G37 Sedan

My Custom ARK Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:47 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
I can't believe people are applauding muffler deletes - horrible rasp in hand with nauseating drone at cruising speeds. Crush bent pipes and booger welds are considered quality work these days..?
To each his own I guess. Oh there's no drone in my car at all.... I wanted mine done just for the sound. Why would I pay a bunch of $$$ for exhaust for the same results?
Old 08-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Moultese
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely comes down to personal preference, but I don't hear the "horrible rasp" sound. Seems like the muffler delete is a great way to make your car sound a bit more aggressive without dropping the coin on a completely new exhaust system.

I've been contemplating it myself for a while now. There's a local shop that did a buddy's IS-F and holy **** did it sound amazing after getting the mufflers out of there.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:23 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Moultese
Definitely comes down to personal preference, but I don't hear the "horrible rasp" sound. Seems like the muffler delete is a great way to make your car sound a bit more aggressive without dropping the coin on a completely new exhaust system.

I've been contemplating it myself for a while now. There's a local shop that did a buddy's IS-F and holy **** did it sound amazing after getting the mufflers out of there.
Yeah watched a bunch of videos and researched like crazy before I did mine. I didn't want it to sound like a fart can that some of those cars out there sound like. So far all the video's I've watched sound pretty damn good. Keep in mine all theses videos don't do it justice. They sound much,much better in person. Hell for the $90.00 I paid... If I didn't like it I could have had him put it back on.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by gman69
Yeah watched a bunch of videos and researched like crazy before I did mine. I didn't want it to sound like a fart can that some of those cars out there sound like. So far all the video's I've watched sound pretty damn good. Keep in mine all theses videos don't do it justice. They sound much,much better in person. Hell for the $90.00 I paid... If I didn't like it I could have had him put it back on.
Nice!!! It sounds great man, congrats! I was hoping mine would sound closer to yours but oh well. I'm just hoping some day it might break in a little lol.
The following users liked this post:
gman69 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

I can't believe people are applauding muffler deletes - horrible rasp in hand with nauseating drone at cruising speeds. Crush bent pipes and booger welds are considered quality work these days..?
It's just a nice alternative for people that don't want to spend $1000+ for a catback. I mean i could have had it all mandrel bended but why spend the extra money. My car is leased so dropping thousands into it doesn't make sense. I'm sure we all wish we could afford to slap a couple turbos on tho lol!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Here are a couple more pictures I took today

Name:  G37%20Rear%20Wheel_zps7mt57ldx.jpg
Views: 1510
Size:  262.4 KB
Name:  G37%20Rear%20Wheel%202_zpsm2iyhczb.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  468.4 KB
Name:  G37%20Quarter%20Exhaust_zpswpegfape.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  437.9 KB
Name:  G37%20Exhaust_zpslwt3h2ek.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  380.1 KB
Old 08-11-2015, 09:24 AM
gman69
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Broski28
Here are a couple more pictures I took today

NICE!!! It just needs to be dropped....
Broski28 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Broski28
Registered Member

NICE!!! It just needs to be dropped....
My Swift Springs will be here Friday!!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:03 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Buys luxury no money left for mods. Seems right for these cars now. It's an Infiniti mods are gonna be a little more than a civic most people don't realize that until it's too late.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:14 PM
gman69
Registered Member

[QUOTE=ChinkyChoy;3939096]Buys luxury no money left for mods. Seems right for these cars now. It's an Infiniti mods are gonna be a little more than a civic most people don't realize that until it's too late.[/QUO

I deleted my muffler cause I liked the sound of it. Are you saying I can't afford mods for my car? My Infinity is my daily Mon-Fri driver . I drive my real cars/toys on the weekends.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:23 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
[QUOTE=gman69;3939138]
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Buys luxury no money left for mods. Seems right for these cars now. It's an Infiniti mods are gonna be a little more than a civic most people don't realize that until it's too late.[/QUO

I deleted my muffler cause I liked the sound of it. Are you saying I can't afford mods for my car? My Infinity is my daily Mon-Fri driver . I drive my real cars/toys on the weekends.
Congrats on having real toys to play with. Yea I dd my G too. I just have a hard time believing people when they say they prefer the sound of a muffler delete to a cat back system. I don't know maybe they never heard what a quality cat back sounds like or they just trying to justify pinching a penny or two here and there
Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
[QUOTE=ChinkyChoy;3939151]

Congrats on having real toys to play with. Yea I dd my G too. I just have a hard time believing people when they say they prefer the sound of a muffler delete to a cat back system. I don't know maybe they never heard what a quality cat back sounds like or they just trying to justify pinching a penny or two here and there
i daily my g also

id rather blow my money on the car that im in everyday other than the 1 that sits in the garage
Old 08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Like I've said before.. To each his own.... Why all the slams? Yes I have heard what a cat back exhaust sounds like. I've seen a lot of videos where people have put ton's of money into their exhaust and to ME it sounds like crap. I would never tell them that because that's just rude.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:55 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
[quote=gman69;3939173]

Like I've said before.. To each his own.... Why all the slams? Yes I have heard what a cat back exhaust sounds like. I've seen a lot of videos where people have put ton's of money into their exhaust and to ME it sounds like crap. I would never tell them that because that's just rude.
Broski28 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Buys luxury no money left for mods. Seems right for these cars now. It's an Infiniti mods are gonna be a little more than a civic most people don't realize that until it's too late.
Key word, "buys" haha. If I bought mine I would have spent the extra money for a full exhaust. It just didn't seem appropriate to take a $500-$600 loss when my lease ends in a year and a half.

Don't get me wrong, I understand you have to pay to play. Some things are just more reasonable for certain situations

I never said I prefer a muffler delete over a catback. I know a full exhaust it's going to sound a lot better, it just didn't seem right

Quick Reply: My Custom ARK Muffler Delete