G37 Sedan

What is needed to make an AWD Sport into a true OEM Sport Package Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:19 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
And I think ANMVQ is right about sticking with Swifts for the AWD Sedan.
I was miserable with the Swifts on. I loved the stance, absolutely perfect. But the front struts blew almost immediately then even with the new ones the ride was not at all pleasing to me. Could just be me, could have just been my expectations but I was ready to sell the car I hated it so much. Just my opinion, obviously they're working very well for other people and I respect ANMVQ's opinion very much (and yours) so I won't argue that I just won't recommend them for an X personally unless with coils or revalved struts.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 09:39 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
So this is very interesting.

I've read endless reviews and threads for the Fortune 500 w/Swifts for the X. Admittedly, there are some who have had noise issues in the rear, but many people have liked the combo.

I am currently on Eibachs (The ones for the coupe X and I like them a lot) but I've been kicking it back and forth with TH Luke, and I am close to doing it.

As I said, I like my current set-up but I just want something more precise and firm. Also, in the name of our hobby, I think it's a great way to keep my interest burning. Forgetting the fact I vowed that in the future I wouldn't change anything until it wears out. . But I am coming up on 17K on the odometer...

Sean
Old 12-12-2015, 07:35 PM
mjnoles1
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The reason this got me thinking in the first place is this F/S thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...rthern-va.html

OEM G37S rwd sedan springs with only 3,000 miles on them at a affordable price. My concern with adding the rwd sedan sport springs and buying the rwd sedan sport shocks, is if it will negatively affect the awd system. Such as the negative affect our awd system has with not having all four wheels the exact same size.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:40 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by mjnoles1
The reason this got me thinking in the first place is this F/S thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...rthern-va.html

OEM G37S rwd springs with only 3,000 miles on them at a affordable price. My concern with adding the rwd sedan sport springs and buying the rwd sedan sport shocks, is if it will negatively affect the awd system. Such as the negative affect our awd system has with not having all four wheels the exact same size.
I got my eibachs from that guy.
And no, you shouldn't have any issue putting those springs on your awd.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
So this is very interesting.

I've read endless reviews and threads for the Fortune 500 w/Swifts for the X. Admittedly, there are some who have had noise issues in the rear, but many people have liked the combo.

I am currently on Eibachs (The ones for the coupe X and I like them a lot) but I've been kicking it back and forth with TH Luke, and I am close to doing it.

As I said, I like my current set-up but I just want something more precise and firm. Also, in the name of our hobby, I think it's a great way to keep my interest burning. Forgetting the fact I vowed that in the future I wouldn't change anything until it wears out. . But I am coming up on 17K on the odometer...

Sean
I'd look at the KSports too, they're a true rear coilover setup so that may eliminate some of the sources for the clunking noises in back. There's one guy that just put the KSports on his Sedan and is really happy w/ them but I can't recall the name
Old 12-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Arrogant

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I went with swifts on the AWD. I like everything about them, but I think I need a rear camber kit, or the alignment I got just sucked.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I got my eibachs from that guy.
And no, you shouldn't have any issue putting those springs on your awd.
I think you're forgetting about the weight difference of the RWD and AWD. Other members on the forum have used RWD springs on the AWD models and it causes them to sag in the rear.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I think you're forgetting about the weight difference of the RWD and AWD. Other members on the forum have used RWD springs on the AWD models and it causes them to sag in the rear.
I thought the rears of the RWD and the AWD were almost interchangeable due to similar weight. It was the fronts that were the heavier part on the AWD.

That's good to know.

Sean
Old 12-12-2015, 10:46 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VIVID
I thought the rears of the RWD and the AWD were almost interchangeable due to similar weight. It was the fronts that were the heavier part on the AWD.

That's good to know.

Sean

In this picture you will notice that the rear sits much lower than the front.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:10 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
On my xS I did the following, swifts, bbk, 370z rear sway, gt spec m brace and the lip and rear spoiler and 19x9 anniversary wheels from the vert.

I absolutely hate the ride with the swifts and in the past week have had the following delivered.

Fortune Auto coilovers with swift springs
SPC front and rear camber kit
Cusco strut bar

Hopefully the car handles and rides better with the coils. I'm leaving the swift lowering springs in the rear and using the fortune shock to hopefully avoid any potential noises since I'm happy with the ride height.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:18 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AUR11
On my xS I did the following, swifts, bbk, 370z rear sway, gt spec m brace and the lip and rear spoiler and 19x9 anniversary wheels from the vert.

I absolutely hate the ride with the swifts and in the past week have had the following delivered.

Fortune Auto coilovers with swift springs
SPC front and rear camber kit
Cusco strut bar

Hopefully the car handles and rides better with the coils. I'm leaving the swift lowering springs in the rear and using the fortune shock to hopefully avoid any potential noises since I'm happy with the ride height.
Were you using Swifts with OEM struts? Keep us updated!
Old 12-12-2015, 11:38 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Were you using Swifts with OEM struts? Keep us updated!
Yup, oem struts, it's been about a year and a half now and the oem struts are done in the front. The car is downright scary if you hit a bump in the road on a corner.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:41 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I am in the same boat. I have had Swifts on my X Sedan for 6 months. The front is pretty bad, my car bottoms out the oem/30k mile struts often. The ride is good and the drop is great for springs. I would like it a little lower so I also pulled the trigger on some Fortune coilovers with Swifts that shipped Friday. I already have f/r camber kits so I hope it will all be good soon. The other issue that popped up recently was the straight rear camber arms hitting the sway bar on these lowered cars....it was fine on my car with straight arms, swifts and tiny sway bar but if I go lower and bigger sways...
Old 12-12-2015, 11:43 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xsfun
I am in the same boat. I have had Swifts on my X Sedan for 6 months. The front is pretty bad, my car bottoms out the oem/30k mile struts often. The ride is good and the drop is great for springs. I would like it a little lower so I also pulled the trigger on some Fortune coilovers with Swifts that shipped Friday. I already have f/r camber kits so I hope it will all be good soon. The other issue that popped up recently wish the straight rear camber arms hitting the sway bar on these lowered cars. Any one else have the problem and next up is bigger sways...
How much do Fortune coils with swifts go for?
Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Contact Fortune for direct sales or Luke at TH Motorsports for forum vendor pricing. They retail for $1305 for all 4 wheels with standard springs.
You can also do a couple upgrades.
Swift springs 300.00
rear rebound control extenders 40.00

All fortune autos are a 2-3 week build time and are built to order for you with your choice of options, spring rates and valving.

Quick Reply: What is needed to make an AWD Sport into a true OEM Sport Package Sedan?