G37 Sedan

1st pics, 1st mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 PM
MurdaManolo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
1st pics, 1st mods

Hello Everyone,
This is my second post on here, guess I should have done an intro about myself and car on the first post, but was freaking out about a problem I was having with my exhaust mod and I posted a question here and got some great feedback. Anyway here it goes, I’m 32, a Manager for a Sales Corporation in the San Fernando Valley. I bought my 2012 g37 Sedan (Premium Package) 3 months ago and paid 24k for her. She is a former lease that had 23,990 miles. As of now she has 27,500 miles and i just gave its first oil change as its new owner.
So, the first thing I did to her was get the windows tinted. Went with the private tint all the way around, but I'm considering doing a shade lighter in the front. Damn thing is so private I can't see out of it at night lol. Also added DRLs to the front bumper (city lights and Fogs will be done this week).
Next I got an Injen Short-Ram Air Intake. I really mulled over this one, I wanted a Cold air Intake originally, but given that I have little to no Mechanical experience I figured id keep it simple and went with the Short-Ram that sit right on top of the engine.
The most recent mod I did is the Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust System. This mod gave me such headaches. Luckily I picked a great shop (Coastline Motorsports) in West Hills to do the work for me. I went to Coastline with the intention to purchase a Stillen exhaust kit, but after looking at options with Coastline I somehow decided to go with a Magnaflow Exhaust Kit, which was a bad idea. Turns out with my luck, the parts I got from Magnaflow were defective. Every time I revved the engine, or hit rough patches on the road I would hear this horrific squeak coming from the exhaust. After a few tries at sorting out the issue, Coastline Motorsports returned my exhaust kit to Magnaflow. Originally Magnaflow did not want to refund me because the part is under warranty, they only wanted to replace the part. But because the guys at Coastline recommended Magnaflow, they decided to deal with Magnaflow on their own and bought me the Stillen Cat-Back exhaust kit I wanted. I couldn't be happier with the help I got from those guys. From the moment the Stillen exhaust kit was installed, the Squeaking was gone. I couldn’t be happier with the changes I noticed right away from The new exhaust kit. One, it is a lot less louder than the Magnaflow exhaust. There is hardly any droning at low rpms and when you punch the gas boy does that exhaust come to life. I love it! As my Fiancé puts it when I let her drive it, my g37 sounds like an expensive sports car and not a rice rocket.

Next I plan to get rims, paint the front grill, and either put a Diffuser or Vinyl wrap the rear bumper where the diffuser would go. Any suggestions or ideas about Diffuser/Vinyl wrapping are welcomed?
here are some pics of my car. Hope you guys like and I will post more once the mods continue.
Attached Thumbnails 1st pics, 1st mods-img_7212.jpg   1st pics, 1st mods-img_7220.jpg   1st pics, 1st mods-img_7221.jpg   1st pics, 1st mods-img_7225.jpg   1st pics, 1st mods-img_7235.jpg  

Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 PM
eatwiththeking

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I like everything on the car except for the led strips. Personally, it looks misplaced and tacky. Also what color are you trying to paint your midnight grill?
The following users liked this post:
MurdaManolo (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm surprised the lowering police here haven't told you u need to lower it.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:15 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Stillen is definitely a much better choice Magnaflow in terms of sound. In my opinion Stillen is only second to Ark I would suggest a mild drop and spacers to give this clean ride a better stance while keeping the stock look.
MurdaManolo (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:17 PM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea
I'm surprised the lowering police here haven't told you u need to lower it.
He needs to lower it! Lol, nice ride man. I'm not for the whole slammed look, just enough to get rid of wheel gap.
MurdaManolo (09-03-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 332 Likes on 253 Posts
Congrats, nice wheels, like the direction your going but please resist the urge to add on the LED strips (looks like a Pep Boys special)
MurdaManolo (09-03-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Welcome to the site, always like the split spoke factory 18s, and not as needy for a drop compared to going w/ 19s or 20s.
Enjoy the drive and thanks for the intro!
MurdaManolo (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 PM
MurdaManolo

Thanks for post. Thinking of going matte black for the grill. Don't know if ima keep the logo chrome or go with midnight white. Can't make up my mind cause I keep thinking if I do the front logo anything other than chrome I'm going to have to change the color of the back badges lol
Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks nice and clean. I am very partial to moonlight white

Question about the stillen cbe. Were they able to line up the tips perfectly?

I also got a stillen and for some reason the left tip is always a little higher. I took it to 2 places to get it adjusted. For a few days it's is fine, but then it just seems to go back to being a little higher.

Most people don't notice it, but is something that really bothers me lol.
MurdaManolo (09-03-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
It reads like you've found a very trustworthy shop. That's priceless.

Although others sound better IMO, I've always said Stillen's exhaust is the most attractive.

About the rear bumper diffuser area: some people paint, others wrap, and some buy aftermarket diffusers. I like the vinyl approach; better than plastidip, but not permanent like paint. Research "bluebat" and buy yourself a pre-cut piece of vinyl. Or look around for a local vinyl shop. Very likely your local tint-shop can help with that.

Those LED light bars in your lower grille look like someone spends way too much time at Pep Boys. If they came with the car when you bought it, I'd ditch them immediately. If you installed them... um, nevermind.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-02-2014 at 07:42 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
Blue_Batmobile (09-30-2014), MikeMorteo (09-30-2014), MurdaManolo (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Good look man, Always liked the wht, What color is the interior ? BLK!! Welcome
MurdaManolo (09-03-2014)
Old 09-03-2014, 12:35 AM
MurdaManolo

Thanks for the post. The first exhaust that went into my car (magnaflow) did that and I noticed it right away. When I would turn the car on the pipes would rattle n the vibration according to the shop were causing the ends to move around a bit so after some adjustment it would go back to uneven. I've driven around in my stillen exhaust for about 1200 miles now n haven't had any sound or rattling come from the exhaust kit and everything is still even (height n alignment). I'm pretty **** bout stuff too so I feel you man. Maybe someone else on here has experienced that, but not on this end.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM
MurdaManolo

Rochester thanks for the info. Will def research bluebat and look around for a good vinyl shop. Unfortunately the led strip wound was self inflicted saw it on another g37 with a sports bumper and pulled the trigger, but soon regretted it after lol lesson learned. Will address soon enough lol
ANMVQ the interior is stone/grey. Will post some more pics at the end of this week when more work is done
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
captainrooke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it man. Props to you already having work done. I'm working on 4 months now with my G37x Sedan and all I have done is had my JL W6 sub installed and debadged the trunk. Soon enough! Exhaust looks great btw.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:58 PM
VeXeD

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Spotless! -drl's
MurdaManolo (09-03-2014)

Quick Reply: 1st pics, 1st mods