G37 Sedan

Got hit today

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Cr0tchf4i

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
No, I was actually happy with the way my ride looked until this. I'm just hoping that the AK-V1 Diffuser comes off nice and easy when the bumper is repaired or replaced. Damnit....... I don't want to be buying another one. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and all. I'm just glad it wasn't worse and that I wasn't on my GSXR-1000. I'd probably be in the hospital.
Man I recently moved to California and holy hell the drivers and roads are terrible. I have a K8/Gix6 and K5/Gix750, I hardly even ride them anymore because I've been run off the road too many times to count. I picked up a "Seatbelt Tool" that I zip tied to the frame. I am also looking into getting a small compressor and airhorn to mount on the bike.

Amazon.com: LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer (Orange): Automotive Amazon.com: LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer (Orange): Automotive
Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Cr0tchf4i
Man I recently moved to California and holy hell the drivers and roads are terrible. I have a K8/Gix6 and K5/Gix750, I hardly even ride them anymore because I've been run off the road too many times to count. I picked up a "Seatbelt Tool" that I zip tied to the frame. I am also looking into getting a small compressor and airhorn to mount on the bike.

Amazon.com: LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer (Orange): Automotive

My first bike was a 2000 SRAD 600.... Man, that bike was a blast to ride, big but light. Anywy, I put on close to 50 pounds when I "grew up". (now 30 years old and 215 lbs.) The K6 GSXR-1000 was my next logical choice in street bikes. I also have a 2010 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic for those slow and hung over days. LOL. I'd hate to think about what the repair costs would be for that bike. Insurance would get both bikes fixed, but as all of us bikers know, once a bike has been wrecked it never "feels" quite the same.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Is this gonna take long?
It's a cold reality when someone forces their lack of values on you. It's how they live their life, so they expect it's how everyone else lives their life.

We call those people aholes.

Damage notwithstanding, looks like you dodged a bullet.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Thanks Bro, it has been....stressful. My real worry is this guys insurance. They sent an appraiser out to take pictures of the damage. They in turn estimated $455.38.... I called my authorized Infiniti collision shop and I had them give me a quote for a new bumper, painted and installed. Out the door they are saying $993.01.... I think it should be replaced. Then again I don't know what type of magic they can work on plastics so...... What should I do? What can I do? It's a little unsettling that THEY tell ME what they will give to "fix" it. I refuse to let Pablo and Son's autobody shop touch my car let alone "fix" it. It was like new before this ****, I want like new after this ****. Am I being unreasonable?
whos your insurance provider? When my Altima was vandalized a few years back I took it straight to the dealership where my Progressive apprasier came out to meet me so that they knew exactly how much it was going to cost straight from factory...no BS, no small mom and pops shop was going to touch my car. Needless to say EVERYTHING and then some was taken care of and the car looked dam near brand new. Hopefully it all turns out for you
Old 02-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Cr0tchf4i

My first bike was a 2000 SRAD 600.... Man, that bike was a blast to ride, big but light. Anywy, I put on close to 50 pounds when I "grew up". (now 30 years old and 215 lbs.) The K6 GSXR-1000 was my next logical choice in street bikes. I also have a 2010 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic for those slow and hung over days. LOL. I'd hate to think about what the repair costs would be for that bike. Insurance would get both bikes fixed, but as all of us bikers know, once a bike has been wrecked it never "feels" quite the same.
That's funny. My first bike was a 99 Srad 750. It was such a hunk of **** with carb issues etc.. I've owned 21 bikes now which is ridiculous. One of my favorite bikes just for street use (I used to stunt) was my 01 Gix1k. They are just plain nasty on the street. I'm still refusing to get a Harley- i'm 31 but still fighting it off.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by Rochester
It's a cold reality when someone forces their lack of values on you. It's how they live their life, so they expect it's how everyone else lives their life.

We call those people aholes.

