G37 Sedan

Spoiler Options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
RickyDgmZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler Options?

I've been looking around to put a small spoiler on my G. It does have the flat spoiler that comes out a bit on the trunk lid. I was looking at something more like this.

Is Carccessory a reliable vendor or are there other places I should look at to purchase spoilers for my G?

Obviously that would require me to remove the old spoiler and install that one. As far as the rear view camera goes what part would I have to purchase to hold that in? I'm just curious as to the installation process and what other items I'd need. When it comes to drilling holes and such I'll just have that done professionally.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
What you have pictured is what was offered as OEM on 07/08 G35s sedans. With that I'd go with a factory part over aftermarket any day. My only hangup with this style is the LED brake light. I already have one at the rear window, so I'd either need to redo my rear glass tint to hide it or paint over the spoilers LED and hope it disappears. Can't stand CHMSLx2, functional or not.

What color is your car? Might be able to find somebody to trade trunklids with you. Could be a camera aspect to deal with too depending on your year.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:55 PM
RickyDgmZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWD
What you have pictured is what was offered as OEM on 07/08 G35s sedans. With that I'd go with a factory part over aftermarket any day. My only hangup with this style is the LED brake light. I already have one at the rear window, so I'd either need to redo my rear glass tint to hide it or paint over the spoilers LED and hope it disappears. Can't stand CHMSLx2, functional or not.

What color is your car? Might be able to find somebody to trade trunklids with you. Could be a camera aspect to deal with too depending on your year.
I thought it was offered on the old G's kept looking around for one and couldn't find it. My Sedan is an 09 and is red.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:17 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
If you like the type of spoiler that sits above the chrome lip, I tend to think this one compliments the lines of the car a little better than the one you show above:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-07-13-G35-G37-4DR-Sedan-Rear-Trunk-Tail-Lip-Spoiler-Painted-ABS-/181341299914?fits=Model%3AG37
If you look for the user soundmike, he has this spoiler installed on his sedan and it looks pretty tight.

I went through this decision process recently myself, but ended up with the OEM Spoiler. Now that the spoiler is installed, I wish I had done this back when I bought the car new 2 years ago. Pictures do not do the OEM spoiler justice.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Keep in mind that removing your old spoiler will reveal the two holes to the outside of the trunk lid and the paint will probably show a fade where the spoiler has been. Might cost a lot more in the long run to get a new one installed w/ the paint to match and having to do any work w/ the holes

Plus the OEM spoiler looks