G37 Sedan

Convertible Car Seat (baby)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:56 AM
markyo0o

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
The Recao won't fit correctly rear facing so we have it in my wife's Mazda instead. I used a graco click connect for the first maybe 8-10 months because it's easier on your stress not to have to wake a sleeping baby to carry them inside, we also have the click connect "snug rider car sear carrier" which is amazing when dealing with trunk space. We actually ended up only using that stroller with our second kid.

In my car (G37 sedan) I use the Britax Boulevard, fits really well, no problem installing and no problem leveling. After I was rear ended I went out and got the same seat once again because we liked it so much.

The recaro is cool looking, but it's a very bare bones car seat and if you're doing rear facing it can be difficult to level. In my wifes car it's got rolled towels in front of it to help which I don't really particularly like doing.
Gracias for the info.

Most likely going to go with a travel system because of what you mentioned about not waking up the baby. Britax looks like they have the most ergonomic systems plus good safety ratings/reviews.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
The Recao won't fit correctly rear facing so we have it in my wife's Mazda instead. I used a graco click connect for the first maybe 8-10 months because it's easier on your stress not to have to wake a sleeping baby to carry them inside, we also have the click connect "snug rider car sear carrier" which is amazing when dealing with trunk space. We actually ended up only using that stroller with our second kid.

In my car (G37 sedan) I use the Britax Boulevard, fits really well, no problem installing and no problem leveling. After I was rear ended I went out and got the same seat once again because we liked it so much.

The recaro is cool looking, but it's a very bare bones car seat and if you're doing rear facing it can be difficult to level. In my wifes car it's got rolled towels in front of it to help which I don't really particularly like doing.

+1

My wife has the Recaro's and I just took out the Britax Boulevard and moved to boosters. Everyone gets kinda caught up on 'Recaro' branding, because #RaceCar, but the Britax is a nicer seat, and fits really securely in the G.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
+1

My wife has the Recaro's and I just took out the Britax Boulevard and moved to boosters. Everyone gets kinda caught up on 'Recaro' branding, because #RaceCar, but the Britax is a nicer seat, and fits really securely in the G.
I fell victim to the name too lol. Although, they do as well have great safety ratings, you can get a lot more out of of a different seat in a similar price range as the Recaro feature-wise.

Originally Posted by markyo0o
Gracias for the info.

Most likely going to go with a travel system because of what you mentioned about not waking up the baby. Britax looks like they have the most ergonomic systems plus good safety ratings/reviews.
That Boulevard seat is a tank too. There's a good amount of steel in it's frame, it's very sturdy. The build quality alone is top notch. The Clek is a nice seat too but god is it ever expensive. The only thing that sucks is having to buy the infant carrier seat and then upgrade to buy another seat in a year or so, but it's worth it in the end. Even dropping my kid off at daycare, pulled the whole seat out with him asleep in it, walked it in and they took care of him from there. Some grocery stores like Wegmans actually have a shopping card with a car seat mount on top too which is nice with the infant carrier seat. And if you have two cars you can get away with just buying a spare base and switching the seat between the two. Good luck pops! Congrats too!

Shop around for seats, ToyRUs when they existed had the color I wanted and wouldn't price match a different color seat of the exact model being cheaper at Target. It had to be the exact color match, apparently some stores get exclusive color options and avoid price matching that way so it helps to look around.