G37 Sedan

Bolt on G37x sedan 7at vs 370Z 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Razorr
However from what you wrote about your friend you should be able to easily take him 'cause it seems like he isn't a good driver.
The sarcasm is strong in Razorr.

OP, when cars are evenly matched, it does come down to the driver, but mostly that applies to the dragstrip, where experience, timing and nerves matter more than a few HP give or take on similar cars. The street is a completely different matter. Usually what wins on the street is Crazy. The person willing to do whatever it takes to win the moment, regardless of consequences to their car, their safety, or the safety of others... that's the one who usually wins. Moreover, that's the one you should just let win, and walk away.

People who hit up the dragstrip have more point of reference than I do for this opinion. It's been 30 years since I took a car to a dragstrip. As for street racing, well... You'll grow out of that (mostly).

My advice is to have fun with your friend when you're both on the road, but avoid actually racing one another in any situation where there's traffic. It's dangerous, man. But if you do want a straight up drag race, do it proper, with a starter and a measured quarter mile on an abandoned road. Give yourself plenty of space between one another, and make sure you're both cool with the whole thing. Also, practice alone beforehand.

Personally, I think your question is lame, and spending time caring about who's car is faster is just childish. But I've also been there in the long long ago, so I thought I'd give you some actual advice instead of just mock you. But I'll do that do, because car forum.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-20-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Good luck with getting 310 BWHP. As for the show down, do yourself a favor and keep it off the streets. I did and absolutely whooped a 370Z....Twice
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 AM
G37Genova

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I do have a little paul walker sticker on my back quarter panel window that should give my car +50whp
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 AM
DeepRumble

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rochester
The sarcasm is strong in Razorr.

OP, when cars are evenly matched, it does come down to the driver, but mostly that applies to the dragstrip, where experience, timing and nerves matter more than a few HP give or take on similar cars. The street is a completely different matter. Usually what wins on the street is Crazy. The person willing to do whatever it takes to win the moment, regardless of consequences to their car, their safety, or the safety of others... that's the one who usually wins. Moreover, that's the one you should just let win, and walk away.

People who hit up the dragstrip have more point of reference than I do for this opinion. It's been 30 years since I took a car to a dragstrip. As for street racing, well... You'll grow out of that (mostly).

My advice is to have fun with your friend when you're both on the road, but avoid actually racing one another in any situation where there's traffic. It's dangerous, man. But if you do want a straight up drag race, do it proper, with a starter and a measured quarter mile on an abandoned road. Give yourself plenty of space between one another, and make sure you're both cool with the whole thing. Also, practice alone beforehand.

Personally, I think your question is lame, and spending time caring about who's car is faster is just childish. But I've also been there in the long long ago, so I thought I'd give you some actual advice instead of just mock you. But I'll do that do, because car forum.
Right on the money here. If you go to the track then it will be a drivers race for sure. If he isnt a great driver you will most likely win as there are more chances for him to screw up with the manual. As mentioned above a lot goes into racing at the track i.e the lights and nerves were that really doesn't matter on the street. Bring him to the track and do it the right way.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I'll have some insight on this in the Spring. I buddy of mine has a fully bolted 370, I'm going to have I;E. We both will have tunes, His will be local mines going to be with Motion Lab, and we are going to run the cars and see what happens. I think I'm going to get killed cause he has headers( Stillen tho) But we'll see.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Im pretty sure you could beat him with that.. the only factor that concerns me if that yours is AWD which adds more weight

By the Numbers: 2014 Infiniti Q50, G37, and G35 Sedans

note that they state for the G37x: Quarter-Mile: 13.9 sec @ 100.5 mph

vs the G37's RWD 13.5 sec @ 105.3 mph

Search youtube videos of stock G37 VS 370Z. If your friend really is not about cars he will probably suck at shifting

EDIT: missed this post

Originally Posted by G37Genova
I do have a little paul walker sticker on my back quarter panel window that should give my car +50whp
you wont need any other mod after this one to win.

Last edited by alfredo24pr; 03-20-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm pretty sure with those mods you'll beat him. Like previously stated he'll probably miss a shift. Since he's not a car guy I bet he'll also have problems with his launch. You have an X with AT. Traction plus control are in your corner.

PS: Find some nice straight back roads and practice your launch and running through the gears. When you get up to 100 mgh things get a little scary.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
So what exactly does beating your buddy prove? That he cant drive stick?? You might as well race from a roll too, and take launch out of the equation.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:32 PM
G37Genova

so I saw my buddy at a stop light (unplanned) and he missed 3rd..... It wasnt even close and all I have is an ARK catback no tune or anything else yet. I wonder what mods are G sedans would need to beat a stock 370z if both drive perfectly though which is what my real question was, I suspect a full bolt on tuned G would out run a Stock 370 just my thoughts
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
If you feel it's necessary to be beating your friends and random people with power and speed, you deserve not to have a license.

Impress people with a visually appealing vehicle, one that turns heads and sounds great - not speeding by like a jackass.
The following users liked this post:
samuel1021 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Genova
so I saw my buddy at a stop light (unplanned) and he missed 3rd..... It wasnt even close and all I have is an ARK catback no tune or anything else yet. I wonder what mods are G sedans would need to beat a stock 370z if both drive perfectly though which is what my real question was, I suspect a full bolt on tuned G would out run a Stock 370 just my thoughts
I wonder if Batman could take Wonder Woman if she weren't wearing her magic belt and bracelets.

Either way, it's something I'd like to see. And as far as being a worthy hypothetical exercise, it's about equal to this thread.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:36 PM
G37Genova

Btw it was on a two lane road part of a highway with no one else around so the only people who could get hurt would be my dumbass self or the dumbass in the other car

I dont mess around with other peoples well being.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 PM
G37Genova

Havent been to a actual street race in over 2 years im only 20 (21 in April) I agree with not racing off the track but every once an while i like to go fast. I dont smoke or gamble and drink seldomly so id say i should have 1 vise

I really wanna track race problem is the closest track is 3 hours away.....

If youre from Mass youd understand
Old 03-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
The 370 wins at what should be most important for a 21 year old college student--attracting tail. No girl at that age is going to care about a bolt on G37x.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:46 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
any pics of this 21-yr old college student with bolt-ons? that's my takeaway from this thread.

/thread
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (03-24-2014)

Quick Reply: Bolt on G37x sedan 7at vs 370Z 6mt