G37 Sedan

My Custom ARK Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
No offense but modding a vehicle that you are borrowing is something that I will never understand. Even if it's something like a muffler deleted now I know there are way worse offenders on here that are leasing and have modded their G more then me can anyone explain this to me?
Old 08-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
No offense but modding a vehicle that you are borrowing is something that I will never understand. Even if it's something like a muffler deleted now I know there are way worse offenders on here that are leasing and have modded their G more then me can anyone explain this to me?
No offense but I just don't understand why you care so much. Why is it not okay for people to do whatever they want to their vehicle? Sure people don't have the same taste but people also don't have the same budget. You might be surprised how many people like leasing vehicles. What's not to like about paying a fraction of the cost and changing vehicles every 3 or so years? But then again, it's just not for everyone.

I mod it because I like to, I want to enjoy the car while I have it. I know people at body shops that cut me some slack on installs for suspension ect so it's not like I'm taking a huge hit when I need to put it back to stock. I part out what I have and be on my way. You're taking a loss regardless if you're modding a car so how is a lease any different? I just don't enjoy it as long as you do lol.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:27 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm buying mine now because I put a lot of miles on my car and I'd go way over the miles allowed. But I have leased cars before and yes I've added mods to them.
Why not have a lower payment and a newer car every couple years.
Dealerships will take anything on a trade in theses days as long as you don't go to crazy.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

It's not that I care I never said it was wrong I just said I don't understand. I m just curious as to why put money into something that you will have to put back to stock and return. I know buying a vehicle isn't for everyone just like buying a house. I m just trying to see a logical stand point behind it. Sorry didn't mean to be an douche even tho I sounded like one lol
Old 08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by gman69
I'm buying mine now because I put a lot of miles on my car and I'd go way over the miles allowed. But I have leased cars before and yes I've added mods to them.
Dealerships will take anything on a trade in theses days as long as you don't go to crazy.
heh?
Old 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Originally Posted by Broski28
No offense but I just don't understand why you care so much. Why is it not okay for people to do whatever they want to their vehicle? Sure people don't have the same taste but people also don't have the same budget. You might be surprised how many people like leasing vehicles. What's not to like about paying a fraction of the cost and changing vehicles every 3 or so years? But then again, it's just not for everyone.

I mod it because I like to, I want to enjoy the car while I have it. I know people at body shops that cut me some slack on installs for suspension ect so it's not like I'm taking a huge hit when I need to put it back to stock. I part out what I have and be on my way. You're taking a loss regardless if you're modding a car so how is a lease any different? I just don't enjoy it as long as you do lol.
Originally Posted by gman69
team lease
The following users liked this post:
Broski28 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

It's not that I care I never said it was wrong I just said I don't understand. I m just curious as to why put money into something that you will have to put back to stock and return. I know buying a vehicle isn't for everyone just like buying a house. I m just trying to see a logical stand point behind it. Sorry didn't mean to be an douche even tho I sounded like one lol
I've bought plenty of cars in the past. Even an Infiniti. I just like changing cars too much. I get bored with them and want something new. Trading in bought cars is taking more of a hit than modding the leased ones. I'm paying a fraction of the cost for a brand new vehicle that I don't have to worry about having problems with. If something does, it's not my problem lol. You're taking a loss even with modding a bought vehicle. You'll try and find someone that wants to pay extra for your mods, which you won't get what you paid for. Or you're going to part it out just like I do.

It goes hand and hand, I just don't get as much use out of them like you do. But if i end up getting another G, I can still put most of them to use. Like i did with my Vossen's, they were on my old coupe.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Originally Posted by i heart ricers
team lease
See, you might be surprised with the leased population

Unless you're being sarcastic...
Old 08-11-2015, 03:53 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

See, you might be surprised with the leased population

Unless you're being sarcastic...
i have and will never in my life lease a car

i own things i dont rent things

plus i mod too much to lease

then part out when im ready to sell

its a hobby
Old 08-11-2015, 03:53 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Like Broski28 said.. Either part it out or use the parts for a new G. There has been a few of my friends that have made money on their cars by selling them themselves after the lease was up. Pay off whats owed and keep the rest. You sometimes can find someone that really really wants it but doesn't have the time to take it to different places to mod it up.
Broski28 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Originally Posted by i heart ricers
i have and will never in my life lease a car

i own things i dont rent things

plus i mod too much to lease

then part out when im ready to sell

its a hobby
LOL

I usually tastefully mod and try not to get too crazy.

Simple bolt ons are easy to take off and sell when the lease is up. If you planned on going air, forced induction and say GT Haus. Well yea leasing obviously isn't for you haha.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:44 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Problem with me is that I am now too lazy to take the mods off so it's either sell it as is or drive it to the ground. Lol the only way I would part out would be if someone was willing to pay a stupid price for a stock G or some mod that I had lol
Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

LOL

Simple bolt ons are easy to take off and sell when the lease is up. If you planned on going air, forced induction and say GT Haus. Well yea leasing obviously isn't for you haha.
i dont understand your logic at all

you can still take those parts off?

i would think that the guys that lease would want to do so to be able to put those parts on and then run the car into the ground and then after 3 years take those parts off and give it back

i own my car so i baby the hell out of my car simple mods or turbo or not
Old 08-12-2015, 09:49 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
LOL

Simple bolt ons that are 'easy to take off' such as cutting off the mufflers and welding crush bent pipes to the end? Seems legit.
gman69 (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 10:35 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

Originally Posted by tonyHTX
Simple bolt ons that are 'easy to take off' such as cutting off the mufflers and welding crush bent pipes to the end? Seems legit.
gman thanked this for some reason?

my point exactly tony

Quick Reply: My Custom ARK Muffler Delete