G37 Sedan

Helpppp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM
FresaG37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helpppp!!!

Hey guys, how you all doing?
Long story short, i bought a flooded g37. Everything works fine on the car except the driver seat (including memory buttons, they dont even light up) and both side mirrors... The rest everhthing works perfect, including the passenger seat and all that.... When i got the car i bought a new seat and put in the car, it worked fine, however just a couple of minutes.... (I already switched the plug tbat goes to the seat).... But its still not working...
Also btw today i was working on the car and checking fuses, and i noticed that they all work except three on the driver fuse box which is the heater/mirror, and the 2 rr def fuses.... What i mean that they are not working i mean that its not getting any current, the fuses are fine, i did swap them out anyway but they still dont get any current.... Could that be the fuse link or what can that be?
Thank you for any help,
Alejandro
Old 01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
FresaG37x

I forgot to mention, its a 2011 G37x sedan w/ 18K miles.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Yazovets

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Time to start tracing where some of the wires go...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
michg37

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck man, you are going to want to trace all the wires for whatever doesnt work, you are bound to find a module or relay along the way that went bad. Your best bet is to remove all interior panels, seats and carpets, everything will be exposed. Make it easier and allow you to clean all the nooks and crannys
Old 01-27-2014, 07:21 PM
FresaG37x

When i got the car 1 year ago i did take it all out (including the floor carpet) so i could "soak" out any water, but surprisingly there was none.... And NOTHING looks corroded or anything like that... Not even the fuse box... I also know for a fact that the water that got in wasnt that much... The only thing that had corrosion was the bottom part of the driver seat...
That is something i didnt want to hear lol, that is a pain in the a** to do.... Do you know where can i find a diagram of the side mirrors and the drivers seat?
Isnt it possible that the fuse link is causing this?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Deelow
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I know Nicoclub has some factory manuals. Your best bet is pull it all out and do resistance checks as you go from point to point. Read up on it and you'll find it easy to understand what I mean. Good luck and take your time!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Deelow
I know Nicoclub has some factory manuals. Your best bet is pull it all out and do resistance checks as you go from point to point. Read up on it and you'll find it easy to understand what I mean. Good luck and take your time!
This. You do not want to have to take everything out a third time do you?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:44 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Yeah, your best bet is to find a wiring schematic for the vehicle. Locate each problem area on the schematic, trace the wire routes , and see if there is a module that all the problem pieces run through. If there is a common "thing" for each of the problematic pieces you'll just need to locate "it", instead of removing the interior panels. Do this before pulling apart your interior. It may save you time and effort.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:10 PM
macintos

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
haha subbed... you know...for future reference. From one flood salvaged G37 to another.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:22 PM
FresaG37x

Something else i want to mention lol, idk if that can help, but if i leave the drivers seat plugged even though is not working it will drain my battery in 24 hours if i dont use the car.... So i have to have it unplugged so it doesnt kill my bat... Sorry if im sayin or asking noob stuff... Im just 19 years old and i got myself into a flooded G....
Thank you, i am looking for the wiring schematic of the side mirrors already, thank u again!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Sounds like the seat is grounding out somewhere. (draining the batt.) Your fuses are fine you say, but a few of the fuses don't have ANY voltage at all through them or to them? That is odd. Try checking the central fuse and wires coming from it off your positive terminal. You may need to run to autozone or advanced and buy a test light if you don't have a multimeter.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
FresaG37x

Yeah, All the fuses are fine in the fusebox next to thr battery... But i dont know how to check if it could be the fuses from the positive terminal (fusible link)... And all the fuses next to the driver side are good except: heater/mirror, and 2 rr def fuses (idk what that means)... I mean, the fuses are good lol, i put them in another slot and they do get voltage, but in those 3 slots i mentioned they dont, which are the 3 below the fuse puller and the spare fuse... I got the diagram of the side mirrors ill upload it in a few because i honestly dont understand, it says it goes straight from the battery to the fusebox... But in the fusebox there is no voltage... The only thing that comes to my mind is the fuselink... How do i check the fusible link (wires n fuses of the positive terminal) ??!
Could the seat and the mirrors be a related problem?
Thank you for helping me, i really appreciate it
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 PM
FresaG37x

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2011/MIR.pdf

This is the link;
The diagram is in the 4th page...
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

To check the fusible links you would need to disconnect the the (+) lead from the battery and run a continuity test on the link itself. You would use a multimeter for this OR you could use a cheap light tester with the wires still connected to the battery by attaching the wire from your light tester to the ground on the battery and probing the wire AFTER the fusible link. If the light turns on the link is good if it doesn't it is bad. The next step if the link is good would to be pulling apart the fuse box and making sure all the wires are connected to the back of the fuse terminals behind the fuse box. BE CAUTIOUS DOING THAT! Ground out the line wire from the battery it WILL burn the fusible link. = New fusible link= $$$ Hope this helps you.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
FresaG37x

Perfect... Got it, i will be trying that tomorrow or past tomorrow... I will let u know how everything comes out! Thank you so much man!

Alejandro

Quick Reply: Helpppp!!!