G37 Sedan

Need help building my sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Arrogant

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Need help building my sedan

I need help from you guys picking out my car parts. I have a black on black sedan AWD. I was originaly going to go all out, and have an all black car with like 20" gunmetal Vossens. I will probably keep this car 18 months or less so I realized financially it was dumb to buy everything I wanted. This being said I still want to buy a few items and I need help as after I have read over the past few weeks I realize there are more options than i know.
I have a window tinting appointment set already, and have ordered interior led from diode dynamics.

I am looking to go stock+ with this car, and have a few requirements.

1. Wheels-these must be all year wheels ie. nothing too expensive, and used is fine. I will need to fit all weather tires on them as well. Looking to pay 1200 or less. I was thinking the 19" coupe wheels then I saw the 370z sport ray wheels people had been putting on. Any opinion on these two? What other options do I have for wheels? Also is it possible to fit 20's and all season tires?

2. Coilovers? I want kw v3, but no go on the awd. BC Racing? I want a close to stock ride with these. Price should be 1600 or less.

3. Exhaust. I would like slightly louder than stock, look good, and give performance gains. Those three things are in the order of importance. I would like to spend $1500 or less on this.

Any help is appreciated. I will also be adding a 12" sub in the trunk. I will add a new grill though I am not sure which yet. PRobably some other things as well. My net mod though after windows will be the 12" and amp, and grouning kit install. AFter that I will get to everything else.

Finally, where can I get all this stuff installed. Don't say ask friends, I don't have any. I have no idea literally where to go. Do I look up the super expensive Tuner places locally? OR can Sears do this work?
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (10-02-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrogant
I need help from you guys picking out my car parts. I have a black on black sedan AWD. I was originaly going to go all out, and have an all black car with like 20" gunmetal Vossens. I will probably keep this car 18 months or less so I realized financially it was dumb to buy everything I wanted. This being said I still want to buy a few items and I need help as after I have read over the past few weeks I realize there are more options than i know. I have a window tinting appointment set already, and have ordered interior led from diode dynamics. I am looking to go stock+ with this car, and have a few requirements. 1. Wheels-these must be all year wheels ie. nothing too expensive, and used is fine. I will need to fit all weather tires on them as well. Looking to pay 1200 or less. I was thinking the 19" coupe wheels then I saw the 370z sport ray wheels people had been putting on. Any opinion on these two? What other options do I have for wheels? Also is it possible to fit 20's and all season tires? 2. Coilovers? I want kw v3, but no go on the awd. BC Racing? I want a close to stock ride with these. Price should be 1600 or less. 3. Exhaust. I would like slightly louder than stock, look good, and give performance gains. Those three things are in the order of importance. I would like to spend $1500 or less on this. Any help is appreciated. I will also be adding a 12" sub in the trunk. I will add a new grill though I am not sure which yet. PRobably some other things as well. My net mod though after windows will be the 12" and amp, and grouning kit install. AFter that I will get to everything else. Finally, where can I get all this stuff installed. Don't say ask friends, I don't have any. I have no idea literally where to go. Do I look up the super expensive Tuner places locally? OR can Sears do this work?
1. Coupe 19's will work just fine. They're classy but not over the top. You can pick up a good set in the classified section for around $1,000

3. Your best bet is to go with FI. Talk to Lance, 1cleanG he'll get you set up.

Where do you live?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I'd look into the Fortune 500 coilovers, here's Lukes thread on them
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...group-buy.html

Be sure to carefully select wheels & tires w/ your AWD setup, you must have almost zero variance w/ a staggered set. The 370 wheels are best left for RWD setups since getting a stretched rear tires' diameter can be tough to predict the actual rolling diameter.

The coupe 19s would be a better plan than the 370z sets.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Arrogant

So two additional things. I am in Ohio, and I will be getting all rears for any setup I get, not going staggered on the car even if that makes it harder to buy wheels.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:37 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
So two additional things. I am in Ohio, and I will be getting all rears for any setup I get, not going staggered on the car even if that makes it harder to buy wheels.
Check out the Ohio G Club on Facebook. They have a lot of information on recommended installers.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Arrogant

Tried checking them out, but I don't even do the whole facebook thing so maybe I will figure something out with that later. I did get a recomendation from someone regarding a shop so I will check with that shop first.

