldn't affect warranty unless suspension related
Old 01-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Zking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at the Momo Auto-Shifter, but not sure if it would fit. Also would like to upgrade the aesthetics first. Wheels, and the full Borla exhaust but again I am not sure what fits and what doesn't. Am I limited to exhaust systems that specifically say they fit the AWD setup?
Old 01-10-2016, 04:27 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Zking
I was looking at the Momo Auto-Shifter, but not sure if it would fit. Also would like to upgrade the aesthetics first. Wheels, and the full Borla exhaust but again I am not sure what fits and what doesn't. Am I limited to exhaust systems that specifically say they fit the AWD setup?
Yes you are, I know fast intentions has a exhaust for the X and a couple of others but you are limited and have to make sure it's compatible with the X. Wheels in my opinion are nice after a drop depending on the size, these cars look great on 20's lowered, if not lowered 18s are fine but it's always nice to get rid of some wheel gap especially on the X since its higher than the RWD
Old 01-10-2016, 09:20 AM
RavensMinded00
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
Power adders and body aesthetics you're picking from the same pot as everyone else.

Wheels you should keep squared as you will get into trouble having a staggered setup with AWD.

You are stuck with the stock gearing as the AWD can't be changed to the very popular 4.08 ratio.

You are limited to certain suspension setups only made specifically for the all wheel drive system
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Member Rochester has a good plan for his mods, he lists them out, prioritizes them, then sets up a timetable to implement said mods. This isn't something he does over several months but over 3 to 4 years.

I'd set up what's most important to you first and have an overall budget in mind.

Just to lower your G you want to set up a minimum of $1k for a spring drop w/ camber kits, and go up from there. KSport Coilovers will add about $600 over springs, and Fortune 500 coils another $500 over the KSports. Either of those options would be a nice upgrade over a simple spring drop since you can get the exact height you want and have damper adjustment.

With AWD you have more clearance issues w/ the transfer case and added weight, a drop on the mild side is a good plan w/ AWD.

Also w/ wheels it's easiest to run a square setup to avoid any AWD issues and to have full 4 tire rotations. If you want to run staggered you must have front to rear tire diameters very close to zero variance, anything over 1% may cause issues at higher speeds w/ your AWD system. There's 18 & 20" wheel combos that can get to 0.07% tire variance so it can be done.

Your AWD rear sway and OEM tires are a weak link, I would address those prioe to any other performance/handling based mods.

Also Top Speed Pro 1 makes a decent Y-back exhaust that works on the X since it install after the Y pipe, they make two versions, be SURE to get the beveled/rolled tip version, the other thin wall tips are junk.

G/L with your mod plans & Welcome to the site
Brad