G37 Sedan

G Sedan X good family car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 09:01 AM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It's tight in the back. Especially if using a baby seat. I would compare the back seat in the G to that in the Honda Civic.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM
faiz23
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a Diono Sunshine Radian Kids seat in the middle and you could easily fit 2 more on each side. Just make sure it is a Diono which has a slimmer steel frame compared to other seats.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:48 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
Family of 5.

Not as good as an SUV, but adequate for short trips. The kids complain all the time about being car sick, but it's because they are used to my wife's Pilot, which is more akin to riding around on the living room couch. The back of the 5 is "snug", but not as snug as some in the class.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:48 PM
Dreamerzcc

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It's a good family car. No where as good as a SUV on long trips for my teenagers in the back seat. Otherwise no problems here. Our CT200h is smaller than my G but more comfortable to my kids.....
Old 08-08-2017, 01:27 PM
jayli86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back alive. Does anyone know if the back trunk will fit a full size stroller like a dual seats City select?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Epiphany
You're probably the only person on this site I've seen say that, everyone always complaining about mileage instead.
I have no complaints about the mileage. There's a cost to push weight quickly.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:38 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Victory
I have no complaints about the mileage. There's a cost to push weight quickly.
Hate to be the one to say it but...

Post was from 2 years ago friend.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:00 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jayli86
Sorry for bringing this thread back alive. Does anyone know if the back trunk will fit a full size stroller like a dual seats City select?
It can fit by Go-Bag with 2 sets of body armor and gun belt accessories along with my weather gear and I still have room so I can't see why it wouldn't. There's 13.5 cubic ft of space in the trunk and the cubic inches for that stroller (if I'm looking at the correct one and my math is right) converts to about about 6 cu. ft.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:22 PM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
It can fit by Go-Bag with 2 sets of body armor and gun belt accessories along with my weather gear and I still have room
Nice! Another Pro 2A guy. Love it!
Old 08-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
It can fit by Go-Bag with 2 sets of body armor and gun belt accessories along with my weather gear and I still have room so I can't see why it wouldn't. There's 13.5 cubic ft of space in the trunk and the cubic inches for that stroller (if I'm looking at the correct one and my math is right) converts to about about 6 cu. ft.

the trunk is small but well laid out. I too have fit copious amounts of tactical equipment in the trunk...no small children though.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by emerilnut
Nice! Another Pro 2A guy. Love it!
Oh absolutely . Not too much into ARs as cool as they are; probably because there's no where to actually fire them all out or practical uses outside of showing it off. Much more of a handgun and shotgun fan. Shotgun for home defense and skeets. Handguns require quite a bit of skill IMO so I like the challenge. Teaching the fiance to shoot now and she's taken to the Taurus 92, surprisingly, over the S&W 3913 I thought she'd like. She's still a bit timid and scared but that's a good thing. Reinforces the golden rules when we go over them. Go figure she likes the Beretta replicate

Originally Posted by Victory
the trunk is small but well laid out. I too have fit copious amounts of tactical equipment in the trunk...no small children though.
Yet...

Lol, I've never had an issue with it honestly. Had my gear, Another member's gear and dress uniform items during the inauguration and still had room.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 AM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh absolutely . Not too much into ARs as cool as they are; probably because there's no where to actually fire them all out or practical uses outside of showing it off. Much more of a handgun and shotgun fan. Shotgun for home defense and skeets. Handguns require quite a bit of skill IMO so I like the challenge. Teaching the fiance to shoot now and she's taken to the Taurus 92, surprisingly, over the S&W 3913 I thought she'd like. She's still a bit timid and scared but that's a good thing. Reinforces the golden rules when we go over them. Go figure she likes the Beretta replicate
I'm not much into AR's either, but I built one 4 years ago just to have one. I'm strictly a handgun guy myself. Not really into shotties either. I do compete with my handgun, and it's tons of fun. I've gotten the wife out a few times, and she prefers the CZ to any of my Glocks. Since it's heavier, it "recoils" less, and she likes the design since she's very pinch paranoid.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Your wife has good taste - I'm looking at getting one for myself lol. You only need see see one slide bite for that to happen. Seen more than my share of Beretta bites at the range when guys do the non-dominant switch sequence. Stitches involved every single time; and heckling to remind them when the scar doesn't lol. All in good fun though .

I also like the Glock 40 as a home defense option. My dad's 19 was my first experience with firearms and it's a fantastic gun that made me appreciate what the Glock is capable of. Super durable and can fire in any condition. Easy to clean and dismantle as well which was great when I was learning. Also hammered the golden rules into me since they are manufactured without the typical safety features.

Thought about the Sig but it might be too much of a wet gun for me since I only shoot them once in awhile. I like having different stuff too and just about everyone I know has one.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:51 AM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jayli86
I'm able to fit a double side by side stroller in trunk. Got the stroller for twins. Brand of stroller is Joovy X2 Scooter Double Stroller. Takes up most of Trunk but you can still fit stuff on top and sides. Hope this helps.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
I've fit our Schwin double stroller in the trunk. Not much room for anything else thought.

I think the G is kinda small to be the primary family car if you have little ones in car seats and have to consider things like strollers and pack-and-plays. I think it would be difficult to pack the car for a week long trip if you need all the associated baby/toddler stuff.

Quick Reply: G Sedan X good family car?