I need akebonoooooooooooooooooo!
Might want to give this a look Troop~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...the-cheap.html
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Neomist
Patawan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
OP, you have a RWD Sedan... but didn't say whether or not it has the Sport Package. Coilovers installed immediately on a RWD-Sport seems like a waste of a few years having an already excellent suspension. Ditto on the brakes.
Rereading my post, it does read "G37s", I should have wrote G37's (sedan RWD). I do not have an S model. So I was looking at the upgrading the brakes. Again I'm not tracking the car, but like the performance and the look. So with the non sport model would it make sense to install coilovers? I was looking at lowering about an inch once the ipl rims come in.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
What tires are you going to run on the IPL wheels?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Neomist
Patawan

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
What tires are you going to run on the IPL wheels?
225/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot AS/3
245/40ZR19 Michlein Pilot AS/3
Old 05-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Neomist
So with the non sport model would it make sense to install coilovers?
I think so, yes. Customize your ride-height front to back, and have superior handing over your non-sport suspension. Seems like a win/win.

You still want aftermarket swaybars, though. It's a must-have mod on these cars.

Why the step down with AS tires? Don't get me wrong, they're good tires. But they're not summers.

You'll have your OEM 17" wheels left-over and available for winter, if you need snows in your climate... wherever that may be. You didn't say that, either.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

why not pss or summer tires? Use your stockers for winter....get dedicated snow tires when the oem all seasons die. You're shorting yourself with all seasons.

You still want aftermarket swaybars, though. It's a must-have mod on these cars.
^^this
Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Neomist
Patawan

I think so, yes. Customize your ride-height front to back, and have superior handing over your non-sport suspension. Seems like a win/win.

Why the step down with AS tires? Don't get me wrong, they're good tires. But they're not summers.

You'll have your OEM 17" wheels left-over and available for winter, if you need snows in your climate... wherever that may be. You didn't say that, either.
It rarely snows where I am at. Maybe once every two years (most the time is doesn't stick), so the rep at discount tire recommended them to me. The Mich super sport wasn't that more expensive, he just mention that I would be replacing the rear wheels every 10-12k miles.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Neomist
Patawan

Can you recommend a decent swaybar? Sorry I this post is now going in several different directions and I'm rethinking my decisions.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
From the research I have done about sway bars, and I could be wrong, but the thicker the better. With that being said, Hotchkis seems to be the best and a favorite on the forum
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

It rarely snows where I am at. Maybe once every two years (most the time is doesn't stick), so the rep at discount tire recommended them to me. The Mich super sport wasn't that more expensive, he just mention that I would be replacing the rear wheels every 10-12k miles.
If it rarely snows, I would get summer tires. I run summers year round, all sessons are a compromise. You're about to drop $10k in mods....I wouldn't worry about replacing rear tires every year. I would suspect the lack of a LSD and staggered tires is going to kill the rears anyway.

I have eibach swaybars. I doubt there is a significant difference between the various manufactures and a millimeter or two difference.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Neomist
Patawan

Thanks for all the feedback. Let me digest all this new info. And get back you guys.

Thanks again,

Justin
Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Do your own research to figure out what sway bars and mods to buy. Researching is the best way to make a educated purchase. On that note, I'll be buying Hotchkis soon, adjust ability from soft to hard is what I'm looking for.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Can you recommend a decent swaybar?
I strongly feel there's really no difference. Or at least, the differences are splitting hairs in a way that few people would notice unless they were tuning their suspension for a road track. And lets face it, this isn't the right car for that hobby. At least, not on a regular basis.

Hotchkis seems to be the best value, based solely on anecdotal evidence here on the forum.

Sorry I this post is now going in several different directions and I'm rethinking my decisions.
No, that's a good thing. Slow down, and make good decisions based on long research. That's part of the fun, IMO. Truth is, I go years without actually implementing a mod that was planned on. Hell, my plans are year over year, from the day it was bought and assuming 7 to 8 years of ownership. But that's just me. If you have 10K burning a hole in your pocket, and you have to spend it all at once... then that's you, and good luck making good choices.

There is no definitive right or wrong, just different approaches, and force of personality when asking strangers for advice.

In that context, $3500 on a BBK, but no sways or cats... that seems wrong.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nishfish871
Do your own research to figure out what sway bars and mods to buy. Researching is the best way to make a educated purchase. On that note, I'll be buying Hotchkis soon, adjust ability from soft to hard is what I'm looking for.
I think all the available sway bars are adjustable

Quick Reply: After hours of research purchasing these mods