G37 Sedan

Need Help On New Upgrades to car !!! please

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
faizan37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh My G 523
No rasp at all inside the car, make the exhaust come with a more deeper tone. I really like the end result. I don't have a great sound clip, I currently only have the car on the dyno. The money was well worth it for the cats and end results.
Did you end up having to pay for the dyno? If yes how much did it cost you? I Purchases the FI RHFC btw and will let you know how it goes
Old 10-26-2015, 02:06 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by faizan37x
Did you end up having to pay for the dyno? If yes how much did it cost you? I Purchases the FI RHFC btw and will let you know how it goes
Good job. You won't be disappointed. They're fantastic...real works of art. Too bad you can't see them once they're installed. You sure can hear them, though.

Mine took five weeks including delivery. Same price as mentioned above. Had them on for three or so weeks now.

Sean
Old 10-26-2015, 02:51 PM
faizan37x

Originally Posted by VIVID
Good job. You won't be disappointed. They're fantastic...real works of art. Too bad you can't see them once they're installed. You sure can hear them, though.

Mine took five weeks including delivery. Same price as mentioned above. Had them on for three or so weeks now.

Sean
How are yours coming along ?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:20 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by faizan37x
How are yours coming along ?
Great!!! Except if you ask my neighbors at 6:00AM on a cold start.

The cats have really settled in with the cat-back and mellowed into a throaty rumble. Either that or I'm getting used to them. Of course they sing out when I get frisky on the loud-pedal.

I hesitate to say that I have more grunt in my motor. I'm a numbers kinda guy when it comes to that. And without a dyno-sheet in my hand, I make no HP claims.

Sean
Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 PM
faizan37x

Great!!! Except if you ask my neighbors at 6:00AM on a cold start.

The cats have really settled in with the cat-back and mellowed into a throaty rumble. Either that or I'm getting used to them. Of course they sing out when I get frisky on the loud-pedal.

I hesitate to say that I have more grunt in my motor. I'm a numbers kinda guy when it comes to that. And without a dyno-sheet in my hand, I make no HP claims.

Sean
Thank you Sean , what where the numbers you received on the dyno and I bought the FI RHFC hopefully they don't rasp as much man , recalling looking forward to this part , how much did the dyno run cost you?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:53 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

We haven't done the dyno yet. We wanna let everything settle in and season a bit because we're going to do a tune to make sure all the instruments are playing the same piece. We are also kicking around some plenum work.

Then we'll do three pulls for a baseline, then pulls as we dial in the tune. The place I work with gave me a rough idea what it would cost, but I don't hold them to anything. It's more important to me to have it done properly without any super strict restraints. We have a good trusting relationship.

Sean
Old 10-26-2015, 10:24 PM
faizan37x

We haven't done the dyno yet. We wanna let everything settle in and season a bit because we're going to do a tune to make sure all the instruments are playing the same piece. We are also kicking around some plenum work.

Then we'll do three pulls for a baseline, then pulls as we dial in the tune. The place I work with gave me a rough idea what it would cost, but I don't hold them to anything. It's more important to me to have it done properly without any super strict restraints. We have a good trusting relationship.

Sean
All of these measures you're taking Sean are nessacary? And tuning wise what are you doing ? I would like to know because I'm trying to do the same man
Old 10-26-2015, 10:47 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

I don't know if they're necessary, per se, but I enjoy it. The process is as important to me as the end result.

I like to be challenged by new things. It's a hobby where I feel free and can express myself through what, to me, used to be an inanimate object. With research, talking to others and working with a very good shop, I can shepherd my G from function to form.

FUNCTION======>FORM

By making it stop better, accelerate better, handle better....somewhere along the line it starts to look better. Form, in this case, has followed function. Fluid beauty from hard objects.

Sean
Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 AM
faizan37x

I don't know if they're necessary, per se, but I enjoy it. The process is as important to me as the end result.

I like to be challenged by new things. It's a hobby where I feel free and can express myself through what, to me, used to be an inanimate object. With research, talking to others and working with a very good shop, I can shepherd my G from function to form.

FUNCTION======>FORM

By making it stop better, accelerate better, handle better....somewhere along the line it starts to look better. Form, in this case, has followed function. Fluid beauty from hard objects.

Sean
Very nice plan man let me know how it goes
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes , I payed $400 bc I got a deal. Otherwise it's normally $600 for
The dyno/tune with license.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 PM
faizan37x

Yes , I payed $400 bc I got a deal. Otherwise it's normally $600 for
The dyno/tune with license.
It makes a difference or not really?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the car with the bolt
On's I have increased horsepower and torque. Makes the car a bit more fun to drive. I'm happy with it. But at this point I'm saving for a super charger kit. Just going to work on coils and little details like the grill.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:42 PM
faizan37x

Yes, the car with the bolt
On's I have increased horsepower and torque. Makes the car a bit more fun to drive. I'm happy with it. But at this point I'm saving for a super charger kit. Just going to work on coils and little details like the grill.
Why not twin turbo? I'm looking into either one of those when the budget is there
Old 10-30-2015, 01:14 PM
CRiME
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Ok, BERK HFCs were removed, and FI RHFCs were installed this week. I can happily say that this is exactly what I was looking for; this product is worth every penny and every minute I spent waiting for it. The rasp is gone and, my biggest positive, the DRONE is gone. I have the Invidia q300 exhaust - this is known to be the 'quietest' catback option for those of us who want a bit more performance without the extra racket. I took a mini road trip with the Berks, and the drone (loudest between roughly 1200 and 2000 RPM) was just about driving me insane. Hit the highway last night, and the new sound was music to my ears.

The power is definitely there, and this is the exact sound that I was looking for; drone free, and just slightly louder & deeper than the stock note. If anyone is looking for a 'humble' exhaust option, I fully endorse the FI RHFC and Invidia q300 combination.
the_wolff (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 01:29 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by CRiME
Ok, BERK HFCs were removed, and FI RHFCs were installed this week. I can happily say that this is exactly what I was looking for; this product is worth every penny and every minute I spent waiting for it. The rasp is gone and, my biggest positive, the DRONE is gone. I have the Invidia q300 exhaust - this is known to be the 'quietest' catback option for those of us who want a bit more performance without the extra racket. I took a mini road trip with the Berks, and the drone (loudest between roughly 1200 and 2000 RPM) was just about driving me insane. Hit the highway last night, and the new sound was music to my ears.

The power is definitely there, and this is the exact sound that I was looking for; drone free, and just slightly louder & deeper than the stock note. If anyone is looking for a 'humble' exhaust option, I fully endorse the FI RHFC and Invidia q300 combination.
Sweet!!!! I'm glad it worked out so well. In my experience (limited admittedly) the cats will age a bit and get more rich and throaty.

I like 'em too.

Sean
CRiME (10-30-2015)

Quick Reply: Need Help On New Upgrades to car !!! please