G37 Sedan

Need Help On New Upgrades to car !!! please

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 08:34 PM
faizan37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need Help On New Upgrades to car !!! please

Hey can anyone help me? i purchased a Ark Performance Exhaust and Berk HFC and the end result was pretty good but alot of rasp and drone. i am just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how i can possibly get rid of the rasp? replace it with RHFC? Also while the installation was being processed the Sensor had been messed up thus concluding in Engine Light to ignite. He had to weld the Catalytic Converter's bolt off due to the fact it wasnt coming off someone told me it might be the Header Sensor that needs replacement. Any idea guys? i would really appreciate any feedback. Thank You Guys
Old 10-25-2015, 08:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by faizan37x
Hey can anyone help me? i purchased a Ark Performance Exhaust and Berk HFC and the end result was pretty good but alot of rasp and drone. i am just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how i can possibly get rid of the rasp? replace it with RHFC? Also while the installation was being processed the Sensor had been messed up thus concluding in Engine Light to ignite. He had to weld the Catalytic Converter's bolt off due to the fact it wasnt coming off someone told me it might be the Header Sensor that needs replacement. Any idea guys? i would really appreciate any feedback. Thank You Guys
The main reason people run the RHFCs over HFCs is to eliminate or at least reduce raspy exhaust notes and lower the overall volume a bit. That should make a good difference. If you have a manual transmission the Motordyne ART pipes are supposed to be rasp free, but w/ test pipes you will have that fuel odor when at a standstill and more likely you will throw your check engine light compared to a HFC.
As far as what caused your check engine light to go off this time, have the code checked at your local parts shop, they should do it for free. Once you have the code then you'll know what issue your car is having.
The following users liked this post:
faizan37x (10-25-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 08:54 PM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by blnewt
The main reason people run the RHFCs over HFCs is to eliminate or at least reduce raspy exhaust notes and lower the overall volume a bit. That should make a good difference. If you have a manual transmission the Motordyne ART pipes are supposed to be rasp free, but w/ test pipes you will have that fuel odor when at a standstill and more likely you will throw your check engine light compared to a HFC.
As far as what caused your check engine light to go off this time, have the code checked at your local parts shop, they should do it for free. Once you have the code then you'll know what issue your car is having.
I have automatic transmission but want to eliminate the rasp and drone if you were in my shoes what would you go for? RHFC from FI or ARk R spec RHFC since i have the ARK performance Exhaust.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I have automatic transmission but want to eliminate the rasp and drone if you were in my shoes what would you go for? RHFC from FI or ARk R spec RHFC since i have the ARK performance Exhaust.
Heard great reviews regarding the FI Resonated cats regarding no rasp, not familiar w/ the ARK Resonated sets though. Might make a post about those specific RHFCs in this folder
Intake and Exhaust - MyG37
BTW, if you need to, you should have no trouble reselling those HFCs on our classified pages.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:37 PM
CRiME
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I have the berk's paired with the Invidia q300 catback, and the rasp and drone are there; some people like it this way, but the overall noise level is a bit too loud for my taste (I prefer things to be quiet). My FI RHFC's are coming in on Tuesday, so I'm going to have those installed on Weds - will let you know my impressions after the switch.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:10 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
I thought I heard the Ark RHFCs won't fit the X models. You'll want to double-check that. The FI's will work.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:51 PM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by CRiME
I have the berk's paired with the Invidia q300 catback, and the rasp and drone are there; some people like it this way, but the overall noise level is a bit too loud for my taste (I prefer things to be quiet). My FI RHFC's are coming in on Tuesday, so I'm going to have those installed on Weds - will let you know my impressions after the switch.
Hey thank you for your feedback, please do let me know about the RHFC from FI how they fit make sure you put gaskets on it herd a lot of people had some issues if they weren't installed , if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and how long was the wait for making and shipping he product?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:52 PM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by the_wolff
I thought I heard the Ark RHFCs won't fit the X models. You'll want to double-check that. The FI's will work.
Yeah I heard the Same aswell but if they do fit should I go for those ones over the Fast Intention RHFC ?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks to receive cats from Fast Intentions, and 12 to 14 weeks for their catbacks.

The ARK resonated cats are only for the 6MT. Says so right on their website, with an exclamation point, no less.

The Berk cats are built with a 200 cell-count catalyst. That design, without a resonator, matched to a 2.5" ARK Grip with Helmholtz resonators at the cans... I'm not surprised at all that it's raspy and loud. I suspect in the cabin, it sounds horrible, while I also imagine that behind the car it sounds downright exotic. Unfortunately, you don't drive the car from behind the exhaust.

You should probably put the OEM cats back on the car, sell the Berks, and call it a day. But if money is no option... get the FI resonated cats, and be resigned to waiting for two months.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-26-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I currently have the Ark grip Exhaust and FI RHFC's set up as of last week. Sounds great so far and I have no issues with rasp. I to have the X.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 AM
CRiME
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Hey thank you for your feedback, please do let me know about the RHFC from FI how they fit make sure you put gaskets on it herd a lot of people had some issues if they weren't installed , if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and how long was the wait for making and shipping he product?
I will definitely keep you posted. I did not have to wait 6-8 weeks; my FI RHFC order was placed on 9/29, and they are due to be delivered on 10/27. I was impressed at the speed after expecting to wait longer. Cats were $665.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:59 AM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by Rochester
It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks to receive cats from Fast Intentions, and 12 to 14 weeks for their catbacks.

The ARK resonated cats are only for the 6MT. Says so right on their website, with an exclamation point, no less.

The Berk cats are built with a 200 cell-count catalyst. That design, without a resonator, matched to a 2.5" ARK Grip with Helmholtz resonators at the cans... I'm not surprised at all that it's raspy and loud. I suspect in the cabin, it sounds horrible, while I also imagine that behind the car it sounds downright exotic. Unfortunately, you don't drive the car from behind the exhaust.

You should probably put the OEM cats back on the car, sell the Berks, and call it a day. But if money is no option... get the FI resonated cats, and be resigned to waiting for two months.

Do you think the FI RHFC will be good for the money and cause no rasp ? It is raspy on the car a lot and I can't bare it money isn't the problem I just want to get rid of majority of the rasp
Old 10-26-2015, 10:01 AM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by Oh My G 523
I currently have the Ark grip Exhaust and FI RHFC's set up as of last week. Sounds great so far and I have no issues with rasp. I to have the X.
No rasp inside the car? Do you have the ARK performance exhaust and FI RHFC ? I have the Berk hfc but want to get FI RHFC , do you think it's worth it ? You have any videos of it ? I will post mine today sounds amazing just rasp is killing me
Old 10-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Do you think the FI RHFC will be good for the money and cause no rasp ?
Absolutely. FI is top-shelf quality. Their resonated cats are a genuine power mod with hardly any additional noise. When matched with an aftermarket exhaust, it's primarily only the catback that you're hearing... which in your case is the delightfully loud ARK Grip.

FI uses a 300 cell count catalyst, and a J-connector for the sensors. The only downside is the lack of support for the OEM brackets between the cats and the underside of the transmission, but you can customize a solution for that, if it's an issue for you.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

Here's a pic I took a few years ago, sitting on the floor of my living room:

Last edited by Rochester; 10-26-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No rasp at all inside the car, make the exhaust come with a more deeper tone. I really like the end result. I don't have a great sound clip, I currently only have the car on the dyno. The money was well worth it for the cats and end results.

Quick Reply: Need Help On New Upgrades to car !!! please