G37 Sedan

J2 Engineering Dual 3.5" Muffler Tip Exhaust Catback System For Infiniti G37 4DR

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
Rochester, did you notice any excess vibration or noise with the FI Res. HFC? What made you decide to get the bracket added to it? Peace of mind?
I had the cats installed March 2014, matched to the OEM catback. There was some noticeable vibration at idle, which was reduced by actually *removing* the big rubber dampers bolted to the mid-pipes.

In December 2015, I had my mechanic customize a bracket solution to reconnect the cats to the underside of the transmission. I did that because another member here had the welds snap in his FI RHRC, and I wanted to reduce the risk of that happening to me. I was very, very pleasantly surprised to discover how reintroducing that bracket to the exhaust reduced almost all the vibration entirely.

It was quite smooth for another four months... and then I had the FI catback installed. Having a full FI setup, with RHFC's and a 2.5" FI catback... that's really quite nice. Very loud, very strong, and very sexy sounding. I genuinely think that sometimes the exhaust sounds far more worthy than the car itself.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Mr.Grant

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
ok guys so I'm now debating on this exhaust or buying the topspeed cat back in combination with their y-pipe. The only dilemma I'm stuck with is where I should go to get the topspeed exhaust system if I was to go that route. i remember seeing in another thread that the top speed with the good tips are becoming rare, and anyone who still sells it has them basically on backorder.

So my question is does anyone know where I can get the topspeed exhaust system with the beveled tips that wont take lets say more than two weeks for it to get to me. Because if not I may become the test mule for the J2 exhaust because it looks pretty good an is readily available without having to wait 4-6 weeks for it. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2015, 03:38 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Grant
ok guys so I'm now debating on this exhaust or buying the topspeed cat back in combination with their y-pipe. The only dilemma I'm stuck with is where I should go to get the topspeed exhaust system if I was to go that route. i remember seeing in another thread that the top speed with the good tips are becoming rare, and anyone who still sells it has them basically on backorder.

So my question is does anyone know where I can get the topspeed exhaust system with the beveled tips that wont take lets say more than two weeks for it to get to me. Because if not I may become the test mule for the J2 exhaust because it looks pretty good an is readily available without having to wait 4-6 weeks for it. Thanks!
I purchased my TopSpeed exhaust with beveled tips from VirtueMotorsports. Placed my order on December 4th and it is expected to ship sometime within the next week. I paid $496 shipped after using my military discount. They have very helpful and responsive customer service.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I purchased my TopSpeed exhaust with beveled tips from VirtueMotorsports. Placed my order on December 4th and it is expected to ship sometime within the next week. I paid $496 shipped after using my military discount. They have very helpful and responsive customer service.
Thanks so much! we'll be placing a order soon
Old 12-17-2015, 08:12 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Thanks so much! we'll be placing a order soon
No problem haha, I can't wait for mine to get here.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
No problem haha, I can't wait for mine to get here.
Please dont tell me you bought the last one because i went to the site and I cant find it, also tried a link i was looking for i saved in my favorites and it take me to the site but as if its a dead link or the item is not listed. If this is true I guess I can get it from Concept z performance but i dont know what their wait times are or if the top speed one they have is the one that i want. I'm going to have to do some searching I guess maybe this is a sign I should be the test mule for the J2 exhaust lmao. thanks again
Old 12-19-2015, 07:18 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Please dont tell me you bought the last one because i went to the site and I cant find it, also tried a link i was looking for i saved in my favorites and it take me to the site but as if its a dead link or the item is not listed. If this is true I guess I can get it from Concept z performance but i dont know what their wait times are or if the top speed one they have is the one that i want. I'm going to have to do some searching I guess maybe this is a sign I should be the test mule for the J2 exhaust lmao. thanks again
I placed my order two weeks ago. But I just checked the site and you're right, I can't find it either. Have you tried emailing them?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:14 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks like it's back:

Top Speed Pro 1 Exhaust System - Virtue Motorsports - Power. Passion. Purpose.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:27 PM
cannondalemtb

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I was the first to order mine from Virtue Motorsports back on 10/24. Although Concept Z still had it in stock, no one else did. Virtue Offered it for over $100 less than anywhere else. The first batch came the week of Thanksgiving, but there was an order mixup and the whole first batch was the awful straight cut tips. The beveled tip version should be arriving within the next week, maybe two. I'm not sure how many have not yet been spoken for.

Contact Virtue directly on Facebook for the fastest response. They have been absolutely great! I hope this helps anyone that is looking.

With all that being said, I really want someone to try the J2 Engineering! I saw someone on the G37 Facebook group had it and I asked for pictures and videos, but never heard back.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Mr.Grant

I might give it a try lol
Old 12-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Mr.Grant

Only thing I'm worried about is if it will fit the awd and if modification is required how much modification
Old 12-19-2015, 05:59 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Only thing I'm worried about is if it will fit the awd and if modification is required how much modification
The y-pipe looks like it would clear the transfer case. But I doubt it would cost more than $150 to get the pipes rewelded, and even that might be a high price.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:17 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
I might give it a try lol
Did you pull the trigger on the J2? (saw your post on another thread that made it seem like you had...)
Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Did you pull the trigger on the J2? (saw your post on another thread that made it seem like you had...)
no not yet still have some other stuff to install and running out of space to store stuff lol. But i made up my mind to order it.

It will go on at the same time as the kinetic HFC i got. But before I do that I want to get a baseline dyno run to see if the cats and or this exhaust actually nets me anything. Im also need to install my cold air intake. Soo in other words Im going to be very busy lol. But stay tuned and follow my build thread where Ill be documenting everything
Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Seems like a lot of people, including me, want the Top Speed Y back exhaust with the beveled tips on this thread. Can somebody put together a group buy?

Quick Reply: J2 Engineering Dual 3.5" Muffler Tip Exhaust Catback System For Infiniti G37 4DR