G37 Sedan

G37x sedan mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
If you plan on lowering your car (this is typically done when buying larger wheels since larger wheels can look a bit "off" on a higher vehicle) be sure to do your homework. It seems cheap & easy but it's best to get the proper parts so your alignment will be correct and your tires won't wear prematurely.
Springs are about $300 give or take, but the front & rear camber arms and rear toe bolt kit will add another $500 to the bill, add another $120 for the alignment and you'll be pushing $1000, and this is if you have the tools and feel comfortable doing the install yourself.

Don't want to discourage you but best to know what's involved prior to diving in
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 PM
4rnr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Modifications can't void your warranty unless they are the direct cause of the issue. For instance, if your starter stops working, and they try to blame it on an intake or exhaust, the are trying to weasel out of fixing it. Now if your engine hydrolocked because your Stillen or Takeda intake sucked up too much water, that's another story.

Appearance mods (wheels, body parts, etc) will not void any warranties.

Lowering the car is always the biggest concern for warranty issues. The dealer will ALWAYS pin something because the car is lower. Has happened to me in the past but it was resolved my VW headquarters.

All in all, I wouldn't be too worried about the basic mods you want to do. It's a completely different story if you slam your car on its ***** and drive around town.

100%correct. Check out: Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
I use to work at an off-road shop, and we would get the question "Will this void my warranty" all day every day
Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 AM
RTom919

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
If you plan on lowering your car (this is typically done when buying larger wheels since larger wheels can look a bit "off" on a higher vehicle) be sure to do your homework. It seems cheap & easy but it's best to get the proper parts so your alignment will be correct and your tires won't wear prematurely.
Springs are about $300 give or take, but the front & rear camber arms and rear toe bolt kit will add another $500 to the bill, add another $120 for the alignment and you'll be pushing $1000, and this is if you have the tools and feel comfortable doing the install yourself.

Don't want to discourage you but best to know what's involved prior to diving in
Yup. This guy did not do his (complete) homework, now has a brand new set of Swift Springs for x sedan under his bed. Too scared/nervous to pay for install (can't DIY), have alignment suck and need camber/toe items. It does look a little weird at stock height with the 19 coupe wheels, but it is growing on me. Everyone that stated they didn't need camber kits got my hopes up lol, then back down to earth I went...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
I installed Swift Springs in my 2010 X sedan and did not need a camber kit in the front or rear. An alignment was able to get everything into spec.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I installed Swift Springs in my 2010 X sedan and did not need a camber kit in the front or rear. An alignment was able to get everything into spec.
Connor, where did your F&R camber and Toe settings end up?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Connor, where did your F&R camber and Toe settings end up?
I'll have to find the alignment sheet that I saved. All I know is that my neighbor who did the alignment for me said only the rear had added camber but the wear wouldn't be noticeable over stock tire wear. The fronts would never give me any issues.

This will be a completely different story when I get my coupe 19s on, and get coils on the car.

Because someone is selling a set of BC coils in the marketplace, I may end up buying those and swapping the top hats for rubber mounts... I'm too impatient to wait for Tunerz_store to run their tests and what not.