G37 Sedan

Just a few recent pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Just a few recent pics

Decided to do a complete detail on my car and my ladies 128i, so here's a few pics of my car towing my track bike after a wash wax and some fun with plastidip. So recent mods include Akebono brake upgrade and plastidip window trim and fog light rings. Debating on getting my wheels painted the same color as the GTR gunmetal wheels and having 180 paint my headlights matte gunmetal. Sorry no pics of my lady or her car, but it's a blue 6 speed manual 128i and she likes to autocross!
Attached Thumbnails Just a few recent pics-img_1061.jpg   Just a few recent pics-img_1062.jpg   Just a few recent pics-img_1063.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
ToeKnee Sea (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 11:39 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice pics (and nice bike), gunmetal wheels would look
Bet that 128 is a kick to flick around, the 135i that I tested was a blast.

If the trim dip lets you down give the vinyl a shot, it's easy, and will match your door pillars perfectly.

Looks like a nice 'hood too
Old 10-13-2014, 11:40 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by AUR11
Decided to do a complete detail on my car and my ladies 128i, so here's a few pics of my car towing my track bike after a wash wax and some fun with plastidip. So recent mods include Akebono brake upgrade and plastidip window trim and fog light rings. Debating on getting my wheels painted the same color as the GTR gunmetal wheels and having 180 paint my headlights matte gunmetal. Sorry no pics of my lady or her car, but it's a blue 6 speed manual 128i and she likes to autocross!
Covering up the Anniversaries??? Say it isn't so...
The following users liked this post:
inspector94 (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice pics (and nice bike), gunmetal wheels would look
Bet that 128 is a kick to flick around, the 135i that I tested was a blast.

If the trim dip lets you down give the vinyl a shot, it's easy, and will match your door pillars perfectly.

Looks like a nice 'hood too
Thanks! Yup that car is a ton of fun to drive, I got lucky with this girl, shes cute and has a rocking body too The bike is currently having the front forks rebuilt with new springs and valving and then the bodywork is being sent off to paint to be painted Laguna Seca Blue and gloss black, prepping for my track day at the Corvette Museum's new track in two weeks!

I plan on doing the Vinyl a little later, but the dip has been on for a month now and has held up great and actually looks decent too.

Wish I could take credit for the house, its my parents place. I live in a condo in the city, which isn't all that bad. There's a few professional baseball players in my building so it's been cool to see them since the Royals are killing it right now!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea
Covering up the Anniversaries??? Say it isn't so...
I know, it's a tough decision, but they turn gunmetal in about a day of driving with my brake pads. Plus I think it would give it a more menacing look with my color.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:08 PM
dagenius01

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks pretty nice, if you don't mind two question for you: what kind of hitch are you using, and any issues when you trailer the bike? I always end up renting a SUV or ride with my friend when i go to track.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM
AUR11

Originally Posted by dagenius01
Looks pretty nice, if you don't mind two question for you: what kind of hitch are you using, and any issues when you trailer the bike? I always end up renting a SUV or ride with my friend when i go to track.
I have the Curt hitch installed on it that I got from e-trailer. It wasn't too bad of an install and requires very very minimal trimming of the lower bumper that no one will ever see. I haven't had any issues with towing a small trailer and my bike, I will probably throw on a stillen tranny cooler though just as a cautionary measure and for long distance tows. It's made my car 100 thousand times more useful and I personally think it looks kinda cool!
Attached Thumbnails Just a few recent pics-hitch.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
I wonder if you did paint those wheels in gunmetal... would a gunmetal grill look good too? Gunmetal for the grill slats, body color the chrome surround? That color car really looks good with the blacked out window chrome. I'm not a chrome hater BTW.

In my younger years I had a Mustang GT conv with a hitch. Had a small 5x8 trailer to move around my riding mower. Some kids in a newer Mustang were (understandably) pointing and giggling at my monstrosity. They wanted to go, so we went. That 100 pounds of tongue weight ruined their day.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:43 PM
AUR11

Originally Posted by GAWD
I wonder if you did paint those wheels in gunmetal... would a gunmetal grill look good too? Gunmetal for the grill slats, body color the chrome surround? That color car really looks good with the blacked out window chrome. I'm not a chrome hater BTW.

In my younger years I had a Mustang GT conv with a hitch. Had a small 5x8 trailer to move around my riding mower. Some kids in a newer Mustang were (understandably) pointing and giggling at my monstrosity. They wanted to go, so we went. That 100 pounds of tongue weight ruined their day.
Hah that's funny I tend to get weird looks and people pointing. I was getting gas once and this guy was like you tow with that??

I actually am probably going to get my grill painted body color and leave the midnight portion as is and do matte finish on the headlights and light smoke on the tails. I actually just asked and it's looking to be around 250 a wheel to get them refinished in the color I want. So I'll probably be posting this spring with a new set of wheels instead But first I gotta ditch these springs and grab some FA 500 coils.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
window trim looks real good.
I personally like the wheels the way they are, has a nice contrast with the blue.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Looks like a perfect, flush fitment, IMO. And I agree with others... leave the finish alone.

And for some reason I really like the light tint with the black trim. It just looks cool.

I'm particularly digging the 4DSC decal.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 332 Likes on 253 Posts
Leave wheels as is, redoing them in a darker finish will simply wash them out. A monotone car is just uninteresting IMO

Car looks sharp
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
AUR11

Hmm the more I look at it I think you guys are right about leaving the wheels as is. The headlights however need to be darker for sure.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
The headlights however need to be darker for sure.
Against a darker colored car, I would agree. Probably less expensive than having your rims painted, although just as logistically problematic.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:30 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by Rochester
Against a darker colored car, I would agree. Probably less expensive than having your rims painted, although just as logistically problematic.
I think it's about the cost of one rim being painted for the headlights from 180 customs. Since I travel for work I can always ship them out when I'm not in town.

Quick Reply: Just a few recent pics