G37 Sedan

Love my dealers customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
.....the car towed to Ray Catena of Edison I was supposed to get a loaner, that never happened....
Bad move!

Ray Catena sucks. They are much closer to me than Circle Infiniti but I saved over $3k on my G35. On parts prices Ray Catena is as bad as Infiniti of Palm Beach.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:50 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Aw crap. I apologize already.

Doesn't mean I won't roll my eyes again at something you're sure to say, but this wasn't it. Stupid humble pie.
Perhaps you were just sniffing the wrong grade of gasoline and having a bad day?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Aw crap. I apologize already.

Doesn't mean I won't roll my eyes again at something you're sure to say, but this wasn't it. Stupid humble pie.
Originally Posted by telcoman
Perhaps you were just sniffing the wrong grade of gasoline and having a bad day?
This'll be interesting...

Old 05-05-2014, 09:37 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
^I've experienced some poor treatment that I'm convinced was due to my age (I look young too), I don't take things like that personally, just move on to another place (which is what I did when buying the car)

Infiniti of Tysons is pretty solid, my SA also drives a 6MT sedan so he takes car of me (so far only for oil change).

Befriending a SA, or even better a tech, is really a great relationship to build, saved me lots of $$$ and headaches over the years.

And lol at Rochester taking shots at Telco, I swear this guy get his jimmies rustled every time he posts
When I was 18 I decided to buy a new car for myself and was looking at the IS300, C230, 330i. The MB and BMW dealer treated me like crap but the Lexus dealer treated me like any other customer and ultimately you can guess which brand I decided to go with at the time.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:27 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by PERMAT
Thanks for the recommendation. I would not have thought to look northeast to find a dealer to drain/refill my transmission (was mulling between the nearby Hoffman Infiniti or Berman's in Orland.

Your post got me motivated to research what was said by others on Yelp. Learned my local dealership (Hoffman) has had bad service reviews (accusations of incompetence and trying to up charge service). I liked that someone at Glencoe has been responding to reviews on Yelp also (similar to how vendors do here).
Nice. You'll like it there. Get a cafe voucher too and have a panini and some soup while you're at it.

And the ice cream is AMAZING. Some place in Wilmette or Winnetka (always get those two confused) makes it.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
I need to move to Chicago. I absolutely love it out there.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:09 PM
kevinsx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its nice to know Infiniti's great service still exist. My dealer refused to fix my speedometer rattling under warranty the moment they found out i DIY my paddle shifter. Back then,i didnt know better so i agreed to pay. Now I dont know where to go to have my transmission reprogrammed (they would put my head on a stick because of my intake and exhaust)
Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

I usually have pretty good service with my dealership but this time around I wasn't too happy.

I took my G in to have a few things checked out under warranty before it expires.

Me: Transmission shifts rough from a rolling start.
Dealer: No problem found
It did it as I was leaving...

Me: Automatic wipers will come on at full speed when it's raining even when it's barely raining.
Dealer: Wipers are working correctly. Only one speed.

Me: Intelligent Cruise Control Malfunction light came on during trip.
Dealer: Malfunction light came on 49 starts ago. Laser was blocked. Probably from car being lowered.

Me: Slight vibration is felt at highway speeds from rear tires
Dealer: Aftermarket spacers are the cause.
Me: No spacers installed on rear wheels.
Dealer: Car is lowered on stiffer springs, customer is feeling bumps in the road.

Me: Moderate vibration during braking.
Dealer: Customer has spacers installed.

Me: Car idles rough upon start up.
Dealer: Customer has aftermarket intakes installed.

I haven't had this much trouble with my dealership before about my mods. It's starting to get very frustrating. I've noticed that if I bring my car in for any issues and they see that there is an aftermarket part installed anywhere near the issue they automatically blame that mod and won't investigate any further.

Last edited by '11G37S; 05-06-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
I usually have pretty good service with my dealership but this time around I wasn't too happy.

I took my G in to have a few things checked out under warranty veggie it expires.

Me: Transmission shifts rough from a rolling start.
Dealer: No problem found
It did it as I was leaving...

Me: Automatic wipers will come on at full speed when it's raining even when it's barely raining.
Dealer: Wipers are working correctly. Only one speed.

Me: Intelligent Cruise Control Malfunction light came on during trip.
Dealer: Malfunction light came on 49 starts ago. Laser was blocked. Probably from car being lowered.

Me: Slight vibration is felt at highway speeds din rear tires
Dealer: Aftermarket spacers are the cause.
Me: No spacers installed on rear wheels.
Dealer: Car is lowered on stiffer springs, customer is feeling bumps in the road.

Me: Moderate vibration during braking.
Dealer: Customer has spacers installed.

Me: Car idles rough upon start up.
Dealer: Customer has aftermarket intakes installed.

I haven't had this much trouble with my dealership before about my mods. It's starting to get very frustrating. I've noticed that if I bring my car in for any issues and they see that there is an aftermarket pay installed anywhere near the issue they automatically blame that mod and won't investigate any further.
Time to try out another dealership, that's beyond ridiculous when they try to get away with finding and fixing the problem and instead they blame any aftermarket part to be the cause of the issue which clearly has nothing to do with it.. I had that happen to me when I had to get my car towed to the closest dealership (when the brake pedal got out of the adjustment) the D-bag service advisor tried to blame my brake issue on my aftermarket exhaust, I simply LOL'd and made him feel stupid about his statement. Then I decided to try out the #1 infiniti dealer in NJ , maybe twice as far but definitely worth it so far.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S

Time to try out another dealership, that's beyond ridiculous when they try to get away with finding and fixing the problem and instead they blame any aftermarket part to be the cause of the issue which clearly has nothing to do with it.. I had that happen to me when I had to get my car towed to the closest dealership (when the brake pedal got out of the adjustment) the D-bag service advisor tried to blame my brake issue on my aftermarket exhaust, I simply LOL'd and made him feel stupid about his statement. Then I decided to try out the #1 infiniti dealer in NJ , maybe twice as far but definitely worth it so far.
I received a call about an hour after my previous post from the service manager along be to give him a call back on his personal cell phone. I called him and he said that the parts manager over heard the conversation between the service advisor and myself and said that the service advisor was not very professional towards me and wanted to apologize. He said the PM heard the SA start off the conversation with me by saying "looks like 8/8 issues you brought the car in for couldn't be replicated or fixed due to aftermarket parts". I told him that since the new SA had started working there the professionalism had started dropping. The previous SA who ended up transferring to the Infiniti dealership in Atlanta was probably the best SA I have ever dealt with.

Any way long story short the SM wants me to wait a couple of days to see if the problems persist and then give him a call. If they continue to happen then he wants to get involved in trying to get them resolved. He did mention that the master tech that worked on my car has absolutely no patience for aftermarket parts and trying to find the route cause behind the issues.

We'll see how this plays out.

Last edited by '11G37S; 05-07-2014 at 12:37 AM.