G37 Sedan

Auf Wiedersehen

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Funny, but you know... the Genesis Coupe isn't really that different than the G-Coupe. And as far as comparisons to the G-Sedan, if the KIA Optima had RWD and a 300+ hp 6MT, I'd probably own one. Damn car still makes me stop and watch every time I see it.

However, to your point, the Genesis Coupe has a build quality that doesn't stand up to inspection, and the Optima is FWD garbage.
I was mostly kidding, since I know Hyundai is a swear word around these parts

I do agree with you though....everything looks good on the outside but once you own it and deal with it, not so much.

Someone near me has a decked out Optima....REALLY nice car (all black, dark tints, etc), but there is just no matching the G drivetrain, even in AWD form. Took mine out over the weekend and its just a joy to get a little drift before the AWD kicks in. I might actually try it in the upcoming snow, since it hasnt seen snow in 2 yrs.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:42 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

And as far as comparisons to the G-Sedan, if the KIA Optima had RWD and a 300+ hp 6MT, I'd probably own one. Damn car still makes me stop and watch every time I see it.
Agreed. I almost bought one but they wanted me to pay over MSRP for one that was a dealer demo with 800 miles on it. I told them I wouldn't do it and their comment was that's fine someone will. I walked out and bought my first G. I know the G was a better choice.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I would consider a Genesis sedan, in 5.0 R-Spec configuration, if it offered a 6mt.
^This, the Sedan is SO much nicer than the coupe, much better interior quality, NVH, etc. Although the new 2015 leaked shots I've seen they've "uglied" the front end, I guess that's the hot trend right now
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
^^^^
Any Journey owners here looking at those new Genny wheels and seeing something familiar?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:15 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I test drove a Genesis sedan and the Equus. Garbage.... The PLASTIC fuel door was as thin as a CD. Both cars made me feel like I was getting into an aerodynamic Lego. I don't care what the specs. look like. The cars FEEL very cheaply made. I was not impressed at all. My wife even had the same feelings, and thats saying a lot.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
^^^^
Any Journey owners here looking at those new Genny wheels and seeing something familiar?
My 17'' OEMs are almost identical....
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM
mtech369
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2 best korean exports to the rest of the globe

1. televisions

2. young girls working at happy ending massage parlors and whorehouses
trying to pay off their plastic surgery bill with their little warm box

a buddy of mine worked as a tech at a hyundai dealer and he swore those cars were some of the worst pieces of c*r^a'p on the road. even the genesis and equus were junk. wiring harness would crack and break apart due to heat from engine compartment and then wires would short out due to exposure. i do have to give them some credit because they have come along way from the crap they used to put out over 10 years ago. at least there is some improvement.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:47 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by mtech369
1. televisions 2. young girls working at happy ending massage parlors and whorehouses trying to pay off their plastic surgery bill with their little warm box a buddy of mine worked as a tech at a hyundai dealer and he swore those cars were some of the worst pieces of c*r^a'p on the road. even the genesis and equus were junk. wiring harness would crack and break apart due to heat from engine compartment and then wires would short out due to exposure. i do have to give them some credit because they have come along way from the crap they used to put out over 10 years ago. at least there is some improvement.

Dude....what the ****?
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (02-04-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 09:02 PM
mtech369
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just messing around

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Dude....what the ****?

take it easy. i see i got a knee jerk reaction out of you.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 PM
CrackHeadMonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AUR11
That's funny, I went from a Lexus to a g37, the g37 has a ton of noise, stalls on startups and the transmission can't make up it's mind and hesitates a lot. I'm definitely going back to my quiet 100% reliable Lexus products after a couple of years. I just don't see this car holding up at all in the long run. I also drove the crap out of my IS and did track days and auto cross and it never once had an issue after 130k miles on the odometer and never once went in for a warranty claim, which has not been my experience with the g37.

Ditto bro

I also had Lexus IS's and still do and G coupe S then this sedan. But the sedan had so many creeks, cracks, freeking windshield knockn, doing what ever and worst as time progressed.... my right knee hitting center console making it creek even more. ash tray always making noise. under dash board was makings whatever noise, noise everywhere hahaha, passenger air bag light always on, no matter who's sitting in there. back brakes squealing now for a few weeks. the wind noise on this ride is one of worst ever.... btw im at first name basis at service department pffff
Plus and big PLUS the value is dropping so fast in this car I wanted to get the hell out of it. but still thought " just maybe if I did some upgrades...." smh
But when I get in my old 2011 IS Fsport none I mean none of that is happening. I need to test drive this new gen

Here's the kicker guys
When I test drove the Q50s, when I used the brakes. the rotors felt warped.................. out right.
the salesman said, "well that didn't sound right.......... ill need to show it to the technicians right away" " lets find another one"

I made a B line out of there !! FK that

These are kinda cool, im sure you guys already seen them

If you haven't test drove the new gen, your 4ssholes I mean opinions are like vomit
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by CrackHeadMonsta
If you haven't test drove the new gen, your 4ssholes I mean opinions are like vomit
Vomit. I don't get the analogy, but it sure was funny.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Those comparisons are of the IS350 F-sport. The IS250 doesn't get any of the real goodies--suspension, summer tires, faster steering--of the 350 F. It offers acceleration on par with a Honda Odyssey and handling that is far surpassed by a G37s. I don't need to drive one to figure that out.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Ciao amigos!!

Test drove both Q50 and Q50s plus IS250 F-Sport and I got to tell yous, the IS is a dream. Rides so good and I felt that it drove better. Yes less power but damnnn they stepped it up.
Out with G, in with 2014 IS250 F-Sport Nebula grey pearl with red interior

Be well all and thanks

Ditto bro

I also had Lexus IS's and still do and G coupe S then this sedan. But the sedan had so many creeks, cracks, freeking windshield knockn, doing what ever and worst as time progressed.... my right knee hitting center console making it creek even more. ash tray always making noise. under dash board was makings whatever noise, noise everywhere hahaha, passenger air bag light always on, no matter who's sitting in there. back brakes squealing now for a few weeks. the wind noise on this ride is one of worst ever.... btw im at first name basis at service department pffff
Plus and big PLUS the value is dropping so fast in this car I wanted to get the hell out of it. but still thought " just maybe if I did some upgrades...." smh
But when I get in my old 2011 IS Fsport none I mean none of that is happening. I need to test drive this new gen

Here's the kicker guys
When I test drove the Q50s, when I used the brakes. the rotors felt warped.................. out right.
the salesman said, "well that didn't sound right.......... ill need to show it to the technicians right away" " lets find another one"

I made a B line out of there !! FK that

These are kinda cool, im sure you guys already seen them

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_Da8ZLwB0

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbshQDZzwg

Sounds like a lot of opinions to me....
Old 02-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Deelow
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
If it's not an IS 350 then there isn't a comparison to be made... period. GTFO

Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
/thread, it's run it's course and is now swirling in the bowl
The following 3 users liked this post by blnewt:
Black Betty (02-05-2014), warped ideas (02-05-2014), yenhsravkeviv (02-05-2014)