G37 Sedan

Just got a 2010 G37 Journey

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 03:04 AM
Scruffmcbuff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a 2010 G37 Journey

Hey guys,

Recently bought a 2010 G37, coming from a BMW, and I'm a huge car guy already, so I basically decided to join the forum, instead of being a lurker, to join in on discussions. I have a few questions to start because I know the first two mods I want to do ASAP.
I'm looking into test pipes and intakes. So far, the Burk test pipes are probably the set that I plan on getting, secondly, I want to find a good intake that is similar to Stillen Gen 3's without the hefty price tag.

Btw, I still love BMW's, and will forever be a fan boy, but this VQ37 motor is untouchable by any non M bmw out there... e46 m's cant touch me either

Just want to get into modding it little by little while keeping it as my daily. Looking to eventually do a muffler(maybe), coilovers, wheels, and bumpers/diffusers? maybe?.... And definitely a tune after I add an intake and exhaust setup.

This car is really impressive and I this 7spd is just wild, but MOAR Power is also good.

***can someone inform me how to upload pictures to this forum from a mac? lol thx
Old 01-08-2016, 04:49 AM
Snipres

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm running the R2C, unfourantly their not a cold air intake......regardless i love them
Old 01-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Check the DMV laws in your state before dumping your cats.

Without any catalyst, and with Berk's short sensor connector, how are you planning on avoiding the CEL on those test pipes?

I've always been of the opinion that TPs or HFCs are a good match to the OEM catback. But if you were to replace your catback, you might prefer having resonated cats. TP + aftermarket CBE = Raspy

Replacing the cats can be a messy first mod. For less cost and far less hassle (and considerable win), get yourself a set of aftermarket swaybars.

Instead of uploading pics here directly, upload them to a hosted URL you might own, or a photo hosting site, then simply bound the address in an IMG tag.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Welcome to the site, good advice from Rochester there^^^
If you do live in an area where you can get by w/ test pipes I'd consider the Resonated Test pipes from Fast Intentions, their quality is top notch and you may have to wait for them to be built but it's time well spent.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:58 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Scruffmcbuff
Hey guys,

Recently bought a 2010 G37, coming from a BMW, and I'm a huge car guy already, so I basically decided to join the forum, instead of being a lurker, to join in on discussions. I have a few questions to start because I know the first two mods I want to do ASAP.
I'm looking into test pipes and intakes. So far, the Burk test pipes are probably the set that I plan on getting, secondly, I want to find a good intake that is similar to Stillen Gen 3's without the hefty price tag.

Btw, I still love BMW's, and will forever be a fan boy, but this VQ37 motor is untouchable by any non M bmw out there... e46 m's cant touch me either

Just want to get into modding it little by little while keeping it as my daily. Looking to eventually do a muffler(maybe), coilovers, wheels, and bumpers/diffusers? maybe?.... And definitely a tune after I add an intake and exhaust setup.

This car is really impressive and I this 7spd is just wild, but MOAR Power is also good.

***can someone inform me how to upload pictures to this forum from a mac? lol thx

Welcome to the club! May I ask what color did you get?

A couple of first mods I'd recommend, replace the useless OEM fogs with Morimoto XB LED direct fit fogs, OEM decklid spoiler and if you find a good deal, paddle shifters. Those were the first three things I did.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Scruffmcbuff

Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site, good advice from Rochester there^^^
If you do live in an area where you can get by w/ test pipes I'd consider the Resonated Test pipes from Fast Intentions, their quality is top notch and you may have to wait for them to be built but it's time well spent.
I've had my eye on Berk, but I also found 1320 performance and their price is about $160. I feel like for metal pipes that are not Chinese Ebay sold, should generally have a good fit. FI is just a bit too pricey for test pipes for me. But between the 1320 and Berk, what do you think?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Scruffmcbuff

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Welcome to the club! May I ask what color did you get?

A couple of first mods I'd recommend, replace the useless OEM fogs with Morimoto XB LED direct fit fogs, OEM decklid spoiler and if you find a good deal, paddle shifters. Those were the first three things I did.
I got that gunmetal gray color with black interior. I honestly wasn't even paying attention to the color combo as long as it had black interior when I was car shopping. The car was just incredibly cheap and purchased under book value, so the color was the last thing I thought of
Old 01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
I got that gunmetal gray color with black interior. I honestly wasn't even paying attention to the color combo as long as it had black interior when I was car shopping. The car was just incredibly cheap and purchased under book value, so the color was the last thing I thought of
The good thing about that is that it's a very neutral color so your options are endless.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I've had my eye on Berk, but I also found 1320 performance and their price is about $160. I feel like for metal pipes that are not Chinese Ebay sold, should generally have a good fit. FI is just a bit too pricey for test pipes for me. But between the 1320 and Berk, what do you think?
Reason I was suggesting the FI is they will be rasp free compared to the non resonated sets. If that's not a concern then the Berks would be my choice.