G37 Sedan

My Straight Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:13 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
So, you’re just reiterating the mindset that as long as you can get away with it it’s OK and the hell with everyone else.

Shut up already
Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ScrewstonNismo
All I did was a muffler delete. All emissions stuff is handled by the cats. So to my knowledge, no, not illegal.
I don’t know about that. With no muffler you may be making enough noise to be illegal.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I don’t know about that. With no muffler you may be making enough noise to be illegal.
I doubt it. Most of those Harley Davidson bikes make way too much noise and they never get pulled over. And btw you have already tried to make your point and obviously no one cares what you have to say. Sorry.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
I doubt it. Most of those Harley Davidson bikes make way too much noise and they never get pulled over. And btw you have already tried to make your point and obviously no one cares what you have to say. Sorry.
I represent a silent majority so you have no standing in our opinions, especially regarding the word “silent” for which you are obviously hostile.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:04 AM
ScrewstonNismo

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Naw. It's not loud enough to be illegal. No louder than a Jag F-Type V6. The only car I know of that's loud enough to be illegal is a buddy of mine's IS300, which has straight pipes header back. You can hear the damn thing from a few miles away. Totally ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:45 AM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Lol with all due respect replying to mr cherkof only encourages his behavior further.

He's well aware of what he is doing and for whatever reason he feels compelled to continue his postings like this which has proven to be a fruitless effort long ago.

Just speculation but I suspect he simply has ample time on his hands and getting reactions from people over the internet offers him some form of entertainment.

He has to potential to provide a unique perspective but falls short in both his presentation & disposition. Honestly I get a good smirk out of his posts because I've recognized the pattern of his participation a while ago, but maybe it's just best to ignore him, try to suffocate the flames rather than fuel them. Just my IMO

And I'd still like to go muffler delete route eventually, in my research they are not a part of the emissions control design (carbon content) so not much worry their, but I also wouldn't want it too loud that it would be obnoxious (doesn't seem to be the case but really would prefer to hear in person prior to muffler removal)
Old 06-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Last night I met up with someone with 2008 G37S Coupe 6MT. Other than wheels and springs, the only modification to his car was a muffler delete. OEM shorties, OEM cats and OEM cat-back... just no mufflers. Custom modified pipes with the OEM tips welded on to them. It sounded surprisingly good. Not at all crazy loud, as I would expect. If I had to say anything critical, it's that the noise was a little raspy, depending on your perspective (behind it, next to it, at idle vs. high rev).

The point being, I think it's a valid mod.

And guys... STownSaint is spot on about Chekov. He's never helpful, always demeaning and dismissive. One of the worst trolls on this forum, and I'm not sure why Moderators put up with him.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:56 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I represent a silent majority so you have no standing in our opinions, especially regarding the word “silent” for which you are obviously hostile.
Show us what it's like to be friendly to the word "silent", and do as such.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Personal attacks are not what this site is about. To the degree I might have stooped to that sort of thing myself, I’m sorry.

But I hope the moderators allow my posts because I come from a prospective not common to this site, and perhaps being the oldest active member, in that regard I believe I have something to contribute. I know it’s irritating to the illegal mod crowd who would rather not hear it. But all they have to do is ignore me, rather than getting personal in a shabby attempt at censorship.

But I have said all I need to say here, so to your great joy I will not post any more in this thread.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
ScrewstonNismo

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
I'll be updating this thread with a new video, so I try and show y'all how they sound a bit better. Hopefully it'll work. Standby for video, will be uploading in the next couple hours.

Edit: 5:45pm Central Time - Waiting on Youtube.

Edit: Here ya'll go! Hope this helps those skeptical of the muffler delete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVP1...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ScrewstonNismo; 06-22-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Personal attacks are not what this site is about. To the degree I might have stooped to that sort of thing myself, I’m sorry.

But I hope the moderators allow my posts because I come from a prospective not common to this site, and perhaps being the oldest active member, in that regard I believe I have something to contribute. I know it’s irritating to the illegal mod crowd who would rather not hear it. But all they have to do is ignore me, rather than getting personal in a shabby attempt at censorship.

But I have said all I need to say here, so to your great joy I will not post any more in this thread.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
To keep thread together in one place please continue over here~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...te-pt-3-a.html