G37 Sedan

g37: service engine soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
eatwiththeking

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I definitely won't be mentioning the dropped socket (not bolt, I wrote it wrong) lol. And I hope its just a dirty MAF sensor, but the car is less then a month old so don't know how that would happen. I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If your car is less than a month old, dirty MAF sensor is very unlikely but I guess it's possible. A vacuum leak is more likely. Check as best as you can for vacuum leaks. Try first to listen for them with the engine running. If you can't hear it anywhere, you could use thick smoke in the engine bay to see the source or try spraying all known vacuum hose connections with starter fluid. If it sucks it in, the engine will stumble or die. There is your leak.

You were removing your grille - what else did you remove or mess with under the hood? Possible you didn't connect something back correctly?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
eatwiththeking

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If your car is less than a month old, dirty MAF sensor is very unlikely but I guess it's possible. A vacuum leak is more likely. Check as best as you can for vacuum leaks. Try first to listen for them with the engine running. If you can't hear it anywhere, you could use thick smoke in the engine bay to see the source or try spraying all known vacuum hose connections with starter fluid. If it sucks it in, the engine will stumble or die. There is your leak.

You were removing your grille - what else did you remove or mess with under the hood? Possible you didn't connect something back correctly?
I removed the grill and while doing so, I had to remove a couple of wires that were locked into the black plastic lid that covers the front portion of the engine bay. There were two cables in total that I had to remove from the plastic lid. The error code did say a vacuum leak may be a source. I hope I didn't botch anything up while putting on and off the grill. I really hope my warranty will cover this. I'm so scared now.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
if you have a laptop go to ebay and buy an obd2 cable for it it will read and tell you whats wrong on the go you can also check all of the sensors and erase check engine light(only do it if youre aware of the problem). It also comes for android phone I check my friends cars all the time with it. only $20
The following users liked this post:
eatwiththeking (05-01-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
eatwiththeking

Originally Posted by RPG11
if you have a laptop go to ebay and buy an obd2 cable for it it will read and tell you whats wrong on the go you can also check all of the sensors and erase check engine light(only do it if youre aware of the problem). It also comes for android phone I check my friends cars all the time with it. only $20
I already had the code read by autozone, I don't know if all autozones do it for free but the one in my town did. The code read as a p0101, and they gave me a little receipt with it written lol. I googled the cable you were talking about and it's something i'll definitely look into. thanks
Old 05-03-2014, 02:16 PM
eatwiththeking

Brought the car in today and they found the problem. On the paper they gave me, it mentioned the code p2135. I was covered under the warranty and they replaced the electrical throttle control actuator. I can rest easy, and thank you for all the help and inputs.