G37 Sedan

Got hit today

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Got hit today

As the title says, got hit today..... Made a left turn on a green onto Hallandale Beach Blvd. From US #1. Some Jack@ss decides that he can't wait for the guy in front of him to make a right onto the same road so he goes around him while in a right hand turning lane. Well, there I am in the intersection minding my own business when this douche hits my right rear bumper. Thank god I saw him coming, I gave it all it had and he missed the passenger front door. Those Michelin PSS have some serious grip. (Shameless plug) This wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it's still a huge aggravation. I contacted this guys insurance and it turns out that he sent a motorcyclist to the hospital 3 weeks ago. How he still has a DL and insurance is a true mystrey. I could go on and on about this. I'm not though. Just watch out for douche bags, Friends.

Name:  IMAG1301_zpsjwhckk5z.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  124.7 KB
Name:  IMAG1303_zpsrwhsorcg.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-04-20-09-16_1_zpsba4tkqqf.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  122.3 KB

Last edited by warped ideas; 02-04-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
That sucks, man. Did you call the police and get an accident report?
Old 02-04-2015, 07:52 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
That sucks, man. Did you call the police and get an accident report?
Yeah, you bet your @ss I did. That guy was driving a 2000 Toyota Corolla, and it looked like he played bumper cars with many more people than myself. He was cited for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. I'm not a jerk, but come on..... He showed a genuine lack of regards for anyone else. During the interview with the cop he kept repeating, "Is this gonna take long? I got an appointment at the VA". I could have thrown his @ss into oncoming traffic. Jesus, can't have anything nice.

Last edited by warped ideas; 02-04-2015 at 09:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by warped ideas:
Lego_Maniac (02-04-2015), NJG37X (02-08-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 08:53 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Damn that sucks man.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Cr0tchf4i

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice work avoiding a far worse accident. IPL bumper time?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:35 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

No, I was actually happy with the way my ride looked until this. I'm just hoping that the AK-V1 Diffuser comes off nice and easy when the bumper is repaired or replaced. Damnit....... I don't want to be buying another one. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and all. I'm just glad it wasn't worse and that I wasn't on my GSXR-1000. I'd probably be in the hospital.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Cr0tchf4i
Nice work avoiding a far worse accident. IPL bumper time?
When in doubt, POWER OUT!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about this, you'll get it looking like new again, just such a PITA in teh meantime. Glad you "almost" got out of the d-bags' way.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 10:13 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by blnewt
Damn, sorry to hear about this, you'll get it looking like new again, just such a PITA in teh meantime. Glad you "almost" got out of the d-bags' way.
Thanks Bro, it has been....stressful. My real worry is this guys insurance. They sent an appraiser out to take pictures of the damage. They in turn estimated $455.38.... I called my authorized Infiniti collision shop and I had them give me a quote for a new bumper, painted and installed. Out the door they are saying $993.01.... I think it should be replaced. Then again I don't know what type of magic they can work on plastics so...... What should I do? What can I do? It's a little unsettling that THEY tell ME what they will give to "fix" it. I refuse to let Pablo and Son's autobody shop touch my car let alone "fix" it. It was like new before this ****, I want like new after this ****. Am I being unreasonable?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Lamify
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Doesnt look too bad. can u buff that out?
Old 02-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Limmerbr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rubbing compound will absolutely get most of that out less a couple nicks.

A good body shop won't even have to paint it to make it look new.

Your good, no worries.

I had the same thing happen to me but I it was valet parking my car.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:14 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Lamify
Doesnt look too bad. can u buff that out?
Originally Posted by Limmerbr
Rubbing compound will absolutely get most of that out less a couple nicks.

A good body shop won't even have to paint it to make it look new.

Your good, no worries.

I had the same thing happen to me but I it was valet parking my car.

Thanks for your concern, I did look carefully at just buffing out what I could. The issue is that in two spots the paint was taken off completely and in those two same spots the plastic looks / feels marred and or creased / cracked. I'm a DIY all things kind of guy but body work is not and has never been my strong suit. There is one more concern that I have about the paint. It's the clear coat in the surrounding area of the collision. You cannot see it unless the light is at just the right angle but there are hundreds of hairline cracks in the shape of a spiders web extending out from the area of impact. F^ck..........
Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
No sorry man, Yea the duffuser should come off fine as long as you heat it a little ( Unless) you used some extra stick'em like me, mine will never come off, I'd have to buy I new one. I guess you can try and if not have INS pay for a new one. Glad your ok and almost made it away! :/
Old 02-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
First of all, glad you weren't hurt. Secondly that can be fixed. My bumper was cut and scuffed from some dimwit broad center punching me at a stoplight, and it looked worse than that. It also broke the paint like you described. It was fixed at the local Nissan dealership and you can't tell it was ever damaged. I understand wanting the bumper replaced, but it's probably not necessary. Like you said, thankfully you weren't on your bike. I hope that you're happy with the repairs no matter how it's handled. It sucks when you put so much time into keeping your car nice, and some clueless dip**** violates it.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (02-05-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 05:59 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
No sorry man, Yea the duffuser should come off fine as long as you heat it a little ( Unless) you used some extra stick'em like me, mine will never come off, I'd have to buy I new one. I guess you can try and if not have INS pay for a new one. Glad your ok and almost made it away! :/
Yeah Brother, I used 3M double sided stage 3 tape.... That **** will hold a fighter jet together in flight. I'm going to take it off myself before going or at the repair shop. I'm not sure if that guys insurance will cover the cost of a new diffuser if it's broken while taking it off. That damn thing costs $440+ ....

Quick Reply: Got hit today