G37 Sedan

What is needed to make an AWD Sport into a true OEM Sport Package Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
It might be cheaper to actually sell your car and buy the one you want. You will take a hit on the sale, but in the context of knowing that you can't do a full swap to SPORT trim level...maybe it's worth it.

Think of all the add-ons and remember, you need new wheels to fit the new brakes. In the end, you won't have the tighter steering, or the LSD. So you may lose some money, but at least you'll get the car the way you want it.

Also keep in mind that nobody makes adjustable front end-links for the AWD model, so when you lower it...you'll need to keep a spare set of end links available incase you break one. The AWD has some other aftermarket quirks too since it differs from the RWD cars, and isn't supported as much as the RWD.
The following 4 users liked this post by G37Xtreme:
claudiohv (12-11-2015), Rochester (12-11-2015), socketz67 (12-11-2015), VIVID (12-11-2015)
Old 12-11-2015, 01:01 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
The only thing he can't add( being cost effective) is the sport seats, I did this to mine, All tho I bough mine "Cheap" 16.5K, then added the the front lip, Trunk spoiler,sways, springs, paddles and brakes. I could tell any one I have a XS and they wouldn't know till they see the seats, An that's even is they know there is a difference.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:45 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
An that's even if they know there is a difference.
Precisely. When I make a mod I know I'm doing it for me and the one (perhaps) other person in town who knows what I did.

Sean
Old 12-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,717 Likes on 3,523 Posts
The OP has sport seating. Its about the only worthy sport package component to the xS.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I have the X coupe but have done a number of items to turn it into a "sport plus".

Biggest handling items were Eibach springs, Hotchkis Sways
I have a Quiafe LSD and am Forced Induction too

My build thread has a good amount of info for the AWD G's if you want to check it out.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:01 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
The only thing he can't add( being cost effective) is the sport seats, I did this to mine, All tho I bough mine "Cheap" 16.5K, then added the the front lip, Trunk spoiler,sways, springs, paddles and brakes. I could tell any one I have a XS and they wouldn't know till they see the seats, An that's even is they know there is a difference.
So I am assuming you have G37x?

Which sways/springs did you get? lowered by how much?
Old 12-11-2015, 07:02 PM
SurreyG

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by botlfed98
are you serious? I always thought the g37s sways were supposed to be an upgrade for the g37xs

They are an upgrade for the AWD G37xS, just not the RWD G37.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:38 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I have a X which is now OEM+. Added paddles, sport seats, Hotchkis sways, BBK, SPL rear end links, there is a front adjustable end link but it's damn expensive. I installed swift springs and hated the ride, your only options for an X will be coilovers or having Koni rebuild and revalve the front struts. Ultimately I went with Fortune coilovers though Stance has a set they're working on. Cleaning the throttle bodies and adding a grounding kit helped a lot but not as much as the tune. I went with forged Rays for wheels, cleared the BBK and are lighter.

I added a heck of a lot more but that takes me beyond the scope of XS.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:14 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Rex - Are those front adjustable links MoonFace by any chance? Or is there another maker? I'm interested in addressing any front sway preload...provided the price doesn't burst the stratosphere. . Or am I Mr. MOOG on the front?

Sean
Old 12-12-2015, 01:44 AM
salmonslayer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
It might be cheaper to actually sell your car and buy the one you want. You will take a hit on the sale, but in the context of knowing that you can't do a full swap to SPORT trim level...maybe it's worth it.

Think of all the add-ons and remember, you need new wheels to fit the new brakes. In the end, you won't have the tighter steering, or the LSD. So you may lose some money, but at least you'll get the car the way you want it.

Also keep in mind that nobody makes adjustable front end-links for the AWD model, so when you lower it...you'll need to keep a spare set of end links available incase you break one. The AWD has some other aftermarket quirks too since it differs from the RWD cars, and isn't supported as much as the RWD.
This is truth right here. In my opinion, the tighter steering ratio and LSD are the two things that I love the most. Rains a lot where I live and that LSD is awesome, I can feel it kicking in and keeping me straight when I'm accelerating hard.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:01 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by VIVID
Rex - Are those front adjustable links MoonFace by any chance? Or is there another maker? I'm interested in addressing any front sway preload...provided the price doesn't burst the stratosphere. . Or am I Mr. MOOG on the front?

Sean
Those are the ones. Way out of my price range right now or at least out of my comfort level. If i sell these seats, CF engine cover and folding mirrors along with whatever else,I have floating around that may change. Though since I haven't posted them... Unlikely.

I may talk to the guys in Japan, they were able to get Top Secret to do a new run of caps, Tommy kiara to do a custom turtle then a new run of Hebi Bebis and are having a set of custom mirror glass made for me so maybe they can work some other magic. The question becomes whether there is truly demand though I'm sure.

Chris
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (12-12-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Way out of my price range right now or at least out of my comfort level.
Says the man with a four-figure catch can.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:04 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by G37X GraSdadow
So I am assuming you have G37x?

Which sways/springs did you get? lowered by how much?
Yea a do a 09. The swifts are the best drop IMO they are only like 1.25 and the front drops more than the rear so gives a aggressive stance. I went with Hotchis sways, 19 inch Nichie( summers) stock sport 18's winter, and love the ride I would stay away from coilivers on the X there are hit or miss with the rears knocking. I had BC racing coils for two weeks and couldn't get them out fast enough the noise was HORRID!

BTW I have pics or my ride on here

Last edited by ANMVQ; 12-12-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:05 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Says the man with a four-figure catch can.
Nah, I got that on sale! I was in on the first group buy and tend to get better pricing from the guys. You ready for one yet?? My engine cover came in but I'm sending it back to be buffed and recleared. The custom shift **** just came in the other day too...
Old 12-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
You ready for one yet?
Nope. I've got the next 3 to 4 years of mods all planned out, and the catch-can just isn't on the list. It's a beauty, no doubt. But like you said, "out of my comfort level".

And I think ANMVQ is right about sticking with Swifts for the AWD Sedan.

Quick Reply: What is needed to make an AWD Sport into a true OEM Sport Package Sedan?