Damage notwithstanding, looks like you dodged a bullet.
Originally Posted by Cr0tchf4i
That's funny. My first bike was a 99 Srad 750. It was such a hunk of **** with carb issues etc.. I've owned 21 bikes now which is ridiculous. One of my favorite bikes just for street use (I used to stunt) was my 01 Gix1k. They are just plain nasty on the street. I'm still refusing to get a Harley- i'm 31 but still fighting it off.
The Harley is another animal in itself. It's a Cadi' on two wheels, great for long runs down through the keys. Giving it up in the divorce I'm going through though. Can't afford the $473 / month payment along with the car payment, townhouse I'm looking at buying, and all of life's other she!t. I'm only thirty but lately feel like I'm closer to 50. I loved my SRAD though, it had plenty of power for me when I was only 18 and weighed 170 lbs. Anyway, I'll never be without a bike, I was practically born into a biking family. It's in the blood. I just can't wait to have my Good ride back to it's glorious condition.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:45 AM
stm37s

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
Glad your alright, hope everything works out good for ya man, soon ur ride will be just like new
Old 02-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm only thirty but lately feel like I'm closer to 50.
It's all relative, man.

I'm over 50, but emotionally I'm still 30, and at times my body feels 70.

Just roll with it.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Cr0tchf4i

The Harley is another animal in itself. It's a Cadi' on two wheels, great for long runs down through the keys. Giving it up in the divorce I'm going through though. Can't afford the $473 / month payment along with the car payment, townhouse I'm looking at buying, and all of life's other she!t. I'm only thirty but lately feel like I'm closer to 50. I loved my SRAD though, it had plenty of power for me when I was only 18 and weighed 170 lbs. Anyway, I'll never be without a bike, I was practically born into a biking family. It's in the blood. I just can't wait to have my Good ride back to it's glorious condition.
Ah man that's rough. Gotta protect your assets (i'm sure you've learned that now). Hope you're not raped too bad. What kind of bars are you running on the bike? I used to take out my ex-gf's dads harleys. He had a pimp full dresser (won some awards at Sturgis) and then had a stroked sportster that was bagged and had drag bars. I was always so uncomfortable on that thing- I need to rest my weight on my arms or have a backrest i think. If you had to pick between the 1k and the HD which would you choose?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:12 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Update on warped ideas... from his wife

This is to let everyone know that he was in a tragic and fatal bike accident on Feb 7th 2015. He was riding his beloved gsxr and probably going over speed limit. A woman saw him and heard him yet turned right in front of him. He had 8 feet to react. He slammed on the breaks his body flew. His head with helmet hit the rear passenger wheel rim. He died instantly. Though we were talking divorce, I did and always will love him dearly. That being said... The bike was barely scratched. I have his bike and his G37 that needs to be sold. You all know that he filled both with the best after market parts and took extreme car of them. If you know anyone interested please let me know.

For those interested, his obituary can be googled. Search for Justin Christopher Beemer. Pembroke Pines.

Dawn Beemer
Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
This is to let everyone know that he was in a tragic and fatal bike accident on Feb 7th 2015. He was riding his beloved gsxr and probably going over speed limit. A woman saw him and heard him yet turned right in front of him. He had 8 feet to react. He slammed on the breaks his body flew. His head with helmet hit the rear passenger wheel rim. He died instantly. Though we were talking divorce, I did and always will love him dearly. That being said... The bike was barely scratched. I have his bike and his G37 that needs to be sold. You all know that he filled both with the best after market parts and took extreme car of them. If you know anyone interested please let me know.

For those interested, his obituary can be googled. Search for Justin Christopher Beemer. Pembroke Pines.

Dawn Beemer
How terrible. My condolences.....
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Dawn Beemer
OMG. If you ever come back to these posts, know that he was very, very well liked here on the forum.

I'm so deeply sorry.

John Clare
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Very sorry to hear this , such a tragic loss. He was such a valued member here in the forums. May he rest in Peace.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I'm only thirty but lately feel like I'm closer to 50. I loved my SRAD though, it had plenty of power for me when I was only 18 and weighed 170 lbs. Anyway, I'll never be without a bike, I was practically born into a biking family. It's in the blood. I just can't wait to have my Good ride back to it's glorious condition.
Tough to read, but J died doing what he loved.
Tough pill to swallow today.
The following 3 users liked this post by blnewt:
RexHavoc (03-08-2015), twin_snails (03-12-2015), vqsmile (03-07-2015)