I got all of the LED's installed, except for the City Lights. It is going to be a while until I do those. I went around checking out car audio this weekend, and I am going to probably spend more on that then I intended. I think I am actually going to go with 2 12's with a false wall covering the box wrapped in either carpet on viynl. That is going to be the next mod after my windows are tinted next week. After that It is on to the wheels, which I decided to for sure go with the 19" coupe wheels. I am going to still attempt to go with the 4x4 set but maybe I get staggered, we will see. I hope by the end of November that I will have car audio, wheels, tires, and coilovers, and by the end of the year I add an exhaust and grill to that list.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

You might post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the classifieds stating you want a square set of coupe 19s, there's been a few that wanted the same thing so you might find someone to share a couple sets and one take the fronts and one take the rears off each set to make 2 square setups.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Arrogant

I will do that. I just ordered the GTR button right now too. I will take some picutres after the audio install. Right now, nothing special about it.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
ScrewstonNismo

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Hey man, just wanted to offer some input on exhaust. I know it's a wall of text, but hear me out.

As you said, only keeping the car for 18 months, it's a bit dumb to dump a ton of money into it. SO. I personally, have the cheapest exhaust of them all, a muffler delete.

Straight pipes go where the muffler used to be, simple. Due to the overall exhaust length on sedans, it comes out with a nice bassy idle, but still very quiet at cruising speeds. And then, when you open it up, it screams. It's a very refined sound, not ricey and gross. It's very cheap to have done as well, ($100) and can easily be reverted to stock once your done as long as the pipes are cut and welded in the correct place, as seen here so that the mufflers could later be welded back on. (Sorry for the awful drawing.)

http://imgur.com/2Ohto6G

Here's my youtube channel with three videos giving in depth detail on what it'll sound like exactly, in the car, driving away, as well as highway cruising. (bonus underpass blasts in video pt.3)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvI...fA-i1e99-wuvMQ

Going with super cool exhaust is great and all, but you're only keeping the car for 18 months. So why not save some more money? You still get amazing sound, maybe not as crazy as FI system but still. Give it a look, I highly recommend it.

Also as a bonus - you can pick any tip you want provided that it matches the diameter of the original pipe, which is 2 1/4 inches or something like that. A quick search on the forum should yield the correct answer. I personally stuck with stock tips for the sleeper look.

Sorry for all that text! Just wanted to give my $0.02. Whatever you wind up doing, good luck, can't wait to see it
Old 10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Arrogant

I might consider that, though I must say I like seeing mufflers.

I just ordered the OEM midnight grill from Ebay, for 150 plus shipping. I wonder if I will easily be able to install that or I will need to pay someone. Once I get that in, plus the tints the outside will start coming together a little bit. Really trying to keep this as stock as possible so the midnight grill is perfect for me.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I might consider that, though I must say I like seeing mufflers.

I just ordered the OEM midnight grill from Ebay, for 150 plus shipping. I wonder if I will easily be able to install that or I will need to pay someone. Once I get that in, plus the tints the outside will start coming together a little bit. Really trying to keep this as stock as possible so the midnight grill is perfect for me.
It's a simple install, just search for "grill removal DIY" on the site.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
what part of OH? Personally, if I was keeping a car for 18 months, I wouldn't put anything on it but miles.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Arrogant

Columbus, but I am willing to travel anywhere in the state for a proper installation guy (really struggling to find a car audio place I like, traveling to Dayton to check one out this weekend). I know it is dumb, but this is the first decent car I have ever owned, and I want to a little fun. The price I paid for the car is well below what I can afford so I figure I can lose all of the money on the modifications and not really care.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:11 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Columbus, but I am willing to travel anywhere in the state for a proper installation guy (really struggling to find a car audio place I like, traveling to Dayton to check one out this weekend). I know it is dumb, but this is the first decent car I have ever owned, and I want to a little fun. The price I paid for the car is well below what I can afford so I figure I can lose all of the money on the modifications and not really care.
Someone mentioned the Ohio G Club on Facebook. Most of the members are in C-Bus and have a wealth of info and discounts that comes with a small annual membership ($10 or $20). There are quite a bit of modded Gs in the club but not sure how many X sedans.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ohiogclub/
Old 10-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Arrogant

Well today I got a lot of things done to this car. The grill, and got it tinted 15%. It is really starting to look good. Tomorrow GTR button install. Next weekend I am going to lay down some sound dampening in the trunk and the rear deck along with doing to the big 3 upgrade. Then we will get to the trunk installs. After that wheels and tires, then coilovers, then brakes, then exhaust, then I should be finished. Really trying to create a car that looks stock from the dealership.

Quick Reply: Need help building my sedan