G37 Sedan

minor interior changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:53 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
minor interior changes

I have the armrest/hand brake/shiftboot replaced. I still have to finish my padded steering wheel (alcantara and perforated leather). After that I would like to get the headliner in alcantara or something similar. I also noticed that the center console area looks really sad.

The following users liked this post:
Black Betty (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I like it. It looks real good almost factory. I hate how my arm always becomes sticky on the leather armrest this seems like it would take care of that issue. Are you making a DIY?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:08 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cecrops
I like it. It looks real good almost factory. I hate how my arm always becomes sticky on the leather armrest this seems like it would take care of that issue. Are you making a DIY?
sorry, I am awful with sewing and stuff. I actually purchased these items from Redline Goods but the armrest is a one-off. I actually sent my armrest to freakin' Poland to have it padded and covered with Alcantara. It's a long story but I tried to find local shops that could do what I wanted with no success.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Looks great. I've been kicking around the idea of ordering from Redline for quite a while and also considering sending my stuff off to a place here in the States that does custom leather during the turbo install down time (if shytty GTM every decides to bother with sending me any parts for the $6K I gave them last August ). Any pics of the shift boot? Did you order the steering wheel wrap/padding through them too? Are you going to send it off to one of their recommended vendors to wrap it or DIY?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Looks great. I've been kicking around the idea of ordering from Redline for quite a while and also considering sending my stuff off to a place here in the States that does custom leather during the turbo install down time (if shytty GTM every decides to bother with sending me any parts for the $6K I gave them last August ). Any pics of the shift boot? Did you order the steering wheel wrap/padding through them too? Are you going to send it off to one of their recommended vendors to wrap it or DIY?
The shift boot looks/fits pretty good.

Yes, I ordered the padding and the wrap from them as well. Even though Redline is quick to respond and clear up mistakes, they are still in Poland. The first "cover" for the armrest was unsatisfactory as it actually covered up the release button. I sent them my armrest and they created the new armrest. Also the steering wheel cover was not as ordered. I tried to clarify the order multiple times but it was still wrong. They also wouldn't cross-ship the replacements so I just received the remainder of my order that was placed in December.
Black Betty (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
What problems with the wheel cover if you don't mind my asking? I'm familiar with them and know they're in Poland. I ordered some stuff for a previous car from them years ago. I didn't have any issues with a pretty routine order. I do wish they were closer or that you could have phone communication, but it is what it is.

Also, is is difficult to attach the boot to the underside of the silver trim piece around the base of the boot? With your shift **** did you need to use the white plastic disc that's around the shifter shaft below the ****?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
What problems with the wheel cover if you don't mind my asking? I'm familiar with them and know they're in Poland. I ordered some stuff for a previous car from them years ago. I didn't have any issues with a pretty routine order. I do wish they were closer or that you could have phone communication, but it is what it is.

Also, is is difficult to attach the boot to the underside of the silver trim piece around the base of the boot? With your shift **** did you need to use the white plastic disc that's around the shifter shaft below the ****?
I ordered an Alcantara/Perf. Nappa Leather cover and was sent Leather/Perf. Leather cover.
It's not difficult to attach the shift boot but the old boot was sandwiched between the silver trim and a plastic ring and glued in so I ripped a little of the old boot. Also some of the holes in the new boot didn't quite match up with the silver trim / plastic ring but all that isn't visible and still securely stays in place once everything is re-assembled.
I did not use the white plastic ring.
Black Betty (04-30-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 04:04 PM
rks
Registered Member

bump, added picture of Alcantara/Perf. Nappa wheel. Pricing out headliner and pillars in suede/Alcantara.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice job, really liking the overall look, makes it look much more upscale & sport oriented.
Might want to look into that Leatherique conditioner for your seats, Rochester swears by the stuff.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:22 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
redline does some good stuff too bad they are out of Poland tho lol

I didn't know that until I ordered my one of my shift boots which was way too big guess I over estimated how much bigger I wanted it lol

Those redone interior parts look sweet!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice job, really liking the overall look, makes it look much more upscale & sport oriented.
Might want to look into that Leatherique conditioner for your seats, Rochester swears by the stuff.
I have the Leatherique and have used it a couple times. Do my seats look that bad?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
Do my seats look that bad?
I'm sorry, but yes... your driver's seat is awful, and only a 2011, too. It's the kind of thing that creeps up on you if you don't have a point of reference.

Also, contact Chris at LatheWerks.com. He can make you a custom boot ring, in either SS or Titanium, for under your NISMO ****. It will look so much better than that aluminum ring you found at the hardware store. I've got a titanium ring sitting on my desk right now, waiting for tomorrow night's install. It's very pretty.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-07-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 PM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm sorry, but yes... your driver's seat is awful, and only a 2011, too. It's the kind of thing that creeps up on you if you don't have a point of reference.

Also, contact Chris at LatheWerks.com. He can make you a custom boot ring, in either SS or Titanium, for under your NISMO ****. It will look so much better than that aluminum ring you found at the hardware store. I've got a titanium ring sitting on my desk right now, waiting for tomorrow night's install. It's very pretty.
How much was the ring? Ironically the Lowes ring looked better than the Ztoyz Aluminum one but I'm using the OEM know right now anyway.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
How much was the ring? Ironically the Lowes ring looked better than the Ztoyz Aluminum one but I'm using the OEM know right now anyway.
Chris only gave me a quote for the whole package shipped, **** & ring.

Installation is tomorrow night, (because of the 2-person dance to remove the OEM ****). So it's been sitting on my desk for the last 3 days. Here's a pic... solid titanium, tear-drop, clean brushed finish without any markings. Pretty hefty weight, titanium notwithstanding.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
The steering wheel looks great was it a cover or did you replace your OEM steering wheel wrap?

Quick Reply: minor interior changes