G37 Sedan

Bullydog tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 11:46 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Bullydog tuner

So a friend of mine works for a known tuning company. He recently received a Bullydog tuner to test with. We ended up flashing my 08 G35S with the performance tune.

First impressions are holy pedal feel, much more responsive now. Power comes on at 1% throttle it feels and up from there. As far as performance gains up top, I need to drive it more to form a solid opinion.

Next step will be a custom tune.

Only mods are K&N drop ins, HPS tubes and muffler delete.

Name:  20141128_183933_zpsdfo49yiw.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  69.8 KB
Old 12-06-2014, 12:44 AM
tdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never heard of a plug and play for the g without expensive software. My guess is you did not get a "tune". I bet the pedal feel you notice is a change in the drive by wire throttle position. I have seen those before. When you slightly press the pedal it is registering like you pushed it half throttle, etc. Therefore half throttle is really full. It's more of a portable guage cluster than anything. Even with a profession tune with your mods you are not going to squeeze "holy sh1z" power from it.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by tdoug
I never heard of a plug and play for the g without expensive software. My guess is you did not get a "tune". I bet the pedal feel you notice is a change in the drive by wire throttle position. I have seen those before. When you slightly press the pedal it is registering like you pushed it half throttle, etc. Therefore half throttle is really full. It's more of a portable guage cluster than anything. Even with a profession tune with your mods you are not going to squeeze "holy sh1z" power from it.
Yep. You're describing a product called Sprint Booster.

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

First impressions, it seems like a scam, but really it's just a trick to fool your throttle response perception by front-loading the signal curve from the pedal to the throttle on drive-by-wire systems. I had one in my old Maxima. Fun little toy while it lasted. Nothing wrong with it what-so-ever, but nothing real about it either. It's just perception.

Actually, the part where they say "acceleration will improve greatly" is a shameless lie. Same for their "dyno proven" claims. Acceleration remains exactly as it was before, the only thing that changes is the signal from the pedal to the throttle. Period.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-06-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:27 AM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Definitely improved driveability, for a free mod I'm not complaining. My wife even noticed the improvement in how much easier it drives. I wasn't expecting power gains but it's something that improved the car over stock, so I'll take it. Once it's setup to accept custom tuning we will be doing some dynoing.