G37 Sedan

Blind spot mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Blind spot mirrors

So I was sitting and thinking about how one of my favorite mods that I did with my old VW. They had for sell blind spot mirrors that was separated with two pieces.

Basically these
http://www.ecstuning.com/News/BlindSpotMirrors_BIS_ES252586/ES252586/

I was wondering if anybody know a vendor that could create these for the G??? I know a lot of people would be interested as the blind spot on our cars is atrocious. I never really had to actually turn my head and look behind me when I change lanes till I got in this car.
The following users liked this post:
e3phung (12-13-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Razorr

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Was watching these on tv the other day. Maxi View 2 Sets of 2 Blind Spot Mirrors ? QVC.com
Apparently these are universal.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:06 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 234 Posts
I actually had an Elantra (Hyundai) rental car recently with factory blind spot mirrors and I loved them...when I got home, I tried to find some for the G that looked similar, but all I found were universal ones like those linked above. Anyone have experience with these? I read the threads about adjusting the mirrors to remove the blind spots, but I'm just not that comfortable with the mirrors pointing that far away from the side of the car. Seems unatural to me. The G sedan (not sure about the coupe) has a huge blind spot, so I almost think these are a necessary mod. Just not sure which ones will look and fit the best.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:45 PM
e3phung

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I am in need of these, I also feel like the sedan has a larger blind spot. I put universal mirrors on my Toyota Sequoia and it makes a world of difference.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:15 PM
madjack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Auto sport has some: Search Results for: blind - AutoSport Catalog

My favorite is the Auotbahn mirror. It goes inside on the windshield.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:47 PM
acesk8er

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would buy the ECS Tuning-type mirrors right away if they were available for the G. One option other than stick-on mirrors is this tip from another thread:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-for-12-a.html

Last edited by acesk8er; 12-14-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yea I was hoping a vendor would chime in on this that could possibly make it happen. Like I said I know they would be a hit in our community knowing how bad the blind spot is on our cars. I'll hit up Ecs and see if they can point me in a direction to the people that make those for the German cars
Old 12-15-2014, 02:38 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Twista
I know a lot of people would be interested as the blind spot on our cars is atrocious. I never really had to actually turn my head and look behind me when I change lanes till I got in this car.
Originally Posted by Twista
knowing how bad the blind spot is on our cars.
Are you having an issue with the side mirrors size/shape/placement/angle, or the B or C pillar, the rear-view mirror, or the slope of the rear window, the size of the side windows, high beltline/low roofline, or what? Is your trouble on both sides of the car? I really can't say I've noticed any blind spot issue with this vehicle whatsoever, and we've owned 3 different G sedans consistently over the last 10+ years. Are you very tall or on the shorter side? Seat placement? I've read about the coupe blind spot forever, I've never noticed much mentioned about the sedan, so trying to see what I am missing.

Out of habit I always turned my head to double check before changing lanes, no matter what I'm driving in.

TIP: If you can see the side of your G37 in your side mirrors, they aren't positioned correctly.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWD
Out of habit I always turned my head to double check before changing lanes, no matter what I'm driving in.

TIP: If you can see the side of your G37 in your side mirrors, they aren't positioned correctly.
^ +1. bingo. most people do not know how to position the side mirrors correctly, and this results in the "blind spot". once the mirrors are correctly adjusted the side view increases and that, combined with shoulder checks that everyone should be doing, effectively eliminates any "blind spot".

instead of sitting as you normally would while you drive to adjust the side mirrors, one should tilt/shift their head to the left a few inches and adjust the driver mirror so the side of the vehicle is just in sight (as most people do from the driving position). same procedure just shifting to the right for the passenger side mirror. once adjusted you should not be able to see the sides of the car. it may seem odd at first but that will quickly subside and vision will improve. just be sure to also shoulder check.