G37 Sedan

Love my dealers customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
We left with a couple of bottles of water, a muffin, some cookies, and the cabin filters that I went there for.
Who pays dealership prices for a freaking cabin filter?

Who actually pays a dealership to install a cabin filter?

The mind reels at people impressed with "free" water. OMG, dude... Please make sense someday on this forum.

Cute pic of your grand kid, though. Can't deny that. But that's it.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

The mind reels at people impressed with "free" water. OMG, dude... Please make sense someday on this forum.

Cute pic of your grand kid, though. Can't deny that. But that's it.
Keep in mind there are those that would rather have someone else do any work to their cars. Either they're not mechanically inclined, scared they may void a warranty, might make things worse, don't have the time, want to keep good mojo w/ the dealer, have money to burn, like free water, whatever. I love getting to know all I can about my car and getting dirty is half the fun, but it's not for everybody.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Your point, if I can paraphrase, is that it's all relative. Fair enough, and often my own advice. To my own detriment, it's going to drive me insane trying to make sense of this guy and his bizarro world.

Brad, feel free to delete these three posts. I'm unsubbed and apologize for the OT rant.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:07 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Your point, if I can paraphrase, is that it's all relative. Fair enough, and often my own advice. To my own detriment, it's going to drive me insane trying to make sense of this guy and his bizarro world.

Brad, feel free to delete these three posts. I'm unsubbed and apologize for the OT rant.
That was hardly a "rant". Just your opinion on topic. I agree, but it's due mostly to the fact that I view the world through the eyes of the capable. I refuse to pay someone else to do something I can do. Hell, it's a hobby for me to find things to "tinker" on. I look foreward to finding **** "to do".

They give free waters away at my doctors office. Plus, they have comfy leather seats in the waiting room.... I still hate going there though!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:41 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
With my Infiniti discount they were less than $15.00 a piece for OEM filters

I don't know. I don't!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3774050-post117.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3618044-post102.html

It only took me 10 minutes to replace my cabin filter

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 05-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (05-04-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 04:15 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I bought an activated carbon filter for $20 off of Ebay. It took the smokers smell out of my G, so I was happy.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Telcoman, nice to see the dealers giving good deals on those cabin filters, also nice to see you DIY the install. I guess that water really was free
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

With my Infiniti discount they were less than $15.00 a piece for OEM filters
I don't know. I don't!

It only took me 10 minutes to replace my cabin filter
Aw crap. I apologize already.

Doesn't mean I won't roll my eyes again at something you're sure to say, but this wasn't it. Stupid humble pie.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by AUR11
Almost bought a car from them, but I ended up picking mine from Lexus of Orland because fields didn't have any xS sedans at the time, Lexus of Orland was great to deal with as well and made me confident buying a car without ever seeing it.
That's never a bad thing! Congrats to you!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PERMAT
Thanks for the recommendation. I would not have thought to look northeast to find a dealer to drain/refill my transmission (was mulling between the nearby Hoffman Infiniti or Berman's in Orland.

Your post got me motivated to research what was said by others on Yelp. Learned my local dealership (Hoffman) has had bad service reviews (accusations of incompetence and trying to up charge service). I liked that someone at Glencoe has been responding to reviews on Yelp also (similar to how vendors do here).
I bought my car at Infiniti of Lisle. They were great up until they moved to Naperville. When that happened, their service pulled a 180 and sucked. Started taking my car to Infiniti of Clarendon Hills. 100000x better service. Mike Harlow is one of the best service writers I've ever dealt with.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Circle Infiniti. West Long Branch, New Jersey

Best dealership I've ever dealt with.

My 2 1/2 year old grandson agrees also.

We left with a couple of bottles of water, a muffin, some cookies, and the cabin filters that I went there for.

Telcoman
Definitely gotta agree on that one ! I recently took my car there for the first time after doing some research online about the best Infiniti dealership in NJ via dealerrater.com , Circle Infiniti came up #1 for all given categories including service... so as I mentioned above I took my car there 2 weeks ago, for an oil change, windshield cowl noise and power steering noise... ( have been experiencing issues with transmission but I haven't mentioned that during that visit when dropping off my car) then the same day I dropped off the car I got a call from the service advisor telling me they took the car for a drive, definitely found the issue with power steering which was caused by the power steering pump... then they found an issue with the transmission when put into 1st , some noise not exactly sure ( but from my experience gear shifts were so inconsistent on my car especially 1st and 2nd - seemed like bad synchros to me) and there was some chatter when put in neutral and released the clutch pedal...

so without me even mentioning transmission issues... they went ahead and informed me about it and ordered and replaced my faulty transmission with a new one all under warranty which totally shocked me because that's something unlike any other dealership would do, instead they would most likely deny any issues and would not be willing to replace it under warranty.. they also noticed I needed new exhaust gaskets so went ahead and ordered those and didn't even charge me for those ! all I paid for was the oil change and they had no issues with couple of my bolt on mods (SRIs,CBE,HFCs)

That being said that is definitely #1 dealer to go to for anyone within a reasonable distance... I can definitely justify that 40-45 minute drive there just for the fact that I had the pleasure to deal with a professional and wasn't treated any worse ( like at Ray Catena of Edison) perhaps due to my age of being 21 and being able to afford my car all by myself...
Old 05-04-2014, 11:48 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 332 Likes on 253 Posts
^I've experienced some poor treatment that I'm convinced was due to my age (I look young too), I don't take things like that personally, just move on to another place (which is what I did when buying the car)

Infiniti of Tysons is pretty solid, my SA also drives a 6MT sedan so he takes car of me (so far only for oil change).

Befriending a SA, or even better a tech, is really a great relationship to build, saved me lots of $$$ and headaches over the years.

And lol at Rochester taking shots at Telco, I swear this guy get his jimmies rustled every time he posts
Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
^I've experienced some poor treatment that I'm convinced was due to my age (I look young too), I don't take things like that personally, just move on to another place (which is what I did when buying the car)

Infiniti of Tysons is pretty solid, my SA also drives a 6MT sedan so he takes car of me (so far only for oil change).

Befriending a SA, or even better a tech, is really a great relationship to build, saved me lots of $$$ and headaches over the years.

And lol at Rochester taking shots at Telco, I swear this guy get his jimmies rustled every time he posts
well I didn't take that personally but when I had an issue with my brakes when they locked up( turned out that the brake pedal came out of the adjustment,nobody knew how) and had to get the car towed to Ray Catena of Edison I was supposed to get a loaner, that never happened and on top of that the guy I had to deal with on saturday afternoon, was a rude, unprofessional D-bag and made a statement regarding my mods ( the only obvious one was the catback exhaust ) that it may have something to do with the brakes... I told him too, that he can not be serious at that point... and he shut up
Old 05-05-2014, 01:57 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Since we are chiming in here about our Infiniti dealership experiences, here are mine.

Bought the car basically over the phone from Kuni Westside Infiniti, near Seattle, WA. Flew down, drove the car back. Dealership is very nice, all the staff very friendly and laid back. Overall great experience. Bought Jan of this year.

Other experience is here in Las Vegas, with Park Place Infiniti. Went in for my first oil change and also had to get a new keyfob remote programmed. The full synthetic oil change with Mobil 1, top off all fluids, do inspection, and a car wash for $69. Which I thought was a decent price. By the time I buy all the oil change stuff I need, I would be close to $60 anyway.
Sadly, I had to pay $140 to get the keyfob programmed.
Overall good experience, was helped right away, staff was nice and professional.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:41 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint

You think?

Quick Reply: Love my dealers customer service